Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-07-12 Name: Dr Frank Simo
Location: St Louis, MO

"Dave Lennox Signature Collection"
My understanding was this was the top of the Lennox line with only one model above it. Expensive. Yes, it is efficient, quiet and attractive. After owning it for only 1 1/2 years { I live in the midwest, so it only is in use when the temperature is above around 80 degrees: 6 months or less per year.} the fan goes out on the compressor on a 100 degree day. I was shocked to have a malfunction with this level of use. Couple this with the fact that the service tech buffoon replaced the new fan motor on my only {other} functioning unit and not the faulty one only added to the problem. This coupled with a $188 service charge! The motor was covered, not labor!! I know the service charge is not the fault of the manufacturer but it does reflect on the whole customer service/quality control issue, especially when repairs are flubbed up. High end products should have high end dealers and service. Except for this episode the units have worked as expected but they are still quite new. I would not expect this type of failure this early in a unit costing this much. For those shopping these, also look at Trane products and cross shop reliability and warranty service. Negotiate the service warranty!

Date created: 2012-07-06 Name: Bob Moulton
Location: Waukesha wi

"No AC again!"
In 2009 we replaced our old ac unit that was working but older. In 2010 the dealer replaced the outside part under warranty. The unit was not working. Now in 2012 the outside unit is not working again. We never had a problem with the old unit. But this one... We use ac very little a few weeks a year.

Date created: 2012-07-05 Name: Inge Patton
Location: Bowling Green KY

"Very poor"
We moved from the desert to Kentucky. We rarely had any issues with our AC in those high desert temps. But here in Kentucky we had the unfortunate event of buying a new home with a brand new Lennox AC. We have had constant problems with the unit and as of now it is still not resolved. In short, it is garbage.

Date created: 2012-07-02 Name: J Salinas
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"I would never buy another Lennox"
Our 5 year old Lennox air conditioner's compressor went. Since it is over 5 years old, it is not covered under warranty. It will cost 1900.00 to replace outside unit with another Lennox. I will never buy another Lennox even if it cost me more. An expensive air conditioner should last more than 5 years.

Date created: 2012-06-24 Name: Steve T

"My unit"
Lennox Product... I am satisfied ,, Bought my home in 99 unit was 4 years old. Heat, A/C and air scrubber... all are serviced by me, and only one issue in all this time, with research. I repaired it my self for low dough, 17 year old unit, works better than my buddy's brand new construction home w/ a carrier unit he has already called twice for service.

Date created: 2012-06-21 Name: Darin Sidwell
Location: St. Louis, MO 63010

"Great System"
We have had our Lennox System for a few years & find our system has not given us any problems. We do regular maintanance and this system works great. This was a new custom home and we did our research & hired the right contractor to design the system and it has been the correct thing to do. Our utilties on 2800 square foot on budget billing are $180.00 a month. So the ones with bad reviews either bought cheaper systems or did not have the right contractor. We would have had the same results with Carrier or Trane. I believe its all in how its installed and the quality of the product you buy.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: sharon
Location: west chicago ,il.

"Lennox air conditioner"
My Lennox is less then a week old and doesn't work. Would never buy again.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: M. Reynolds
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"Piece of crap"
I bought a brand new two story house four years ago. Since then, both the upstairs unit and downstairs unit has been diagnosed with leaks and both compressors needed to be replaced. The 10 year warranty covers the cost of a new compressor and other parts, but the cost of labor is absolutely ridiculous! In the past 4 months, I have put $1400 dollars worth of freon ( $41 per pound) and labor into just the downstairs unit alone with 2 different visits. Don't buy, especially if you live in a state where air conditioning is not a luxury, but a necessity...

Date created: 2012-05-29 Name: Yew Weng
Location: Irving texas

"Poor product design"
My unit has had the motor and blower units replaced on 2 occasions. It is a three year old ac unit and the first repair was done 8 months into service. Have owned a couple of homes and have Lennox installed. Never again with such poor reliability in its product reliability.

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: Jim Jenkins
Location: Coral Springs Florida

"Lemon of a Lennox"
I bought my Lennox air conditioner brand new in July 2011. Since then I have had the a/c techs out here at least 6 times, as the system does not cool. The system has broke down and I am constantly having problems with the humidity up around 55-65 %. I would never reccommend a Lennox.