Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: Mr./Mrs. Durward Carter

"Elite#5807B07694,5807A15808"
Lennox Elite new full system bought 5/30/07 from Bullard A/C in Bullard, Texas. Found flat on freon 7/07 when called. New condensing unit installed in 2009 and now (today, 8/1/10 a new fan motor.) This unit was $6921.00 and we feel that none of our neighbors have had this type of problem with other units that were even less expensive. I have worked for a Lennox dealer and always stood by Lennox. I will not recommend this product, at the present time. This is not any better than some used units. We feel this was a complete lemon and we should be reimbursed for a portion) even though it is under warranty, except for labor!) Labor is expensive too! Bullard A/C has been very cooperative and could not be a better business operated service. Fortunately, we have an rv where we stayed in while unit was out. My husband just had open heart surgery and has had heart problems. We can not rely on this type of unit.

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: M. M.

"Buy another product!"
I have paid out over $1100 in repairs to my Lennox a/c unit. The first problem involved the a/c fan and then last month I needed to replace a shorted compressor. My a/c unit is only 4 years old. The $1100 was for labor as only the parts were covered under the warranty.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Pete M.

Complete junk. I have two of these and have to have them serviced every few months. Who cares about efficiency when you have to pay the repair man $200 4-6 times a year. Lennox = Lemon. Never again.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Hot in Houston

"XC17 A/C Compressor?"
An xc17 was installed on June 30, 2010. Within twenty minutes of starting, the compressor shut down due to overheating (It is enclosed in a metal shroud for noise suppresion.) The installers removed the shroud and hosed down the bare compressor and finally got it going. The shroud was reinstalled. On July 25, 2010, the compressor stopped again. Both inlet and outlet coolant lines are outside temperature (no cooling - no compressor) but the fan on the outside unit is running. I have a call into the installation company who has been reliable in the past. We shall see. Update will be available soon.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: Nick

"Wonderful proucts so quiet"
My house was built in 1990 and was installed with 2 Lennox 5 ton ac units and have worked great ever since but one failed last week but I really can't complain because it lasted for so long. Also, don't listen to the majority of these reviews because most of the people reviewing here just because they are mad that their piece of equipment failed. Not many people think about their ac if it has been working properly for many years and will not do any research on it. Take it from my experience and my family experience. They have never given us any problems. All together, my family has about 21 Lennox's. Also, if you need a really quiet ac, Lennox is the way to go. All you can hear is the fan, not that loud buzzing noise like you hear from other brands if it's under your windows etc.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: Ann Lilly

"poor quality equipment"
Our unit was installed by Drees Homes, our builder, in May of 2006. The compressor just went out after only four years of use! The worst part is that our model has been discontinued, and the replacement will take three weeks to manufacture. It's 100 degrees outside! Warranty will cover the parts, but it will cost us $1400.00 to install and for coolant. We bought a "new" house to avoid surprises. Wouldn't recommend a Lennox!

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: C. Ganczarz

"read reviews"
I am so glad I read the reviews. I will not be purchasing one now. Reviews on older units are very good. New ones? Wow, I haven't seen a product with that many negative responses. I wonder if the newer products are made in China.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Thingsrcrazy

"ms"
We too had the problem when the a/c kicked on it, smelled like old gym lockers. Was told the problem was the a/c unit we put was much larger than the old one, so we did not have a large enough air return. We put in another one on the ceiling in another part of our home. Problem fixed.

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: Judith N. Erickson

"Wet socks odor"
My central air is only 15 months old and every time it kicks on it smells like old wet gym socks. My installer says the only way to 'get rid' of the odor is purchase a $400 uv light to keep the condensation off the coils. Give me a break!!! What kind of system doesn't allow for air circulation????? Try to get hold of the Lennox company for help!! Oh, and my warranty does NOT cover this problem!!!

Date created: 2010-07-04 Name: H. Pohl
Location: Quebec

"Lennox AC & heat pump"
I bought a Lennox AC & heat pump last year and the AC quit after the first week. Since then, I had it break-down 3 times in 12 months. The repair service is slow and difficult to get a technician to show up. Had I known what a piece of crap this product was, I would have bought a Carrier or Amana. Sweltering in Quebec.