Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: Charles Licastri
Location: Holmdel, NJ

"Heil 4-ton 14 seer condenser motor"
This unit has been in for 10 days and the motor went. They will not replace the whole unit and the motor will not be in for 4 days. What woudl you do?

Date created: 2010-08-15 Name: Wayne D

"Compressor went in 9 years"
Compressor went in 9 years and has a 10 year warrantee, however since it runs on freon, my repairman is having trouble locating one. It seems Heil isn't storing these compressors. If I cannot find one, I have to have another central Air installed and I'm told that in order for it to work properly, I need a new furnace too for a total of 6000. I live in two rowhomes and I have a WeatherKing installed in 1989 and compressor is still going strong. I just got a leak, but it is 21 years old. Not a happy camper

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: Beth M.
Location: South

"Loyal Service for 10 Years"
We bought our home new in 2000 with the builder having installed the Heil unit. The compressor just went out and we are now having to replace it. Living in the south, we have given this unit a good work out. It has been in the 90's to 100's for most of the summer of '10. We have had nothing replaced on this unit until now. I wish it had lasted a little longer, but I have been very satisfied for 10 years.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: C. Hull

"Always some type of problem"
We had two Heil a/c units installed in our new body shop building in 3/2006. To date, we have spent $827 for service calls on our "under warranty" units. In 8/09, we had to have a compressor replaced. The part was under warranty but the labor cost $440. So far, this summer, we've had the capacitor replaced in one unit a month ago. Now, the other unit is not working & I haven't got the diagnosis yet. All I know is there will be no more Heil for us!

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: A. Flynn

"Piece of CRAP"
Bought home brand new. Every year since, we have had to have something replaced. We have owned the home 10 yrs and this summer alone 2 service calls within one month. I will never own another one.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: John R. DeBlasio

"best a. c. ever"
Have had Heil AC for 25 yrs. Had our first problem this wk when repair person came out. He could not believe we have had this AC for that long. Problem was with the breaker switch in garage, not the system. His comment was we should get a few more yrs out of the system. Will definitely buy your product again.

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: Dawn Corcino

"JUNK"
My house is less than 3 years old and had one service call in the first year as unit would not work. Less than 2 years later, it will not turn on at all. This came with the house...I know what brand I will not use to replace the unit.... Heil

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Melinda Brown

"Absolutely JUNK"
I bought a vacation home that has a Heil central a/c unit installed about 8 years ago. The unit has never worked properly. Out of the 5 years I've owned the house, I have only had 1 summer where I haven't had issues. I've replaced the compressor (under warranty) once, the fan motor twice, and other assorted parts. I am not installing a brand new unit and it will not be Heil. I've never owned such a piece of junk in my life as a homeowner......absolutely junk. Let the buyer beware....do not buy this product.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Julie G.

"Cool & Happy. Fix, Don't Replace!"
I appreciate this site and the people who have shared their experiences. I don't know if newer models are as good as my Heil 2.5 ton CA5030QKB a/c which worked fine for 18 years. The only service calls were year 1 & 2 because of freon leakage and loose insulation (which thanks to your postings, I know was an installation problem not with the Heil). Being a woman, I feel more vulnerable to be taken advantage of. I was worried if I called someone who sells new ones they would say mine couldn't be fixed or that it would cost way too much. So, I called the local tech school and left a message for the hvac instructor to refer me to someone trustworthy. He called back and gave me four places. I chose Foremen Heating & Ventilating in Green Bay. When I talked to the owner, Dennis, he assured me that usually A/Cs can be fixed. a serviceman was at my house in less than an hour and in one hour he had it fixed! It turned out that mice had made a nest in the control box and chewed up some of the wires, which he said happens often. He spliced the bad wires and replaced a control box they had ruined and the Heil started up right away!! Also a good place to check out a company is The Better Business Bureau website. Foremen was rated a+ ! Good luck and stay cool.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: Karen Roberts

"Heil Sucks"
My home came with a Heil unit. I know now they must be bottom of the heap. Air quit working, so I called a tech. Tech put the fan in too tight and it cracked the lid on the outside unit. Since Heil didn't make my unit "long enough for them to break", I can't get the part and must replace the whole unit. I won't be buying from Heil, for sure.