Consumer Reviews of SEARS central air conditioners

Read more about SEARS central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-07-03 Name: Linda Paulin
Location: Manalapan, NJ

"Nightmare AC system with Sears"
Do not ever use Sears to install a central air conditioner system. From the moment it was installed, it has not been working. They refuse to change it. System costs us more than $5000. We may be forced to take them to court. The thermostat reading does not go beyond 80. We are very upset. I wish my husband had read these reviews before contracting them.

Date created: 2013-10-30 Name: V Harris
Location: Gastonia, NC

"Don't Buy Kenmore Heating and Cooling"
I'm a widow feeling like I have been taking advanced of brought heating and cooling 05/05/11, no heat on 10/20/13. Two years. Kenmore heating and cooling unit from Sears, I cut my heat on 10/20/13 and my son told me he smelled gas. I called my gas company and he cut my gas off and told me to call who put my unit in, because the gas was shoot out and not going into the line to the house. Called Sears on 10/20/13 and also talk to them about a water tank. Sears showed up on 10/30/13 9:15AM. At 10:45AM, he showed me a paper explaining if it this it will cost $200.00 and something but if it this it will cost, don't remember the price. But the last choice was, if it the board it will cost $800.00. Now, he'd been here for over an hour and couldn't tell me exactly what the problem was and he look at me like I was to pick one for him to fix. He supposed to get back with me in two days after he checked my warranty to see if it's cover. I called Sears and they told me I only had a two-year contact warranty and it ended in May 2013, and I will have to pay the technician to get it fixed. I will not buy anything us from Sears or let them fix anything of mines. So of course, I cancelled the water heater I ordered from Sears. Don't trust anything from them. He didn't even leave the paper he wrote up with his quotes but, I had to pay him $69.00. Didn't ask him for the paper because I was fed up plus I had another company here talking to me about my water heater. They will but in tomorrow. Thanks Sears, I still have no heat.

Date created: 2013-08-15 Name: Sonia Robinson
Location: Tampa, FL

"Should Have Read The Reviews First"
I like many who wrote reviews. I am so disappointed in Sears and their Kenmore products. Invested a lot of money to discover the only part covered by warranty is the compressor (Aug 06) purchase. The fan has gone out twice, the most expensive part $852.00 not including labor. Never again, I would rather have the entire system removed than invest $1000.00 into it again. If any other product can work with it, I may keep the condenser. Bad investment.

Date created: 2013-07-18 Name: SVJ

"Poor Service"
I posted a complaint on several website and some asked if I would like someone to call me about the issue. I said yes and I have not heard from a single person.

Date created: 2013-07-10 Name: Ronald Lovato
Location: Albuquerque, NM

"Kenmore"
I had the A/C installed about 5-6 years ago, and it has cost me hundred of dollars just to keep it working at less than 30% level. Today I had out that ice had developed for the third time. We only use the unit with a setting of 70 degrees. We had to service with freon in the past and the service person has said we need to do it again. Heater portion acceptable. """WOULD NOT RECOMMEND***

Date created: 2013-07-06 Name: SVJ
Location: Hilliard, Ohio

"Bad Kenmore product"
We have bought many Sears products. We never will again nor will our family. Don't ever buy a Kenmore product!! We purchased a new Sears Kenmore furnace and central air conditioning unit in 2005. We had a 7 year service plan and in 2012 the last year of the plan, we turned on the air conditioner and it would run a few minutes then switched off. We called the service department and they sent a technician out to service it. We were told we had a freon leak and he refilled it with the freon and stop leak fluid. We were told this should take care of the problem. Should they not have fixed the leak? This year, we turned on the air conditioner and it began to do the same thing. We called the service department and were told that they would give us a $65 credit for the service call and parts were to be covered, and that we would have to pay for labor. The technician came out, walked into the house, walked in the backyard looked at the unit told us it needed freon, it has a leak, the same problem. He did not even turn the unit on. He told us it would be around $200 to fill the unit again. We called back the service department to complain. They told us they only had a 90 day warranty on their work. We questioned as to why the problem was not fixed properly while we were still under warranty. We asked to talk to a manager, we were put in contact with an on duty manager. We were told by her “we can't help what some of our techs do”. Really? Don't they represent your company? We were told we would be receiving a bill for a service call and $65 would not apply and if we did not pay, it would go on our credit report. We asked to speak with someone else and she told us she was as high as we could go. We asked for the corporate address and phone number. She gave the address but refused to give us a phone number. Our first central air conditioner lasted for 18 years, this Kenmore product lasted for 7 years!!!!! The reason we went with Kenmore was because we were told it was a high quality product. We decided to pay the extra money and get the Kenmore product. Paid top dollar, that was the mistake.

Date created: 2013-01-04 Name: Dude

"What a JOKE!!!"
I was expecting more of Sears. The man who visited my home thought we were fools who would fall for their PowerPoint presentation on why Sears is the best. Just like Home Depot's clowns. Then he finally went ahead and calculated what we needed for our house and proceeded to quote us 3 times the amount we were quoted from other contractors! Then they call me the next day and they want to come waste my time again to give a more "aggressive" price. The answer was no!! Last time I deal with Sears...

Date created: 2012-09-12 Name: Tyrone Trebble

"If You Value Your Sanity Stay Away From Sears"
Although this incident happened during my deployment, it was in 2006 when I had Sears install this lg piece of junk. To make a long story short, it stopped working 2006 to 2010. So I finally had threaten Sears with a lawsuit for them to replace it with Mitsubishi model which works well. I also got assistance from one the managers who serve in Iraq with me. He made the call to take that junk out of my house.

Date created: 2012-09-01 Name: Shea1031
Location: Staten Island

"Run...Run Away as fast as you can!!!"
You will be sorry if you buy from Sears. The salesperson Bob A. Who deals with Staten Island is a big phony. He's your best friend till the deal is made then you will never hear from him again. The installer (Bella Air Conditioning)installed it wrong, Sears wanted them to come back and review it, after many phone calls to corporate office they sent another company, who had to fix it. I called customer service because my unit which was over 11k didn't come with a filter. Are you kidding me?? A filter?? Really??? Sears said they would send one out.....20 days later no filter. Just called back, no record of first phone call. Simply the worst!!!

Date created: 2012-08-08 Name: Tamiko

"Bad Company"
Sears is the worst company to buy and to have services, they always make appointments so far in the month that if it is excessively hot or cold you will be dead by the time they come to your house and they charge double compared to other companies that it will come to your house the same day or next day. The same in buying a new system they charge double the amount that anybody else and they do a bad job that breaks after a year of purchase, I recommend everybody to never buy anything from Sears they are a ripoff, everything falls apart after a year of purchase, when you call to ask for them to fix the problem they make you wait in the phone for a long time and they transfer you for line to line to tell you they are not going to fix the problem.