Consumer Reviews of JANITROL central air conditioners

Read more about JANITROL central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-25 Name: Jay Clow
Location: Chesterfield, VA

"UNK"
Have owned the Janitrol central A/C units (upstairs and down) for just under two years and have had four service calls. All four have been to recharge the unit - it kept leaking freon and three different A/C repair companies couldn't find the leak. Finally, $260 later (labor costs), the leak was discovered to be the result of faulty factory braising at the condenser/discharge line junction. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2008-05-23 Name: Bill Hindi
Location: Millbrook, AL

"janitrol ac"
Biggest piece of junk ever. Was installed new in my house in 1996. The longest it has gone without needing work is about 5 months, compressor replaced after five years, constant service calls to keep biggest of junk somewhat running. Today found out it needs yet another compressor but advised to change the entire heat pump at the bargain price of $4000.00. Do not ever buy something with the word Janitrol on it. There is a reason you can't find Janitrol on the web, they are ashamed of their biggest piece of junk!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-04-22 Name: S. Bourgeois
Location: Denver, Colorado

The compressor went bad on my unit in about six years. I live in Denver, CO so I didn't even have to use the unit very much in a year's time.

Date created: 2008-04-22 Name: M.C.

It is interesting to her about these reviews that are so poor, I've had a Janitrol heating and air conditioning units put in on a recommendation and have had great success with both, no problems in at least 8 years.

Date created: 2008-03-19 Name: D. Sutton
Location: Clearwater, Florida

After 17 years, we are finally having to replace our Janitrol. Excellent service for all those years. Have not serviced it in the last 4 years (I forgot since I never had any problems with it).

Date created: 2008-03-17 Name: J. Lunsford
Location: Texas

I would not recommend this unit. The first one had to be replaced in just under 2 years of installation. It was under warranty, but I had to pay the $300 installation fee. The second one lasted from May 2003 until August 2007. We are already having to replace the fan motor on this unit. Even though it is under warranty we have to pay the installation fee again. Do not buy this product

Date created: 2007-09-07 Name: a.wiley
Location: chesterfield,va

Ive had my janitol ac system installed in a new less then 2 years ago and only to find out I have a bad compressor for this unit. I would have thought that this unit would have a service repair plan that came with the 5 year replacement parts for this item. Who would ever think of having to pay for someone to reinstall an item from having faulty equipment.

Date created: 2007-07-15 Name: E. Cole
Location: Ogden, Utah

I have had nothing but problems with this product since the day it was installed. The money I have spent on repairs I could have a bought a huge system. I am in the process of putting in a different system and will never look at Janitrol again.

Date created: 2007-07-13 Name: Joe Schmidt
Location: Minneapolis MN

We recieved one of these from a seller's homewarranty. Junk. Junk. Junk. In six years, four service calls on the fan and finally catastrophic compressor failure. The home warranty had a $350 deductable and the warranty did not cover the labor after 90 days. $100 for three visits. We wanted to upgrade from this off-brand but the warranty did not allow it. $650 later, we should have just said forget it.

Date created: 2006-07-19 Years owned: 5

Janitrol AC Model #CK49 1B died in less than 5 years and I can't get warranty assistance.