Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>

Date created: 2010-09-24 Name: Julia Fetzer
Location: Altha, FL

"Don't Buy This Brand"
We had a new Goodman installed by professionals less than a year ago and we have had nothing but troubles since. The system is more than big enough to cool our 28X50 ft. double wide mobile home but it doesn't. We just paid out over $250.00 for labor and freon while we waited for a new coil to arrive to replace the one that was leaking. We have had duct work replaced, thermostat replaced to no avail. Even with the new coil and full of new freon, our house is still not cool. I highly recommend that you do not buy this brand of air conditioning.

Date created: 2010-09-18 Name: Very unhappy
Location: Charlotte

"BEWARE Don't waste your money"
We have three Goodman units in a brand new house less then 24 months old. We have put out over $2,500 in repairs. Only a few parts that were covered needed to be replaced. Most of our problems are with leaks and things that don't require parts. Had to add a kick start just to get one unit to consistently turn on! Don't buy this system. We lived in Florida for over 20 yrs. Never had a problem with my Trane. Let the AC guy talk us into buying Goodman - I can see why - he is making a killing off of us!!!

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Greg

"Goodman AC Failure"
Have a 4 ton Goodman AC that is 18 months old. Inside coil failure and I have to pay for shipping and labor. P Poor warranty not to mention poor quality due to early failure.

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: M. Rogers
Location: Durham, NC

"Goodman AC unit"
I purchased a Goodman ssx16 2.5 ton unit in August after my Trane unit of 11 years died. As of 9-15-10 I have not had any issues and the company who installed it did a very professional job. I would recommend this unit and company to all my family and friends in the future.

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: hot and unhappy
Location: CA

"2 years old. over $1500 in repairs = not working"
Two years ago we have a Goodman installed. The next year it wasnt cooling. The tech said there must be a leak in the pipes to the attic and did over $1100 in work for new pipes and replaced the gas. This year we had a different tech come out. He found a leak in coil. He said Goodmans have a very high rate of failure and his company has (at their cost) replaced every Goodman they installed. Too bad I did use them initially. :) Well Over $200 later he tells me that the new pipes were not needed. And that I have a huge paper weight now. Being that this is an "older" style with the type of gas that is not currently used it would be $500 to recharge and that would only last a short time. He said if I turn it on as it, that is would destroy the rest of the system with the lack of gas in it. So a 2 year old system is worthless. :( We dont have the money for a replacement or even to pay the labor on warranty parts and gas. Just crap.

Date created: 2010-09-14 Name: Paul

"Great Product for the Money"
I am an HVAC contractor and install several brands. Goodman is not my primary brand but I recently installed it on my daughter's home because of the cost and warranty. I would like to point out that hvac equipment is like cars, all brands make lemons, its man-made. However, with proper care & maintenance most systems will last many, many years. So I would suggest researching the install contractor as thoroughly as you do the equipment. The install is usually were the problems start.

Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: DOUG D.
Location: MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

"EVAPORATIVE COIL IS A DESIGN DEFECT!"
I have had this Goodman A/C unit for just over 2 years and the cool air has stopped coming out at least 4 times. The repair man stated that the EVAP coil in the attic has a leak. The repair man also stated this is a know issue and is also a design issue, which goodman has fixed as of July 2010 but is only on new units. The price to fix this is $800.00. I called the company in Texas and the person that answered the phone was very arrogant and not-supportive to customer feedback. Unporfessional and not customer oriented company. DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN! I PLAN ON FILING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Maria S
Location: Apex, NC

"Don't Buy a Goodman"
Bought my unit in June of 2008, by 2009 it was having problems cooling. Then when 2010 summer rolled around, the unit would not cool. AC repair man accused me of harming the unit, but finally found out that there is a recall on the faulty condenser coil. However, my unit which uses the same coil as the recall, was not on the recall list. It is been almost four.. yes four hot months in NC with no air conditioning from my goodman unit. The repair man will not show up and Goodman was slow in responding. Very disappointed in Goodman and it's products.

Date created: 2010-09-08 Name: joe installer
Location: Northwest Indiana

"quit whining, know the facts"
I install A/C units for a living, I also service them.I sell Goodman, and other brands, but most of the time customers want low price. to tell ya the truth, most all brands of A/C units use the same compressor manufacturers, and if the unit isnt installed right, for example, the lines arent clean, or the air ducting is too small for the tonnage, or the wiring isnt large enough to handle the current draw, a PROBLEM WILL surface. we have units that have been in service for 35 plus years, still chilling-- Goodman sells more equipment in the US than any other brand, it would stand to reason, that some of the equipment will be improperly installed, or a part will fail.that is just the law of mechanical engineering. if you doubt that, just read any of the other brand reviews--all similar, complaints most arising from improper installs. I try to install every unit like I would for my own home, and I guess it works, I have VERY few problems with any thing I install. Maybe I just luck out and get all the good units huh?? Most of the service problems I see in the field, are due to lack of maintenence, or parts just plain wearing out from being over worked (too small for the task size). I do get tired of people whining though lol they make more noise than the compressors-----

Date created: 2010-09-07 Name: M. Bachman

"Inner Coil"
Bought a 2.5 ton 14 seer unit in 06-2008 and I'm now replcing the inner coil for $900 even though the part is under warrenty the labor is going to cost me! I can't believe this! The unit is just over 2 years old. That seems to be a common theme on this forum. The cost to repair the thing is half the cost of a brand new system......are you kidding me!

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>