Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: terry
Location: atlanta,ga

"small problem to watch out for."
well after the initial startup everything was great. then we had a period of coll weather where i did not run the unit. then two days ago i tried to run the unit when the outside air temp was 80 degrees. the compressor would not start?? i found out that with the new 410A systems with the txv that the pressures do not equalize and therefore cause much more torque for startup. the solution was fairly simple we put a hard start kit on the system and it works like a charm now. i found out that most real expensive systems and all trane units come with a hard start kit already installed, but i quess to save money luxaire doesnt put them on @ the factory. so if you buy one of these systems have the installer put you a hard start kit on it and you should be fine!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-03-01 Name: terry
Location: atlanta,ga

"JUST INSTALLED!!"
well i just had a new luxaire xl series 2.5 ton 13 seer ac system installed. my intitial review is that i like the unit so far. it seem to be very quiet and cools my house wonderfully. i had a 75k btu 80% gas furnace installed 2 years ago when my 20 year olds furnace heat exchanger rusted out. the furnace as of 2 winters has been trouble free and it works great and saves me money over my old 60% efficient furnace. i will wait until the end of this summer and then i will rate the ac unit again to see if it will be as reliable as the furnace has been. well see in 8 months???????

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: chase
Location: groves texas

"leaks! never again !"
Evaporator leaks 3 times control board shorted out from water leaking compresor now! called factory johnson controls and they lie! Im tearing this unit out and buying anything else.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Jason

"Good service"
As I read through all of these reviews for HVAC equipment, I can't help but almost feel bad for all you home owners out there who can't find a dependable, honest and quality service man. I have been in the HVAC/R trade doing service for 12 yrs now and have worked on a lot of different brands. They all use the same hand-full of parts mfg's. There are a few, and just a few brands that are crap but for the most part, it is all the installer/service man that keeps them coming back for service After all, they are just trying to keep their job! I installed a Luxaire packaged system in my home 3yrs ago and think the equipment is great. Well-built and not badly priced either. Hope you all keep looking for the service guys who are out there to take care of the customer. That's always been my motto!

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Don P.

"Happy with Luxair"
11 years and no problems so far. My installer did a good job. If a unit leaks after two years, you can be sure it was the installation. I had a unit (not sure what brand) installed in my previous house and the second year it didn't work. I called the guy who installed it and he came when I wasn't home. He told my wife the refrigerant leaked out, and the hack charged my wife for the service call to refill it. Units don't leak when installed properly.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: P. Wexler

"best systems out there"
I have been installing Luxaire systems for over 20 years. I have personally owned 3 systems at various locations. I found the equipment to be highly reliable, and virtually trouble free. Everything breaks from time to time. But if installed properly (that's the key), the system will operate as well as the systems costing 2 times as much. When you peel the wrapper off, the units are almost all the same. Motors, compressors and other components are all made by a handful of manufacturers.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: R. Stov

"Don't Buy Luxaire"
Got tired of calling the a/c & heat repair guy to fix the unit that came with my new house. Didn't want to since it was new, but the warranty had expired. Anyway, I thought a new unit would save time, headache and maybe even a few coins ($700 & $800 repair bills add up fast!). So, I called up a company that claimed to sell TRANE...instead I got a Luxaire and every winter and summer, unit is only 2 1/2 years old now and I've still had to call the repair dude every winter and summer.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Jeff & Connie

"Luxaire central air"
It just died after 20 years. We are going to buy another Luxaire and hope it gives us the service this model did for all these years. Granted it will be more energy efficient but we can only hope it lasts like this unit.

Date created: 2010-05-20 Name: Edward Martin

"These Reviews"
I will say this for Luxaire, if there are only 5 irritated consumers out of 100 of thousands, this must be a fantastic unit. Anyone can get a unit that malfunctions, it is usually your A/C guy that is causing multiple problems unless the unit is really old and worn out. This is by an HVAC Co., Grayson Collin Appliance And A/C. We install all brands. And Luxaire is high on my list. And I didn't notice it being cheap in $. It's just a good unit and not cheap compared to other brands. Actually, cost a little more. It's the A/C Co. that sets the price, not the dealer!

Date created: 2009-04-27 Name: LUXAIRE

"Mr"
I just recently had a low pressure issue. Service man says that compressor coils have a leak and I need to change unit out.