Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-09-19 Name: Diana Castro
Location: KILLEEN,TEXAS

"THE BEST"
i HAVE HAD THIS AC FOR 16 YEARS NOW IT HASN'T GAVE ME ANY KINDS OF PROBLEMS...

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: Richard
Location: Fresno, CA

"18 years wit a few problems"
In 1992 I purchased a split unit with a 4 ton scroll compressor condensor with a 5 ton evaporator coil. 12 SEER The heater blower portion was a very early model of an appx 90,000 btu down draft heater that exhausted with PVC pipe. As the compressor condensor was being installed, it was detected that the main suction copper tube from the compressor to the valve on the outside of the unit had a foot long crack in it. It took about 3 months for Heil to make up and supply us with a new tube. Thankfully it was in the winter so the unit was not in use. This crack also caused a leak of R-22 refrigerant into the atmosphere. Since 1992 the condensor coils have been cleaned once or twice a year and there have not been any problems with the unit. Several weeks ago we noticed that the unit was having problems starting the compressor and a repairman installed a secondary capaciator to help with starting problems. It did not help the problem. In getting estimates for repair, we discovered that the factory compressor was not 4 ton, but was only 3 1/2 ton. We do not know if this impacted its performance or service life, but a 4 ton unit should have a 4 ton compressor. As far as the heating unit, the fan limit switch has had to be replaced about every two years. Since I can do this job myself, I have been purchasing them in bulk over the internet, but now that they are about $60 each, this does add to the yearly cost and is an inconvenience. When the switch goes out, the fan stays on for a long time after the heater quits burning natural gas.

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: Charles Licastri
Location: Holmdel, NJ

"Heil 4-ton 14 seer condenser motor"
This unit has been in for 10 days and the motor went. They will not replace the whole unit and the motor will not be in for 4 days. What woudl you do?

Date created: 2010-08-15 Name: Wayne D

"Compressor went in 9 years"
Compressor went in 9 years and has a 10 year warrantee, however since it runs on freon, my repairman is having trouble locating one. It seems Heil isn't storing these compressors. If I cannot find one, I have to have another central Air installed and I'm told that in order for it to work properly, I need a new furnace too for a total of 6000. I live in two rowhomes and I have a WeatherKing installed in 1989 and compressor is still going strong. I just got a leak, but it is 21 years old. Not a happy camper

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: Beth M.
Location: South

"Loyal Service for 10 Years"
We bought our home new in 2000 with the builder having installed the Heil unit. The compressor just went out and we are now having to replace it. Living in the south, we have given this unit a good work out. It has been in the 90's to 100's for most of the summer of '10. We have had nothing replaced on this unit until now. I wish it had lasted a little longer, but I have been very satisfied for 10 years.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: C. Hull

"Always some type of problem"
We had two Heil a/c units installed in our new body shop building in 3/2006. To date, we have spent $827 for service calls on our "under warranty" units. In 8/09, we had to have a compressor replaced. The part was under warranty but the labor cost $440. So far, this summer, we've had the capacitor replaced in one unit a month ago. Now, the other unit is not working & I haven't got the diagnosis yet. All I know is there will be no more Heil for us!

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: A. Flynn

"Piece of CRAP"
Bought home brand new. Every year since, we have had to have something replaced. We have owned the home 10 yrs and this summer alone 2 service calls within one month. I will never own another one.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: John R. DeBlasio

"best a. c. ever"
Have had Heil AC for 25 yrs. Had our first problem this wk when repair person came out. He could not believe we have had this AC for that long. Problem was with the breaker switch in garage, not the system. His comment was we should get a few more yrs out of the system. Will definitely buy your product again.

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: Dawn Corcino

"JUNK"
My house is less than 3 years old and had one service call in the first year as unit would not work. Less than 2 years later, it will not turn on at all. This came with the house...I know what brand I will not use to replace the unit.... Heil

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Melinda Brown

"Absolutely JUNK"
I bought a vacation home that has a Heil central a/c unit installed about 8 years ago. The unit has never worked properly. Out of the 5 years I've owned the house, I have only had 1 summer where I haven't had issues. I've replaced the compressor (under warranty) once, the fan motor twice, and other assorted parts. I am not installing a brand new unit and it will not be Heil. I've never owned such a piece of junk in my life as a homeowner......absolutely junk. Let the buyer beware....do not buy this product.