Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-01-25 Name: M. Taylor
Location: Willow Spring, NC

"NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!"
When we bought our house it had a couple of older but running a/c units. We opted to replace them rather than take a chance of having it break. We purchased 2 Lennox Signature Series units one being the xp-15 which is the problem child. First it developed what they called dirty sock syndrome ... you can imagine how the house smelled. Lennox did step up and powder coat some component to eliminate this issue. The unit at that time was 13 months old. Next @ 18 months the fan motor on the unit outside went bad. Lennox covered the part as required by the warranty and my dealer was nice enough to cover the labor due to its young age and as stated by the dealer they had issues with that motor as it was too small for the unit. Now were at 2.5 years and the compressor has developed a problem. The dealer I purchased it from indicated that they had found this to be common with this unit and had even talked to Lennox about it ... oh yeah with a labor discount it will be $627.00 to fix it. I called Lennox and was basically told what part of parts only warranty didn't you understand. They disavowed all knowledge of any issues with their compressors and told me "We don't cover labor period" What ever happened to quality and customerr service? Never again will I purchase a Lennox product and will do my damndest to discourage anyone else from doing so. Oh I almost forgot the tech who worked on it stated he would never own a Lennox due to all the issues he sees in the field. He stated he would opt for a Trans.

Date created: 2012-01-14 Name: Deb & Gary Waller
Location: Midland, Tx

"Elite"
This is the worst unit I have ever been around. I would not recommend Lennox to any one. The unit is so loud you can not watch tv with out turning up the tv or talk in the rooms around it with out yelling. I will never have a Lennox unit again! I'm sure that there has to be a problem in the design of the unit because after several attempts to solve the noise problem we were told that this model has a noise problem. I am very frustrated that i'm "stuck" with a unit that is so loud and can't afford to start over as we had the unit put in 4 years ago when we bought the house. If you have a solution please share with me as this has obviously caused me not to recommend your product!

Date created: 2011-11-18 Location: Boise, ID

"I love my Lennox HVAC System!"
I recently replaced the central air conditioning system in my house iwth the Lennox Elite XC14 after a friend recommended it. It's quite, clean and small, and for the last 5 months has cooled our home without any problem. I also like that it is energy star efficient- we are saving money already. My only complaint is that it takes a little longer to cool our 2600 square foot house than our previous (much older model). Once it gets going, however, it does great. We are very happy about it and would buy it again or recommend it to a friend without reservation.

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: Tina Griffin

"nothing but trouble"
My Lennox unit is only 2 years old. We thought we were buying the best ac available. In two years I have had 6 service calls. My warranty did cover replacement of a tx valve and a new coil, both of which are major parts of the unit. It took several service calls to determine the problem and I had to pay for them. Wish we had never bought this brand!!! Has been nothing but a headache!!

Date created: 2011-09-02 Name: J. JAZZE
Location: LAS VEGAS,NV

"The compressor of my a/c stop working"
The compressor of my a/c stop working, I had to call a service company to get it fix. They said that my compressor is broke and they contact Lennox for warranty since the compressor is almost 3 years old and this company have made me wait for 10 days in order to get my warranty on my compressor, and let me tell you readers it has been a nightmare. My house was 97 degrees during night, for 10 days. We contact costumer service to try to put some pressure on that and this girl told me that they can do anything about it that we have to wait until the warranty department approve it. I was so disappointed, if have a/c is because we need it for living in this tremendous heat in Las Vegas. I was dehydrated, I couldn't sleep for days. I know one thing as soon as I have more money to invest on my a/c I am going to remove their crap out my house.

Date created: 2011-08-28 Name: S. Saha
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Dave Lennox Signature Collection"
I have the Lennox inside unit for over 15 years and I am extremely satisfied with it's service and performance. I would recommend Lennox to anyone.

Date created: 2011-08-22 Name: Stany Van Den Bogaert
Location: Springfield MO

"Cost to much"
I had a Lennox heat pump installed and have had to call to get it fix the next week and have had a repairman out at least 6 times in the last year and half and am waiting for a repairman again. The unit will not keep my home warm in the winter and will not keep it cool in the summer. My old unit was in the home when we bought the home and worked for 3 years with one repair call. This unit is always needing repair. The representative is always saying that the new electronic are different and is more sensitive. What a joke. I burned wood in the fire place to keep the heat up and the propane bill down that is what a heat pump is made for.

Date created: 2011-08-12 Name: Shannon Semmas
Location: Danbury, CT

"Very Satisfied with Lennox"
Had this unit for 17 years, before I ever had to have anything fixed or replaced on it other than the freon/refrigerant. Just now had the capacitor replaced. Very happy with Lennox.

Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: WJ
Location: GA

"Very bad!"
Try another brand. I already spent $1500 dollars on it. Coil problems.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: F. Burgos
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Do not buy this brand"
This Lennox ac unit came with the house we bought new 3 years ago. After 1 year it started to make loud noises like metal grinding against metal. Nobody could find the problem and I was told this was just the normal. After 2 years, I had to pay $265.21 to replace the condenser fan motor. Now, a little more than 3 years, the circuit breaker keeps tripping as soon as I turn the ac on. I was told that the compressor is out and needs to be replaced and Chas Roberts, the contractor is asking $1,500 to do it. What a lousy deal is this? What else is going to go wrong with this product? I am afraid to spend this much money to have this break again. We live in Arizona and the summer here is unforgiving, we have an elderly person living with us and we have to find a place to relocate her because we are afraid she would have a heat stoke. I strongly warn you not to buy this brand. The positive reviews for this brand probably came from employees or paid writers.