Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-11-03 Name: Ken Boudreau Sr
Location: Florida

"Waste of money"
I had the air handler installed on 12/23/2005. I replaced a 14 year old unit with this goodman. I have replaced the evaporator coil (TWICE)in the for years and the txv valve once. They warrantee the parts but not the labor. The labor on these replacement parts totaled $675.00, not counting the inconvenience of being without air conditioning, in Florida, while waiting for the parts on the second installation. I wrong to the company for a reinburstment of the labor cost and sent me a letter outlining the warrantee of 5 years parts. What happened to quality?

Date created: 2009-09-29 Name: Ed Burks
Location: Texas

"So far so good"
Installed a matched 3-ton 14 seer r22 Goodman compressor and coil this spring. Everything working great so far. I replaced a 10-seer Bryant, and my electric bills have dropped over $100/mo during the Texas summer. The Goodman is very quiet compared to the Bryant. Good equipment cannot survive a bad install. The installer I used uses silver solder, no flux, and properly purges and charges the system. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the negative Gooodman reviews wouldn't be there if their installer followed those three simple rules.

Date created: 2009-09-06 Name: ejpro

"Leaking Freon"
This is the second time inn 6 years the upstairs 2 1/2 ton Goodman has failed for leaks. First floor 3 ton only leaked once! Both in the evaporate coils. Of the 75 houses in our neighborhood all with Goodman units 10 have failed in the first 3 years!

Date created: 2009-09-04 Name: JR
Location: Florida

I have a 3 1/2 ton Goodman air handler placed in new construction 1/04. After two years I had to replace the evaporator coil, which, thankfully, was under warranty. Well, the warranty ran out in 1/09. I had it replenished with freon 2 months ago and now I am without cool air once again. The air handler needs replaced, but as one knows, you should replace the compressor at the same time; particularly because the specs are changing in 2010. I am dumbfounded that an ac unit would not last longer than 5 years. I have neighbors with the same issues. The unit hangs horizontal in the garage. I live in Florida. I don't know if this contributes to the problems.

Date created: 2009-08-22 Name: R.F.Jarrell

"big waste of $2500.00"
After three years three service call one to adjust the gas pressure.two for gassing up.now two weeks later,after $600.00 needs more gas.biggest piece of shit ever bought. going to lawery monday.8-22-09

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: Doug

"2 Year Old Leaker"
Just finished paying off our home loan on $6000 2 year old unitunit. Also just paid 130 to have our feon leaking Goodman recharged.

Date created: 2009-08-19 Name: Doug Jester

"Goodman Coil Leaks 1 Year Old"
1 1/2 years I just paid Williamson to charge my leaking Goodman after paying 6000 for it. Sucks

Date created: 2009-08-19 Name: mike garone

"Fan vibrates may cause motor failure??"
Fan vibrates may cause motor to fail...

Date created: 2009-08-16 Name: Jill

"Goodman Central air unit"
I owned a Goodman Central Air conditioner for 16 years. I would run it for about 5 months out of the year.I Have never had any problems with it. I now need to replace it and I will buy another Goodman! I extremely satisfied.

Date created: 2009-08-14 Name: B.G.

"Not Sure what to think yet"
Just moved into a new house and the ac is plowing through electricity like its going out of style. 5 days of use on a 13 seer unit and $100 later I called the install company to come out and take a look. There is no reasonable explanantion other than bad install for this level of usage. All the boards I have read and experts I have spoken to say that this system should be using half the electricty it is using at worst. I hope the issue is resolved soon, the home is 1 month old and I am not looking forward to a $500+ electric bill. Just in case you are wondering, I unplugged all unnecessary appliances and turned everything else off in the house and then turned on one of the two ac units and watched the meter spin away at a pace of 10+ kW/h, this is not normal.