Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-12 Name: Jim

"Goodman Quality???"
I have a 3.5 Ton Goodman heat pump. I believe it was chosen by the previous owner because it was less expensive. The system is less than 2 years old. I have owned the house for 11 months. So far, I have had 5 service calls on the outside unit. Now, the compressor is out. Seems the unit was made in 5/05, installed 8/08 but in service for less than 2 years. They say if it is installed correctly they will last, guess mine was not installed right. Going to have a complete new system installed. Will cost me plenty, but 5 service calls in 11 months. I can not deal with this anymore. I will NOT be installing anything made by Goodman. Probably a good system, but you will probably get a poor install, thus poor results.

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: Mike D.
Location: Florida

"Goodman a/c unit; garbage"
Had this unit for 3 1/2 yrs. and then it started. No heat in a very cold (low thirties in Florida. Tech found a wiring problem that made hot and cold air blow at the same time. The next day, the air handler blower motor went bad and had it replaced. Two months later, no cool air, no freon and had the compressor replaced.($500.00 labor) Now a month later, the A/C unit won't turn off causing the compressor to run constantly. Not satisfied with this unit. Can't rely on it to work as it should. Sales person told me it was the unit of choice for the money. Will never buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: Tom Mgerack

"Wow could I have made a worse decision"
Totally poor quality. I went cheap and chose this over the Bryant system due to price. My neighbor went with Bryant. Huge quality difference. Overall, not good at all, and dealer network is laughable. 10 years of warranty parts but who will accept them, not the distributor. My condenser is louder. My air handler is louder and has less oar volume. Worst cheep mistake I have made in 11 months. 4 failures and I am so disillusioned. My neighbor is constantly rubbing my nose in it.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: C. Estess

"Could be better...."
I had a gpg13481151ab package unit installed 10-2008. Summer of 2009, a/c unit started freezing up. Installer came out and found small leak and recharged unit. The condenser fan was vibrating badly, so I asked what could be done. He stated there was an updated blade available under warranty, so I asked to get me one and I would install it. He refused, saying he made a living on service calls so he would have to install it. Guess the $3600.00 we paid for unit. 1 year ago did not register with him. I installed new fan blade 7-2010 with new one, and it still sounds like an airplane prop during run-up. Not too happy with unit nor the installer/service man.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: N. Trent Jr.
Location: TX

"Goodman Not GOOD"
I am very disappointed with this Goodman 5ton heat/AC, 14.35 seer pump system that I had a contractor installed in my new home in TX, May 09. Not even 6 month later, a compressor relay had burned close causing my compressor to constantly run for 24hr for three weeks straight. This was covered under the installers labor/warranty, except my electric bill. It doubled ($650.00). Just this week Jul 2010, just over a year after installing, an elbow inside (next to the compressor) cracked & lost all freon and after that repair was completed. A blower motor was replaced for reason, and it was cycling up & down not keeping blower at a constant speed. I couldn't keep ac temp set at 75 or below. There is a 10 year inside & outside warranty for the unit parts from my installers, but labor cost & who’s will falls on the sword and pays? I wouldn’t suggest anyone to buy Goodman a/c products. There are too many internal parts and having too many manufacture issues.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: Vince from Ma

"funny huh?"
I was planning on having a Goodman ac installed since my installer talked up the 10 year warranty but after reading these reviews, I noticed something a little funny. The only good reviews seem to be from contractors who say it's "all in the installation". All the other reviews without fail are all very disgruntled customers. Also if it's all in the install, why is it most of these customers have parts breaking dowm or major freon leaks almost right away? Funny huh?

Date created: 2010-07-05 Name: Bhagwati

"Central A/C OF GOODMANN"
This is just a piece of junk. Never got cool air since installed. Looking for a repair or an a/c mechanic. It was installed 2 years ago. I did not use it last year due to not enough warm weather.

Date created: 2010-07-04 Name: J. Elixson
Location: North Florida

"110 window unit works great"
I live in north Florida and it is hot. Bought a 5 ton Goodman 1.5 years ago with a new house. Replaced evaporator coil, condensor fan motor, and 2 hard start kits. Now, the condensor coil is leaking. New part came in and they found the reversing valve is leaking and the evaporator coil leaking again and the insulation falling off the cabinet. No way is this installer error. P.O.S. The dealer I got it from will not touch or sell Goodman units anymore. Three dealers later still not fixed. Goodman will not call me back ????? They got my money. It's hard to stop a Trane. A Goodman will stop itself.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: Robin W.

"I was i hadn't"
I had a 14 sheer limit warranty, lifetime compressor installed October 2008, and I wish I hadn’t. The furnace works fine but the ac unit not so much. I made two calls in 2009. The coolant leaked out and they recharged it. Then, some parts froze and the wrapped copper lines. 6-2010 it wouldn’t turn on again. The coolant had leaked out and my bill, over $1,000 for a less than two year old machine. Oh, the warranty does not pay labor or for the coolant which this machine leaks like a sieve. Goodman is a good money maker for a repairman.

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Roger Nantel

"Mr. R, Nantel"
Installed in Sept. 2008, summer of 2009 called for service in June, unit will not shut down until night time when the temp has gone below thermostat demand. I can't get unit to bring house down to 23 celcius or 72 deg., if 80 outside. Twice serviced in 12 months for gas leak. Even if gas is ok, unit does not bring the house down to what the thermostat is asking.