Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-01-26 Name: B Donovan
Location: Austin, TX

"13 years and never a problem"
I bought a new house in 1999 with a Goodman a/c and Furnace. Not one issue in 13 years. I did service on it twice in 13 years (just thought I should). The tech looked at me both times and said "Nothing for me todo". No freon charges, no electrical issues, no blower issues... nothing. If you like drama and excitement in your life..don't buy this unit. It is boring...It just work

Date created: 2013-01-21 Name: Fred Phelps
Location: Boone

"Beware of Goodman and the shills writing positive reviews."
Here's reality, Goodman is typically sold online by companies who spam millions of ads on CraigsList and other boards. I can not find a single company in Iowa that recommends them, and only one will agree to install one, with the understanding that the company is 100% liable for all warranty issues. Seriously, who in there right mind would buy anything from a spammer, they already proved they have no ethics or integrity.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: Audrey
Location: Morgantown, PA

"UGH, 5 yrs old and already expensive repairs"
We had a new $6,500 unit installed 5 years ago. Last year we had to have a new compressor $2,400 installed....we were told that the wires were fried and it was due to a power surge after a storm knocked out the electrical. Not even a year later we had to have a "fix" for it b/c it completely stoped working in August. Since, our bills have been through the roof and in winter months our house if freezing, heater is running non-stop but house if not warming up. We went with a different installer and we were just informed that the Goodman Compressor was installed with an American Standard unit (it's like putting a Ford Motor into a Chevy car with other Chevy parts). He said it will be thousands again to get it fixed and told us to question why they ever installed a Goodman b/c they are nothing but problems. ugh!!!

Date created: 2012-12-13 Name: Steve

"contractor comment"
I'm an a/c contractor that has been installing Goodman equipment for 10 years. This is good quality equipment and I would say that all units break down but by some of the reviews that I'm reading here it sounds like the customers are being lied to about the real problems. Find a quality company that stands behind there work.

Date created: 2012-11-14 Name: patrick
Location: California

"Issues"
The furnace itself may work fine and turn out to be okay, but there are some serious issues with installation due to the design. The unit has an external condensate trap that hangs down 5" below the unit. This creates some issues with horizontal installations. You can't lay the unit down, it has to be suspended in some manner. Additionally you have to install a drain pan, but the trap gets in the way of doing so. It can all be worked- out but it wasn't very easy. Quality of the parts seems kind of flimsy but time will tell if they are critical components. The supply air flanges are poorly perforated for bending and one side broke off without much resistance. If I had known all this, I wouldn't have bought it.

Date created: 2012-10-09 Name: J Moser
Location: Florida

"Do not buy a Goodman"
Have a 15 seer that is less than three years old, repair man has been here four times, three times in the last two weeks, this time it will be almost a thousand dollars to repair. Last winter the heat went out and two weeks ago the blower and capacitor, now the reversing valve. This system is awful. Corporate doesn't seem to care either!! Stay away from Goodman!!!! We live in Florida and must have air.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: BN Sanneman
Location: Naples, FL

"Poor Condensate Capture"
From new - condensate not captured by drain system - leaks into ah cabinet and into secondary pan. Installer has attempted numerous internal mods without success, all at his expense. Goodman rep visited and could not fault installation or offer a remedy. Installer will replace entire system with another brand at his expense as Goodman has denied replacement/correction under warranty.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: E. Bejarano
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

"Add me to the lawsuit"
My unit was installed 10 months ago. In the last 2 months, the ac guy has come over 6 times. I am waiting for him to come over right now. I called the manufacturer to complain about the unit and they told me to buy an extended warranty. This company has no pride in its product and won't stand behind it. I will tell everyone about my experience and I ask them to tell everyone they know to not buy a Goodman ac.

Date created: 2012-09-27 Name: kevin
Location: tx

"Beware of builders!"
We bought a new home in 06 and it has a Goodman 2 1/2 ton unit on the home. This is a 1,500 sq ft house in Texas where the temp can hit 108 degrees. Just found out that it needs a bigger unit. Carriers rule of thumb is 400sq ft per ton so I should a 4 ton unit. I would say its the builders fault a lot of the times and try to save money by installing a smaller unit which cost them less but you thousands. When we first moved in the ac worked great and really have had no problems with unit just now 6 years later. The unit has worked so hard to cool the house it can't keep up to keep my house cool. If my builder would have done the right thing and put the right ac on my house it probably would've lasted longer. I agree with the techs that say it depends on who installs your unit or lets say who builds your house. Beware of home builders they will rip you off and you don't even think about it until its to late and your warranty is up.

Date created: 2012-09-22 Name: A Adams

"JUNK"
Breaks or leaks every other month

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>