Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-11-03 Name: E Brandlen
Location: Houston, TX

"Horrible"
Bought a Lennox condensor (model lcs13dc-042) less than two months ago to replace the 20-year old Carrier unit that cooled my down strairs after it failed. As of today the Lennox condensor is broken. The 20-year old Carrier unit that cools the upstairs is still running. I had planned to replace that old Carrier condensor with a new, matching, Lennox condensor this coming spring...not so sure I'll do that now.

Date created: 2012-09-15 Name: Chris
Location: Spring TX

"5 ton ac unit"
Our compressor recently went out on our Lennox ac. The unit is 16 years old and was there when we bought our house. We have been satisfied with the unit so we were happy to replace the condenser and coil with new Lennox equipment.

Date created: 2012-09-13 Name: Lisa Tamayo
Location: Magnolia, TX

"Biggest Lemon"
This unit only lasted 4 years. My last one lasted 12-14 years, not sure of brand name. The Lennox parts warranty only covers some parts, not all. Labor went to 10+ hours & still didn't fix the problem. Would have been another 6-8 hours and cost over $1600 parts & labor. Ended up ordering a New Central Air unit. Read bad reviews on the "Goodman" but was recommended by tech. Paying the same amount for a new unit. But Lennox should have helped with the labor. Must have gotten a lemon....SORRY I never investigated before buying the lennox.

Date created: 2012-08-24 Name: John Heaphy
Location: Fort Myers, Fl

"These things are junk"
The installer/maintenance company told me it was "time to step up" to a real system like Ruud or Trane. This thing died in less than 6 years, 10 months after the warranty

Date created: 2012-08-20 Name: r reynolds
Location: tahlequah, ok

"NO FILTER FOR YOU!"
I like to maintain everything that I own myself. My Lennox units require a special filter sold locally only by Lennox. After years of purchasing filters at the Lennox parts store, they will no longer sell them to me because I am not a licensed hvac contractor. They suggest that I pay seventy dollars per filter thru one of their authorized hvac contractors or purchase them on line, after market for twenty five dollars. I wonder what would happen if a major auto maker required you to be a licensed mechanic to purchase an oil or air filter for the car you purchased from them?

Date created: 2012-08-17 Name: Richard Hickman
Location: Lenexa, KS

"Lennox XC-14 Air Conditioner"
This unit was installed two years ago. It's never worked right. The utility bill for electric is 40% higher than the old unit - It was 25 years old. It also doesn't remove the humidity from the air and has caused the carpeting to buckle in the house. Now the service company that installed the unit wants me to replace the low side service port condenser and fill it back up with freon. The unit is two years old!!!! Both Lennox and "Service Experts" of Overland Park, ks should be ashamed of themselves.

Date created: 2012-08-06 Name: Janet
Location: Toms River , New Jersey

"Lennox 16 Seer Compressor"
Our old Coleman condensor crapped out after 20 years of service. This central a/c system cooled our upper floor. The Lennox tech came out to service the old Coleman and recommended we change out the Coleman condenser with a high energy Lennox condenser. After said and done, we did not have a high efficency Lennox condenser compatible with the old Coleman air handler. WHY? We later found out that the old Coleman was not compatible with the new Lennox. Word of caution to anyone with Central A/C system over 15 years old crapping out. Whenever in doubt, Go to Amana Technical support when changing over Cental A/C. If not for our Amana tech we would not have known it was time to cash in and have a total change out with our entire system. We picked the new Amana ASX18 high efficency 18 Seer Air Conditioner with air handler in our home. Thanks Amana. Your have the honest and Best Techs.

Date created: 2012-08-04 Name: Ihab El-Zoghbi
Location: Brossard, Quebec, Canada

"XP-15-036 Lennox heat pump"
The worst product I have ever bought. It breaks down twice per year starting the first year of purchase. When I call for service "air fortier" company, they charge for everything they do. I do not understand what type of warranty it comes with. My advice is to never buy from Lennox products. Ihab

Date created: 2012-07-12 Name: Dr Frank Simo
Location: St Louis, MO

"Dave Lennox Signature Collection"
My understanding was this was the top of the Lennox line with only one model above it. Expensive. Yes, it is efficient, quiet and attractive. After owning it for only 1 1/2 years { I live in the midwest, so it only is in use when the temperature is above around 80 degrees: 6 months or less per year.} the fan goes out on the compressor on a 100 degree day. I was shocked to have a malfunction with this level of use. Couple this with the fact that the service tech buffoon replaced the new fan motor on my only {other} functioning unit and not the faulty one only added to the problem. This coupled with a $188 service charge! The motor was covered, not labor!! I know the service charge is not the fault of the manufacturer but it does reflect on the whole customer service/quality control issue, especially when repairs are flubbed up. High end products should have high end dealers and service. Except for this episode the units have worked as expected but they are still quite new. I would not expect this type of failure this early in a unit costing this much. For those shopping these, also look at Trane products and cross shop reliability and warranty service. Negotiate the service warranty!

Date created: 2012-07-06 Name: Bob Moulton
Location: Waukesha wi

"No AC again!"
In 2009 we replaced our old ac unit that was working but older. In 2010 the dealer replaced the outside part under warrantee. The unit was not working. Now in 2012 the outside unit is not working again. We never had a problem with the old unit. But this one... We use ac very little a few weeks a year.