Consumer Reviews of INTERTHERM central air conditioners

Read more about INTERTHERM central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-20 Name: B. Ziz

"Still going-17 years"
We're having our first problems with our 2 Intertherm units, after 17 years in our home. We need to replace with heat pumps and are trying to decide what brand to use. Our units are now leaking and our repairman is surprised that our units have lasted so long. He said they usually don't last past 10-12 years.

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: D. Harlow

"Intertherm AC Unit"
This is the worst unit known to man. I have not even lived in my home for 4 years, and every year I have had an issue with this unit. Twice it's lost its freon. Just August of 2009, the compressor died! It took 6 weeks to get it fixed as Residential Technical Services-Group Owner Bob Reeser is the worst service group ever- Clayton Home buyer beware! Get it all in writing on this crappy unit and crappy service group!

Date created: 2010-04-28 Name: E. Parker

"Evap coil of A/C unit"
In Dec. 2006, I purchased this unit (model#Q3RD036K; serial# q3f060901943) for my home. Florida Home A/C installed it. As it has been 4 years since the purchase, I have had issues with the unit losing freon. I recently found that there were several leaks in the evap coil. I had hoped that once I purchased this unit for my home, that I would have a great long time before having to deal with any future problems, as I had with the previous unit that came with my mobile home. Now, I am looking at having to replace the bad coil, and after paying over $3900 for the installation and maintenance, and freon (up to 3lbs at one time of loss). I now have to put out close to $700 more dollars for the work to remove and replace this faulty piece. I would like to make it known that if there is a problem with this particular product, other people need to know. I am submitting this review as my complaint for this unit.

Date created: 2010-04-15 Name: S. Lawson

"intertherm units"
I have owned an Intertherm unit for 1 1/2 years and it is a piece of crap. The warranty sucks and the only dealer in town that deals with this unit is rude.