Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-09-06 Name: Jason
Location: Lewisville, tx

"Poor quality"
My home is three years old. Had to replace my 3 ton unit under warranty last year. Now my four ton unit just went out. Repairs to the units every year. Lennox quality control is very poor. If Drees Custom homes builds your house in dallas, insist on a different brand. The sub out to frymire.

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: christine
Location: houston tx

"Lennox air condition systems"
We had 2 Lennox A/C. The first one had problem on the third year (mother board was broken). Now on the fourth year, the second A/C also gave us problem. We are waiting to be fixed. The labor and the part are jacked up on Lennox; we have to pay $425 for the mother board while it costs under $100 on the internet!

Date created: 2010-08-21 Name: Chris Horsefield
Location: Missouri

"Lennox 6 years new"
Lennox is horrible. The fan motor and compressor went out right after the warranty. What a waste of money.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: M

"Poor construction"
Newer units are poorly constructed, builder installed three units at my residence, home is only a few years old and I've had two fans motors go out, two of the systems needed recharging last year and this year the third unit went out, estimates to repair it are $3,000+. I'm going to go with either Trane or American Standard. I've never sen such a poorly constructed unit, seems like their is always a repair technician in our neighborhood. Funny thing is when i did the home's walk through the builder rep noted they use to install Carrier, but switched to a different installer that installs Lennox, this should tell you something about Lennox, Lennox is not the same company they were 20 years ago, do yourself a favor and find a reputable dealer and go with another manufacture.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: K. C.

"Bad install from Lennox dealer"
Our Lennox is only 3 years old and every summer we have had trouble with it. Everything has been replaced and still not working. I gave up calling our Lennox dealer and called another company to check it out and wow it had been installed all wrong, even the heating system is not vented right and gas fumes were coming back into the house. Seems like the Lennox dealers dont know how to install or repair their own units. So now we are out more money to have it fixed right. 7000.00 unit and this is what we get for it.

Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: R. Leonard

"Don't Buy Lennox A/C"
We put an addition on our house and a Lennox unit was put in. The compressor on it just broke and it's only 5 1/2 years old. Of course it's just 6 months out of warranty. This broken unit sits next to our 25 year old Trane unit which is still running like a charm. Don't by Lennox! I waited 1/2 hour on the phone to talk to someone in there consumer affairs department and they were of no help. Buy Trane.

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: R. Martin

"Poor Performance - Lennox A/c"
I see that many consumers are having the same types of problems that we have encountered. Faulty valve, bad compressor, fan motor - all replaced on a unit that is just 2 yrs old - $2000 out of pocket expense. Lennox Quality Control is non-existent. Does anyone know what you have to do to get the Consumer Agency to review these units? While not hazardous to my health, (although it was 103 yesterday) to me it just looks like too many of the same issues.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Jean

"Love our Lennox"
We installed our new Lennox xc-17 last summer to replace a 20 year old beast. It has been quiet, saved us considerable amounts of money and has given us no problems. I would guess that most of the complaints on here are improper installation not equipment issues. I don't know if I can name names, but Zack, the local Lennox dealer knows his stuff!

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: Mr./Mrs. Durward Carter

"Elite#5807B07694,5807A15808"
Lennox Elite new full system bought 5/30/07 from Bullard A/C in Bullard, Texas. Found flat on freon 7/07 when called. New condensing unit installed in 2009 and now (today, 8/1/10 a new fan motor.) This unit was $6921.00 and we feel that none of our neighbors have had this type of problem with other units that were even less expensive. I have worked for a Lennox dealer and always stood by Lennox. I will not recommend this product, at the present time. This is not any better than some used units. We feel this was a complete lemon and we should be reimbursed for a portion) even though it is under warranty, except for labor!) Labor is expensive too! Bullard A/C has been very cooperative and could not be a better business operated service. Fortunately, we have an rv where we stayed in while unit was out. My husband just had open heart surgery and has had heart problems. We can not rely on this type of unit.

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: M. M.

"Buy another product!"
I have paid out over $1100 in repairs to my Lennox a/c unit. The first problem involved the a/c fan and then last month I needed to replace a shorted compressor. My a/c unit is only 4 years old. The $1100 was for labor as only the parts were covered under the warranty.