Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-07-05 Name: Inge Patton
Location: Bowling Green KY

"Very poor"
We moved from the desert to Kentucky. We rarely had any issues with our AC in those high desert temps. But here in Kentucky we had the unfortunate event of buying a new home with a brand new Lennox AC. We have had constant problems with the unit and as of now it is still not resolved. In short, it is garbage.

Date created: 2012-07-02 Name: J Salinas
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"I would never buy another Lennox"
Our 5 year old Lennox air conditioner's compressor went. Since it is over 5 years old, it is not covered under warranty. It will cost 1900.00 to replace outside unit with another Lennox. I will never buy another Lennox even if it cost me more. An expensive air conditioner should last more than 5 years.

Date created: 2012-06-24 Name: Steve T

"my unit"
Lennox Product... I am satisfied ,, Bought my home in 99 unit was 4 years old. Heat, A/C and air scrubber... all are serviced by me, and only one issue in all this time, with research. I repaired it my self for low dough, 17 year old unit, works better than my buddy's brand new construction home w/ a carrier unit he has already called twice for service.

Date created: 2012-06-21 Name: Darin Sidwell
Location: St. Louis, MO 63010

"Great System"
We have had our Lennox System for a few years & find our system has not given us any problems. We do regular maintanance and this system works great. This was a new custom home and we did our research & hired the right contractor to design the system and it has been the correct thing to do. Our utilties on 2800 square foot on budget billing are $180.00 a month. So the ones with bad reviews either bought cheaper systems or did not have the right contractor. We would have had the same results with Carrier or Trane. I believe its all in how its installed and the quality of the product you buy.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: sharon
Location: west chicago ,il.

"Lennox air conditioner"
My Lennox is less then a week old and doesn't work. Would never buy again.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: M. Reynolds
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"Piece of crap"
I bought a brand new two story house four years ago. Since then, both the upstairs unit and downstairs unit has been diagnosed with leaks and both compressors needed to be replaced. The 10 year warranty covers the cost of a new compressor and other parts, but the cost of labor is absolutely ridiculous! In the past 4 months, I have put $1400 dollars worth of freon ( $41 per pound) and labor into just the downstairs unit alone with 2 different visits. Don't buy, especially if you live in a state where air conditioning is not a luxury, but a necessity...

Date created: 2012-05-29 Name: Yew Weng
Location: Irving texas

"Poor product design"
My unit has had the motor and blower units replaced on 2 occasions. It is a three year old ac unit and the first repair was done 8 months into service. Have owned a couple of homes and have Lennox installed. Never again with such poor reliability in its product reliability.

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: Jim Jenkins
Location: Coral Springs Florida

"Lemon of a Lennox"
I bought my Lennox air conditioner brand new in July 2011. Since then I have had the a/c techs out here at least 6 times, as the system does not cool. The system has broke down and I am constantly having problems with the humidity up around 55-65 %. I would never reccommend a Lennox.

Date created: 2012-05-26 Name: UNKOWN
Location: CA

"Bad copper"
I work for a company that sells Lennox. Lennox has had a great reputation until 5 to 7 yrs ago. we have had a number of leaks in evaporator coils. they are blaming it on indoor voc. that houses now a days are sealed and dont let fresh air in homes. but we have had new unit installed in older homes and still they leak. I think that the copper they are using is of poor quality. Lennox, Carrier, SCT all use the same coil manufacturer. We need beter copper.

Date created: 2012-05-24 Name: Claudia Allen

"Lennox 14P Elite"
Buyer beware!!! We have had the company who installed it out here 7 times since it was installed in April 2010.. May 2012..Compressor burned up..$370 labor to reinstall another one.. Which only leave 8 years left on the warranty.. You would think every time a new compressor is replaced the warranty would start over but noooooo!!! I will never recommend a lennox again!! It is crap!! When you pay $7500 for a heating & Air unit it would last a while!!!!