Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-05-29 Name: Raymn

"Great units but over priced"
Our Lenox ac and heater was installed in 1975 when our house was built. Great units but now replacing with Amana because of the price difference. Double is not always the best. If Lennox was comparable with other brands, we would not be switching.

Date created: 2010-05-28 Name: J. Gulecas

"Ours has been fine"
Our house has had a Lennox 10 seer unit for 15 years. No real problems until just lately (blown capacitor). Just getting old. Not too noisy. We are looking to replace with a new, more efficient unit.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: M. James

"I have been burned by Lennox"
I replaced the builder installed AC (it was undersized) with a top of the line Lennox unit 9 years ago and have nothing but problems every year. It needed additional freon every year, from 1st year on and now it is out and technician said it is a problem they don't normally see for the condenser coil almost never leaks. They are working up a price but he said "it's the worst thing to go wrong on a unit" Yes, it's out of warranty, but I am calling Lennox corporate office and won't get off the phone until I talk with someone in authority. I will share with them, if they don't take care of it. I will use my influence on a job that I started in a month that will have a big impact on their commercial sales.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: W. Trybulski
Location: Orlando

"Mr"
My house has had a Lennox Central air conditioning installation since 1985. It was a 5 ton heat pump with variable speed on both the blower and the outside heat pump. 5 years ago, I needed to replace the blower and recently the exterior heat pump. Ever since the new products were installed, there have been continous problems; compressor blow outs, oil in the refrigerant, lack of availablity of a two speed heat pump and lack of parts to keep the installation working. My original very satisfied opinion is now---NEVER Lennox -it's an unsupported product in Orlando with shoddy installers and service techs.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Steve Mitchell

"New home with Lennox 13 SEER"
Have paid for maintenance each year and have had no problems.

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: Carl Schmidt

"Very Unhappy"
I see that I'm not alone here. Wished I had researched Lennox before wasting my money. Like an idiot, I just trusted the Lennox name and believed the bs the dealer fed me. Same issues as others; coil leaks (twice), bad compressor, noisy operation. Total junk!

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: R. M. Hyllested

"Get it in writing"
Thought I had a deal with one of the Lennox people but they said that I misunderstood our phone conversation. They asked if I would be willing to agree to a certain deal and then said that no definite deal had been made. Will never deal with Lennox again because they are people who do not keep their word.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: Michael Derossett

"Compressor went out after 2.5 years! Buyer Beware!"
My air conditioner went out after 2.5 years and although the warranty covered the compressor, that's all you get and there is no support! I have tried repeatedly to speak to someone at the company, but they send me to voice mail and do not return calls. I will never buy any product from this company again! Buyer beware! They don't stand behind defective products!

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: A.P.

"lennox central ac"
Unit has never cooled correctly. Came with new house. Have already had compressor go out and all of my coolant replaced. Now, I have to pay 700 dollars in labor to replace compressor. Don't know whether to replace compressor or replace unit.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Doug W.

"Should rename Lennox "LEMON"!"
I see I'm not alone here with major issues regarding Lennox AC units. Must be a very common problem for the coils to leak after awhile then the unit quits cooling. Lennox is no help whatsoever. They sell a product they claim is "premiere" but is nothing more than junk and they do not cover the warranty for coils leaks or the labor to have it repaired. Buyer beware! If you want to keep poring your $$$ into a bottomless money pit, then go ahead and buy a Lennox. Just don't say that you weren't warned!