Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: E. Wagner

"Ed"
Outstanding unit. Service/install by real professionals.

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: J. Whitson

"3 ton unit"
Had it for 3 years. It blew 2 compressors. It's in the dump now. Junk!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: C. Estess

"JUNK!!!!"
I posted review 2 weeks ago about condenser fan motor noise. Unit stopped cooling 2 days ago. Had tech come out to check. Low freon, same diagnosis I had after unit installed less than 1 year. Now, both coils are leaking! Warranty will furnish parts but labor to install them is $1200.00!!!! I will be installing a Rheem or American Standard just as soon as possible. These units are pure junk! Don't tell me about most problems being poor installation. This was professionally installed and guess what? Still junk!!! Don't walk, run from this brand!!!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Diane S.

"Not a good choice"
I had a Goodman central air conditioner installed in 2006. Never pumped cold air. Took hours to bring the house down only a few degree. In 2010, the compressor and coil went. It was still under warranty so ac repairman picked up a new coil and compressor. On first day running, compressor broke again and unit was pumping out warm air. This is week two of staying at a friend since it's 99 degrees outside. I am tired and frustrated. I would not recommend these products. Spend a few dollars more and go with Carrier or another name brand.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Mark S.

"Good as any other unit"
Home is 13 y/o. First 10 seer unit lasted 8 years and was hit by lightning. Second 10 seer unit made it 6 years and ran low on freon. Rather than fix it, I upgraded to a 13 seer and a 95% furnace combo. Cost value proposition on Goodman seems reasonable to me. I believe a good install makes a huge difference. And be aware many installers do not have the right equipment to pressure check the new high pressure 410 freon after install so you could be low on freon out of the gate.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: J. Navarro

"Not a good unit"
I purchased a brand new home in October 2008. The unit was brand new. I've serviced the unit every 6 months to ensure it'll last me a while. Well, here I am, stuck with a unit that needs the condenser fixed already: a loud, vibrating noise comes out of the unit and blows hot air. I would never purchase a Goodman unit! I purchased a Trane for my other house (seer 16) 5 years ago and nothing has happened to it. It's just a more superior unit.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: C. T.

"Chinese parts were their undoing recently and the problem persists as of 2010"
I have installed about 75 of these units last year with the new 410a refrigerant. We have had greater than 15% failure of the evap coil in the first 12 months. 3 reversing valves which are a major pain. I hate this junk. I can tell you with authority, it is the Chinese parts they used, and Chinese copper. Other brands have similar problems, with Amana/Goodman it has been catastrophic. Do not install this stuff if you can avoid it. They have made a new aluminum coil, but the units still come with the piece of junk Chinese copper one. You better have an ethical contractor install and back it up. It costs us a fortune to warranty this junk.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: Theresa M. Navarro

"Air conditioning unit"
This air conditioning unit was installed 7 years ago. It has been broken 3 times! I had a Carrier for 22 years and it broke 1x. I hate this product and I will never buy another thing from this company. This has cost us so much money. We even had to pay for a part to be shipped to us. We weren't the reason that they didn't have the part in the store. Why would that be our responsibility? Do not buy a Goodman air conditioner. It is 100 degrees outside. Just got fixed 5 days ago. Now, it just stopped working. I am just home from the hospital. I cannot believe this is happening. I know we got a lemon and now I feel all your units are lemons. We would like to speak by phone to a representative of your company. This a/c unit has cost so much for repairs, it is criminal. I am thinking that many others feel the same. We are dying of the heat and now again I have to move in with one of my relatives because my house is deathly hot.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Mark P

"I hope this review will prevent you from making the same mistake"
I bought a Goodman air conditioning unit. After only six months of use, the compressor failed. It cost 750 dollars in labor to have it replaced. The part was covered under warranty. One year later, the compressor failed again, during one of the hottest months of the summer, of course! This time, the part was not covered under warranty. The price to have it replaced this time was not worth it anymore. I gave up and bought a Trane. Do not buy this unit. Buyer beware. If you do, buy the 10yr warranty b/c these units will fail you when needed the most. Don't make the same mistake. You will pay in the long run.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Paula
Location: North Florida

"Does anyone have a terrible odor ?"
We are experiencing eye and throat burning, dizziness as well as ear dripping when our Goodman ac is on. The terrible odor comes out of the vents. Has anyone else experience this? It is not a mold or mildew. It is more of a chemical smell. House is in north fl. We have been forced out of our home due to this! Which is only a brand new 3yr old home! Smell only comes thru the vents when Goodman ac is running! Pls respond here if you have any helpful info. Ty PaulaFetty@comcast.net