Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-09-09 Name: e. Griffin
Location: Conyers, GA

"Expensive Service 2 Months After Warranty"
Quit cooling 2 months after warranty period. Needed a new fan motor and capacitor - $580. The Ruud unit it replaced had lasted 16 years with no problems. No more Lennox for me.

Date created: 2013-08-22 Name: Vikki Walton
Location: fl

"I Love My Lennox and Would Buy Again"
I purchased my unit 15 years ago and never had one problem. I change my filters every 3 months. I do maintain it 2X per year. Upon looking for an air conditioner, I had asked several AC repairmen and they all said that they cost more but last longer. I was surprised to see so many bad reviews.

Date created: 2013-08-08 Name: R. Ackerman
Location: So. Plainfield NJ

"Lemon AC System"
I replaced a 19 year old Whirlpool unit that was working and only needed a recharge once. I was sold on a Lennox brand because of their reputation. The unit is 6 years old. So far, I've had an electrical problem that required replacement parts, then the condenser fan motor burned out and now the coil needs to be replaced. The warranty on the coil was for only 5 years. The replacement cost is $1700.00. When Lennox was contacted, they advised there was nothing they could or would do since the warranty was up to five years. I will never recommend Lennox to anyone. They don't stand by their product and the quality of their product is horrible. They do a good job on marketing but are very poor when it comes to manufacturing and customer service.

Date created: 2013-07-03 Name: David Thompson
Location: Kansas City

"3 Ton Lennox"
I certainly don't like the fact that a name as big as Lennox makes claims of standing behind their unit and claiming they are built to last, then turn around not cover a 6 year old unit with a bad compressor. I just bought my 2 year old house equipped with a 2007 model Lennox 3 ton 5807C34239, so it must have started the warranty before the house was built. I called Lennox and the rep told me the warranty expired last year. They were sorry and informed me their units are built to last. That means absolutely nothing to someone with a burn up AC just outside a warranty. Now if you sympathize with a customer, try extending the warranty to show gratitude or at least acknowledge the fact that the customer got screwed by a less than par unit you manufactured and offer some type of incentive to get them into a new unit at a discount. That is standing behind your product. Not just counting the days until the warranty expires. This comes at a huge expense by me, the customer. I will always recommend to everyone to stay away from Lennox and you can bet your ass I'll never purchase one. I'll add that the unit had to have a running start from morning just to half way cool our home through the summer. You can blame the issue on any number of things, but it's a new house and the AC is dead after 6 years. I'll be adding a video to Youtube showing my complete review which will include a brief inside view of the duct work and unit itself. I checked with several contractors and manufacturers. I found no one who would recommend installing a Lennox. In fact, I was told by multiple HVAC pros in the area that they like Lennox for one reason. Lennox keeps them in business. After calling Lennox last, I heard exactly what I expected to hear. I decided to go with the Trane XB14 for price and a top rated installer held by the highest standards. Fingers are now crossed.

Date created: 2013-04-17 Name: B. T. Thompson
Location: Temple, TX

"Don't buy a Lennox!"
I have had 4 units/ compressors/ fan motors between my office and house and they all go bad for various reasons. None of the units lasted more than 6 years before serious problems. I will never install one of these again.

Date created: 2013-03-11 Name: Colleen sindenCollsinden
Location: Lilydale Victoria

"Always later in the day the cool air stops and it's hot air coming through"
My Lennox heating and cooling comfort series is new. It was put in November 2012 and from day one always in the afternoon hot air comes through. It's so bloody annoying On a 35 degree day. I had two people look at it and say they fixed it but it keeps doing it it cost me $13,000 dollars. I'm taking them to vcat I have had enough. Has anybody had trouble like me?

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: J. Simmons
Location: Denver, CO

Lennox is the most over-priced, over-hyped equipment on the market. Their units consistently have the highest failure rate among all brands. What they are good at is marketing.....they convince consumers that their product is "elite".....I've been a contractor for over 25 years and Lennox keeps my pockets lined with repair calls on their garbage products. Keep up the good work Lennox...HVAC Repair contractors love your products!

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Randall Dalton
Location: Kansas City

"Lennox POS"
We bought our Lennox 6 years ago and it has been a money pit. Replaced the compressor, thermostat, 2 controller boards, ignitor. Our old furnace was 18+ years old and worked flawlessly.

Date created: 2012-11-03 Name: E Brandlen
Location: Houston, TX

"Horrible"
Bought a Lennox condensor (model lcs13dc-042) less than two months ago to replace the 20-year old Carrier unit that cooled my down strairs after it failed. As of today the Lennox condensor is broken. The 20-year old Carrier unit that cools the upstairs is still running. I had planned to replace that old Carrier condensor with a new, matching, Lennox condensor this coming spring...not so sure I'll do that now.

Date created: 2012-09-15 Name: Chris
Location: Spring TX

"5 ton ac unit"
Our compressor recently went out on our Lennox ac. The unit is 16 years old and was there when we bought our house. We have been satisfied with the unit so we were happy to replace the condenser and coil with new Lennox equipment.