Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Dale Alan

"Lennox AC"
The unit has been pretty much trouble-free except for a circuit board replacement and a bad Lennox thermostat. The pan is now leaking into the emergency pan in the attic. Why would a company make an AC with a metal pan that would rot out? We live in a world of stainless steel and plastic or fiberglass. It is stupid and gives the technician a reason to replace the whole unit, with all kinds of bs reasons. Replace the pan, it is $300 for a small pan and you can't just slide it out. Labor, at least another $300. Of all the problems that would be easy to eliminate, this pan would be at the top of the list using materials that do not rust out. This is a true sign of a poor product by a poor company. It eliminates any good feeling for the 15 years of pretty good service. Will I buy another Lennox? No way! Lennox

Date created: 2009-10-08 Name: Ann Mitchell

"Conspiracy Theory ?????"
My outside a/c unit blew exactly 1 month and 1 week after warranty expiration of 5 years. Prior to this, it has had service for two other mishaps. I am terribly disappointed in this company. Often products far outlive their warranty period - not just 5 weeks later.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: R BOWER

"HOME OWNER IN HOT FL KEYS"
My unit is a dual stage compressor unit with electric coil heat. it is still working even though the outdoor compressor unit aluminum parts around the copper tubing has corroded almost into nothing [white powder], I guess lennox ac's were built better back in 1985. over 28 years I have replaced a "compressor interlock", an "evaporator fan motor" and several "fan belts", and 2 electric heater "contactors" relays. last year the low capacity compressor stopped working, but the hi capacity still cools my home [ac runs mid may to mid oct, 93 day hi temp 82 night lo temp]. I am a diy electrical tech and do repairs myself. I am now trying to figure out what is wrong with the electrical parts. I will post later my findings. after reading all the previous review I would use trane or goodman if I replaced this lennox top of the line unit.

Date created: 2009-08-17 Name: Norm

"2 year old Unit"
Turned the unit on this summer....no cold air. Had the company that installed the unit come in at a cost of $119 to tell me it wasn't working. They wanted $175 to test for coolant which they suspected there wasn't any. To replace the coolant, and the part (which was under warranty) they wanted $1000. This is after paying them $1500 2 years ago. I'm not putting another dime into this unit. I'm buying a Carrier. Had one for over 20 years and worked like a charm. Stay away from Lennox.....

Date created: 2009-08-14 Name: Lil Jackson

"Lennox Air Conditioner Dissatisfication"
Replaced my old air conditioning unit with a Lennox and thought I had made a good choice. Had a 5 year warranty included but 2 years later I need a new compressor and at a labor cost of $750.00. You would expect something that expensive to last more than 2 years.

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: Cindy

"Very satisfied"
Our house was built in 1990 and once the ac is turned on in early June, we don't turn it off until late Sept, so it's been getting alot of use for 19 years. We've had 3 service calls in 19 years time to top off the freon one of which was today. The Lennox furnace was replaced after 16 years and so far we've had no problems with the furnace. We are extremely satisfied but based on the reviews I've read, I question if the newer models will last as long.

Date created: 2009-08-08 Name: K. Ducharme

"Lennox =POOR QUALITY PRODUCT"
Like many others, I moved into a newly built home that had a Lennox ac. We have had the repair guy out here at 5 times within that year and 1 month after our warranty expired he tells us we need a new coil that will cost approximately $900.00. I would never recommend Lennox to anyone.

Date created: 2009-07-30 Name: Jerry Gladson

"Homeowner"
I have just received word that the compressor has failed in my 7-year- old Lennox Elite 11 unit! This unit has caused trouble ever since installation. At least 2-3 times per summer it breaks down. a/c people have told me that Lennox is not a quality unit; now I realize they are correct. I will never buy another Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: FC
Location: Summerlin, Las Vegas

"Class Action Lawsuit"
I live in Summerlin, Las Vegas, a very nice area. Every afternoon I walk the neighborhood and amazingly I hear the familiar loud sound of Lennox Ac's that were installed by the builder. At first I thought I was the only one who had had bad luck with the unit. As I talk to the other neighbors I find out that we are all in the same boat that Lennox has sailed. The house is 2 years old and we have spent days without cool air. Luckily I purchased home owner warranty when I bought the house against my wife's wish. Boy was I right. Fortunately so far the home warranty has paid for the repairs less $60.00 per visit. I am looking into interviewing lawyers regarding a class action lawsuit against Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-08 Name: Mrs James

"Not Satisfied"
It seems that from this site the old Lennox equipment works well, but the newer units not so much. I have been in my Townhome 2.5 years. It was new when I purchased. Last week my unit motor stopped working. When I called Lennox they said that it was under warranty for 5 years. So I called my air conditioning expert. He come out to look at what needed to be done. He told me that I needed to replace the motor. The problem with the warranty he said was that in our area a lot of the distributors do not like to help with honoring the Lennox parts because Lennox takes to long to refund based on the warranty. In fact I had to pay for the repairs and the new parts in full and I will get a reimbursement sometime after the Lennox company send the repair company the reimbursement. THis could be several weeks. I will never buy another house with a Lennox.