Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of JANITROL central air conditioners

Read more about JANITROL central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: Barbara Thomas

"AC/Heat Pump"
4 yrs old and a pc of crap! Can anyone give me a contact number for the manufacturer? Bthomas39@verizon.net

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: BJ

"Don't Buy!!"
We were told in 2003 that a 13 Seer system was put in. System has had freon added 4-5 times so far and we were told last month that our unit is nearly the end of it's life! We found out the system was just a 10 Seer (of course, it's not on the paperwork!) Schmitt ac in Hudson Florida are scammers!

Date created: 2010-07-10 Name: Rodney Jones

"verry lettle maintance"
It has held up well.

Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: Gary Sneide

"Good service!"
I put this 2-ton, 13 seer unit in 12 years ago after buying a fixer- upper home. I chose Janitrol/Goodman for its low cost, as the house needed many costly repairs. I have had just one maintenance call in all that time. Hasn't leaked any freon. For those who have had problems with Janitrol/Goodman, your problems most likely are due to poor system design, incorrect installation practices, or lack of proper maintenance.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: R. Bowman
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

"Janitrol AC 23 years old still running"
I actually bought this house 10 years ago. The Janitrol Central Air unit was installed for original owners in May 1987. It cools just as well as the day it was made. Once and a while it fails to shut off when thermostat reaches pre set temp, and it keeps on cooling. I've had it lower house temp to 61 once when it was 88 outside. To my knowledge, it has never needed repairs, although I should have this issue of not shutting off checked. We have plenty of 90 plus humid days most summers here in southern Ontario, Canada.

Date created: 2009-08-18 Name: C. Normand
Location: Alabama

"Installing for 28 years, No Problems"
As a contractor in hvac in Alabama, I wanted to own what I installed. I installed a Janitrol 28 years ago and it ran no problem for 12 years before I ever did anything to it. I had to replace a capacitor due to lightning strike. 8 years after that, I finally replaced the whole unit which was still running. I wanted to upgrade to a higher efficiency unit. I went with Janitrol of course. Most problems people have with any unit is due to the installer, not the equipment. Janitrol still has the best warranty in the business.

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"janitrol has had peoblems"
I am doing this for my neighbor,he has a Janitrol 4 ton outdoor unit,that has problems,first off the A-Coil leaks freon,(R-22)2nd the compressor is failing,it Still hasent kicked the can yet,but it will.

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: Kevin Sowers

"Basic unit, not good not bad"
I have 3.5 ton unit on house that was 5 yrs old when I purchased it, and I have had it 7 years now. Found leaks at service valves, condenser fan motor failed at year 3, so I replaced it (myself) for $123. Compressor run capacitor blew at year 5, and I changed it (myself) for $12. Discovered a 50uF 370v capacitor works better than original 40uf 440v did. Reduced my amp draw almost 6 amps!! Unit started developing high head press, and I drilled out expansion valve orifice. Works better than ever!

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: D. Chavez

"NOT HAPPY"
My "Janitrol" doesn't seem to keep up. It runs all day and half of the night.

Date created: 2009-07-14 Name: Arleen Diaz

"Home Owner"
Janitrol is a piece of junk. I am so disappointed in thier product and thier customer service. The compressor on my unit went after only 6 years. Mind you that I maintain the unit I have to coils cleaned and I replace the filter once a month. I keep the outside unit clean and free of debris. It made no difference. I would not recommend Jannitorl or Goodman to anyone. Stick with the companies that you know. I was talked into this by the ac guy that installed and I regret it. junk junk junk!!!