Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-09-11 Name: DAVID
Location: Schriever,La

"Wonderful ac central system"
When you look on line at the wonderful web page you would think hey this company makes good products. Far from it. I built a new home three years ago unfortunately my contractors used luxaire as the hvac unit. First the fan motor for the a coil went out one year later. Three days no ac in Louisiana sure no problem. The same story about the condenser coil two years later.if you want poor quality poor service and poor warranty buy luxaire you will get it....

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: R Cookson
Location: Lake Charles LA

"Stay away"
Unit is 4 yrs old.Had service tech come out to find out why the unit was not cooling.Leak on coil on outside condenser unit.Said it was real common as they use a real thin coil. Unit is under warranty, but not the labor. With 96 degree heat in la my wife can't be w/o a/C. Will be getting a different unit this winte

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: Ryan
Location: ontario canada

"AC requires service every year"
At first when our unit was installed, 2 days later is started to make a terrible sound. I called the company and he said it was the first ac unit he put it that was defective from Luxaire and promptly replaced it. Fast forward a year later and my unit froze outside, not enough air flow so fixed that. Now again into my 3rd year, the air is not cold anymore, the fan is working. This unit is a certified piece of crap.

Date created: 2012-07-19 Name: Jhon
Location: Humble, Tx.

"WORST BRAND"
I had 2 years with this unit, and on the first year the strat kit was failure; right now, the compressor is broken. Bad option.

Date created: 2012-05-08 Name: J. Sellman
Location: Milwaukee wI

"Total lack of QUALITY for Luxaire products"
Both my ac unit and my Furnace have required service call with in 4 years of installation. Last furnace I had for 8 years (we moved) never required any type of service. Be careful of luxaire.

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: Terrie Adcock
Location: El Paso, TX

"Never buy a Luxaire, York, Coleman"
This unit might run okay when you first buy it but God help you if it breaks. I am here in Texas in 103 degree heat with an ts compressor control board broken that "unitary product" or Johnson Controls (parent company to all three above) doesn't make anymore. So I am now stuck with a no - good piece of crap. What they did come up with is a 2 contractor 2 relay replacement kit / field re-engineering process, that turns your two stage computer controlled unit into a 1950's one-stage wonder. (you wonder why you would every buy anything made by York, Coleman, Luxaire, or Johnson Controls.

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: J. HART
Location: YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO

"Model# HDEC-F030AA"
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: HAD FURNACE AND A/C INSTALLED TOGETHER SEPT,1989; BY CARLSON KEMPKO HVAC CONTRACTORS(UNFORTUNATELY NO LONGER IN BUSINESS) IN YOUNGSTOWN OHIO. AM VERY PLEASED WITH SERVICE AS I UNDERSTAND UNITS TODAY DO NOT LAST LONGER THAN 10-15YRS. COIL EVAPORATOR DRAIN PAN IS THE CULPRIT ON EXISTING UNIT. WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD LUXAIRE AND HOPEFULLY CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THAT BRAND. BY THE WAY MY MODEL # WAS NOT SUPPORTED BY PULL DOWN MENU.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: terry
Location: atlanta,ga

"Keeping the family cool!"
Well here we are in the middle of a bonafied georgia heatwave. we have been over 90 degrees here for over a month with no rain and little relief in sight. my new a/c is really getting tested and so far she is doing a good job. even when it is 98 degrees outside the unit keeps the inside temp@75 all day long. i just got my electic bill and to my surprise it was 100 bucks less than it was on average last year @ this time and that is with temps running 10 to 15 degrees above normal.my old a/c unit would run all the time and maybe keep the inside temp 12 degrees below the outside temp and then on numerous occasions my electic bill would be well over 250 bucks.other than the previous problem i had with having to add a hard start kit i like the unit. i do think that the install makes all the difference. i had a freind of mine that has his own a/c company install mine and i think he did it right. if you are experiencing problems it more than likely is because of a shoddy install.caveat emptor

Date created: 2011-05-01 Name: Paul M.
Location: Huntington, CT.

"Excellent and efficient units to date"
A tree destroyed a critical part of my 10 year old AC system, so I decided to shop around for an entirely new system. A local installer offered an efficient Luxaire system for nearly HALF the price of the nearest quote from a competitor (also qualified for significant rebates from Fed and state). Since my original Carrier system was 10 years old (and not exactly my favorite), decided to purchase complete AC and furnace together to avoid installing separately a few years apart (< $4,000 after rebates). After 2 years, I could not be more satisfied with the result. My home (single zone) now cools and heats more evenly than ever before (never more than a two degree differential between floors or rooms). The Luxaire blows away my old Carrier unit that came with the house when new. My electric and heatng bills are at least 20% lower now, even after rate increases by the utilities. If you can get yourelf a great installer with a good track record, you will not be disappointed with your Luxaire unit(s). The installer is usually the difference when it comes to problem units over the first coouple of years.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: Jade

"UNITS ARE MADE OF DEFECTIVE PARTS"
I purchased a new Luxaire furnace and air conditioner in March2009. In April 2010, I turned my air conditioner on. About a week after I started it, I came home and the unit was not working. The company that installed it sent someone that evening. A compressor had gone out, and the Tech ADMITTED to me that the part was defective, and he was surprised they had installed it, knowing that it was defective. Although it was only 2-3 weeks past the warranty of 1 year, I was still charged for the part as well as the labor. I had other minor problems but fast forward to April 2011. Again I turned the unit on to make sure it was working. It was emitting a high pitch whistle and was not cooling. I turned it off and waited, thinking it had some dust or something. Turned the unit on again on Easter Sunday – and still getting the high pitch sound and little to no cool air. I again called the company that installed it. The technician just left. Why am I complaining? They finally identified the problem. ANOTHER DEFECTIVE PART. They charged me $95 for the service call and they “supposedly” bypassed the defective part. I STILL HAVRE THE HIGH PITCH WHISTLE SOUND AND NO COOL AIR! –This time they want $1100 to replace ANOTHER DEFECTIVE PART! I have no choice but to have them order the part to fix the unit, because I do not have another $8000 for a new AC – the point is LUXAIRE DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS – I KNOW PEOPL WHO HAVE HAD AIR CONDITIONERS LAST FOR 15-20 YEARS WITHOUT PROBLEMS – AND THIS ONE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS – RUN – DO NOT WALK – TO ANY OTHER COMPANY