Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-04-13 Name: Sherry Steinway
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

"5 Lennox units in new house"
We have 5 units in a new house - 3 years old. Extremely unsatisfactory. Four of the five units major repairs, condensers, freon leaks, boards - terrible service from Lenox and their rep in Atlanta - Peachtree Services. We have paid out over $2500 in repairs already and have two more units leaking freon. We are looking at $1500-$2000 more in repairs. I'm ready to throw away units and GET A DIFFERENT BRAND. I will never buy Lennox again.

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Austin, TX

"I love my dual-zone AC unit!"
My Lennox AC unit came with the house I purchased in 2004, and I love it. I have a dual-zone system, and the AC keeps the house cool through every Texas summer without breaking the bank. The only drawback is that the outside unit is surprisingly loud. Hopefully, my AC will never fail - I've never had to repair it. If it ever fails, I'll certainly buy the same model again.

Date created: 2011-03-24 Location: Santa Fe, NM

"No Sweating With an Air Conditioner"
I bough the Lennox 13ACX Air Conditioner last summer,and have enjoyed the ease and cold air that this air conditioner provides. Living in a small house, this unit was a cost effective way to stay cool in the hot summer without having to pay much money for the unit, or for the electrical bill. The unit does not offer a lot of features compared to other units, but the cost can't be beat. The unit is pretty quiet, but at times it appears to make more noise than other, more costly units. The air conditioner is from a trusted brand as I have bought many products over the years from them for various houses and projects. I wanted to make sure I had a reliable and quality unit for me home, so I only looked at the brand name products, and this one stood out as a winner. I also wanted one that came with a good warranty, and this unit came with a 5 year warranty, which is sufficient, as my experience is that most problems occur during the first two years.

Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: Mike Conder
Location: GA

"Poor quality materials"
I purchased the elite series and have had nothing but trouble. I have 3 units and all three have had problems from fan motors to reversing valves. I have spent several thousand dollars repairing the units over the the first 4 years of operations. I have had Rheem and Carrier units with no problems. Had I bought a cheap system I would have expected problems with some quality issues. My cost have only been labor since the parts were covered under warrenty. $450 to change a reversing valve and $450 to change a metering valve is nuts. I will not buy again.

Date created: 2011-02-16 Name: mike
Location: sarasota fl

"don't think its worth it"
I've had mine for 8 years. 2 capacitors replaced, and 1 fan motor. $300 each. Now the compressor. $1,700. i change my filters monthly, good 3m ones not cheap ones. i wet vac the condensation monthly. So it has cost me $2,600. I will give this one last try, if it breaks, I'm done with lennox.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: art modesto
Location: Apopka, Florida

"Mr"
I thought I bought the best 5 ton A/C unit. In fact it is the worst unit I ever purchase. It is almost 6 years old and I had to repair it more than 7 times at the cost of 800 plus a repair. I use to have a Trane a/c unit that was 18 years old and had to repair it only 3 x. I will never buy a Lennox a/c again. I am ready to replace it with a Trane unit

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: J Hineman
Location: Scottsdale, AS

"DO NOT BUY A LENNOX UNIT!"
Had two 14 seer, 4 ton units installed in 2007. I have had to repair them every year since. As of this writing, I have to spend $1500.00 in repairs in the last 30 days, as the TXV valve on both units stopped working (at different times). The valve is a covered part, but the labor isn't. I tried calling Lennox, and was put on hold for over an hour, and when I did get a rep, he didn't get back to me as promised. I called Corporate in Texas, and even though I asked for a manager to talk with, they stuck me back in the call loop for another hour. I had to give up. There units are crap and the customer service is worse. Get a Trane........

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Rose Dean
Location: Columbus Tx,

"Dean"
The sound out of this system has been a nightmare. They have had problems in the past and are still installing the systems with old recall parts. It has been a nightmare, no one calls back they state they are busy teaching classes due to slow times. Well, what about helping the customer. I have had my system for 2 months now and I dont know what the big deal of the Lennox System is.

Date created: 2010-12-13 Name: Mark
Location: Apex, NC

"Piece of poop"
I have the same story as most of the people who have written reviews here. I have a four year-old house with a Lennox AC unit and it has failed on me every year. I've had to recharge twice, replace a coil, capacitor and mother board. I feel better after reading these reviews, though, because I've only spent about $1400 so far.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: Ann Thomson
Location: Victoria, British Columbia

"Fan"
My HVAC unit is just over six years old and the fan gave out- fair enough. But it has been three weeks now and the Honeywell guys that do the servicing have not been able to get the new fan from Lennox (who have the worse reputation for customer service here). Eventually the fan was sent (by Lennox) to the wrong city in the wrong province...and when this was pointed out to them, they refused to send it rush to correct their mistake...so we had to just wait til it came....THIS MORNING! Then it was found that they SENT THE WRONG ONE. Again, instead of expediting the sending of the RIGHT one, they said we just had to wait until it arrived...whenever this will be. Between the Honeywell guy and myself, we have wasted hours on the phone with each other and with Lennox (who also has a ridiculous phone system- try it sometimes! You are instructed to enter the same number over and over and no one ever comes on!) trying to deal with this situation. We have had no heat or air conditioning for weeks now- all because of the poor service of Lennox. (And their employees who answer their phones for the technicians could not care less either.) The worst service I could possibly imagine.