Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: Greg Mason
Location: Carnesville, GA

"Lennox poor quality"
A Lennox unit was installed by my builder in Jan 04 and within a year had to have a freon charge, the next year another charge was required. This year had a "surprise" another charge, then the outside unit cooling fan gave out. Not covered by Lennox. What a piece of crap. I am going to replace this nightmare and it will not be a Lennox.

Date created: 2008-08-29 Name: Larry
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"13 year old unit"
Compressor went out. Warranty is 10 years. Cost to fix over $2,000.00 Per service, best to get a replacement. Next one will not be a Lennox.

Date created: 2008-07-14 Name: Dave D
Location: South East Michigan

"LENNOX ELITE 10"
Worked ok had to have it serviced 3 times last time compressor shorted out... they have the 10 warranty worked out perfect......

Date created: 2008-06-20 Name: Bo

"Lennox not "elite""
5 yrs 6months old. hvac guys love Lennox because of the service calls. Bought "Elite". Coil leaks every where 6 months out of warranty, local guy thought we had a 10 year warranty not 5 years. Very unhappy, unit was loud , Lennox no help ,my 2nd unit is a Trane 14 years old still working great. Iím going to replace Lennox with a Trane or Goodman all cheaply made to be replaced every 8 years instead of 20. a/c guys are a rip off

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: P.L.

"29 years and still going in Oklahoma"
Bought our home new in 1979 and it came with the Lennox A/C and gas heat. We never had maintenance done, but did use the water hose to clean out leaves and dirt a few times over the years. We are not good at replacing filters, sometimes not replacing over the entire summer season, and we have indoor pets. After 15 years, we had a small leak which was repaired for very little cost. Since then, we've had Freon added a few times, and this year after a severe ice storm, we had to have a repairman out which cost around $260. Total cost on this unit hasn't reached $600 in 29 years! The furnace has never had any repair work done at all! However, we've begun looking for new A/C heating because we've heard how great and cost effective new units are. After reading the reviews, we'll stick with our old Lennox, even if our electric and heating bills are a bit higher than our neighbors with their new units. It will take some outrageous bills to equal the $8,000 average price they have paid for their new units only to have repair costs after a short time.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: David Elias
Location: Bethlehem, PA

"Lennox Central Air Unit"
We built a new home and the builder (Deluca Homes) installed a Lennox A/C unit. Our fist day of hot weather came so we turned the unit on and it failed to cool the house. The builder had a service tech come out an diagnose the problem. The compressor needed to be replaced! What kind of junk is Lennox pushing on people. Based on other reviews and this experience, I would advice anyone not to buy a Lennox unit. What a piece of junk.

Date created: 2008-06-06 Name: Cheryl

"Lennon Air Conditioner"
I am being nickelíd to death with the cost of replacement parts. First $500, then another $500 and now I am told I need to spend another $500 to repair the unit....all in less than a month. I should have just bought another system. I am very disappointed in the service and in the short time I have had the unit. I keep my thermostat high so it has not been overused.

Date created: 2006-09-06 Name: Craig
Location: Los Angeles, CA

With a warantee of five yars, my compressor died after only three years. So I am very disatisfied with the quality of the product, but the reason why I give them such a bad review is because I spent hours securing a replacement part--and shipping was not part of the warantee. Horrible customer service. Would not wish this experience on my enemies, a sad but true evaluation. If you look at the BBB website, you'll see many complaints against this company; I am not the only one. Don't buy anything from Lennox--and don't trust a HVAC contractor that promotes their product.