Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: R. Stov

"Don't Buy Luxaire"
Got tired of calling the a/c & heat repair guy to fix the unit that came with my new house. Didn't want to since it was new, but the warranty had expired. Anyway, I thought a new unit would save time, headache and maybe even a few coins ($700 & $800 repair bills add up fast!). So, I called up a company that claimed to sell TRANE...instead I got a Luxaire and every winter and summer, unit is only 2 1/2 years old now and I've still had to call the repair dude every winter and summer.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Jeff & Connie

"Luxaire central air"
It just died after 20 years. We are going to buy another Luxaire and hope it gives us the service this model did for all these years. Granted it will be more energy efficient but we can only hope it lasts like this unit.

Date created: 2010-05-20 Name: Edward Martin

"These Reviews"
I will say this for Luxaire, if there are only 5 irritated consumers out of 100 of thousands, this must be a fantastic unit. Anyone can get a unit that malfunctions, it is usually your A/C guy that is causing multiple problems unless the unit is really old and worn out. This is by an HVAC Co., Grayson Collin Appliance And A/C. We install all brands. And Luxaire is high on my list. And I didn't notice it being cheap in $. It's just a good unit and not cheap compared to other brands. Actually, cost a little more. It's the A/C Co. that sets the price, not the dealer!

Date created: 2009-04-27 Name: LUXAIRE

"Mr"
I just recently had a low pressure issue. Service man says that compressor coils have a leak and I need to change unit out.

Date created: 2009-01-28 Name: n atkins
Location: Texarkana, AR

"a/c systems reliability"
I currently own a trane system that is three years old. I have no compliants. I live in southern arkansas and have average summer electric bills of $100.00 in the warmest six months of the year. in the last 20 years i've had rudd, carrier, and johnson in various homes in the south. I have had no problem with any of these systems. I don't care what system or make you review on the net, you hear horror stories. that leads me to belive that alot of these problems may be user, installer related. just my thoughts!

Date created: 2008-12-27 Name: W.P.
Location: Houma, LA

"Mrs."
We started having problems with the unit when it was only six months old. I see my a/c man at least twice a year with problems. The air conditioning guy should not be able to recognize your voice when you call! We are now at the point of replacing the compressor for the second time. We are ready to replace the whole thing!

Date created: 2008-11-07 Name: M. Freshour
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

"Luxaire like a Timex, Keeps working"
I have had a Luxaire air conditioner for 21 years and it just wont quit and has been trouble free. I will replace the unit since it has a hard time keeping the inside cool when we have 100 degree temps here in Georgia. I havenít found a contractor that is rated highly that sell Luxeair or I would buy another one.

Date created: 2008-09-16 Name: David Bertrand
Location: Hammond, LA

"Required coolant when it was 2 years old."
Had to put 11 pounds of coolant in the big unit when it was 2 years old. That was a disappointing to say the least.

Date created: 2007-08-27 Name: Casey M.
Location: TEXAS

DON'T buy Luxaire. We were attracted to the low price, but have ended up paying heavily in other ways for this piece of junk. Within 13 months of purchasing it, we've had to replace nearly every component of the unit including the compressor. We are now being told the coils we need may not be available for 2 weeks. We've gone nearly a week with no A/C in August with our heat index around 100 degrees. I have two small children and this is now becoming a health issue. I contacted LUXAIRE directly, but my conversation was cut short since the supervisor I was speaking with informed me it was 5:00 pm and he gets off at 5, so we would have to talk about this tomorrow. You could tell he really had a lot invested in his job. Spend the extra money and buy a reliable brand with a professional customer service department... it is worth it!