Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Ashley Tanner
Location: Omaha, NE

"3.5 ton 14 seer"
Got a new ac 3 years ago and works like a charm. Recommended to mine and my wifes parents and everyone is happy. Cool and less expensive.

Date created: 2010-11-27 Name: Jim L.
Location: Brook Park, Ohio

"Saved me a lot of money"
We replaced our 20 year old Janitrol 2 ton air conditioner with a 2 ton ,13 seer unit and gas furnace this past June and are very pleased! Our June electric bill was $81 and it wasn't very warm outside, but we would turn it on at 4:30 in the afternoon and run it to get the house cooled down so we could sleep comfortably. It was a 10 SEER rated. We had the new system installed the end of June and started using it the first heat wave on July 2nd! We decided to run it the whole month and see if it was really energy efficient as we were led to believe. Our July electric bill was $86, only $5 more than Junes bill was! It would cycle nicely and kept our 1050 sq ft ranch home nice and cool at 72 degrees! We are very pleased with our Goodman unit! we will review our new gas furnace, 70,000 btu- 80% efficient unit half way through the winter season. we hope the savings there will also be substancial!

Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: S. Soto
Location: Tampa, FL

"Piece of crap"
Had a complete system installed 2 1/2 years ago, by a CERTIFIED, A-RATED, LICENSED COMPANY no less (sorry if that bothers the gentleman shilling for Goodman). It has been trouble from 3-months post install, and has had to have service approximately every 3 months. It leaks coolant, it freezes then leaks all over the garage, and several of the Schrader valves have had to be replaced. We're considering a suit, but I have little hope we'd win. The installer no longer offers Goodman, and has gone to Carrier with a 10 year parts AND labor warranty, but we don't think we care to deal with him again. He should have ripped this piece of crap out while it was still in the first year of the warranty, so for that, we don't have confidence in him either. Would be VERY happy to be part of a class action suit against Goodman if one exists.

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: Usmc Gab

"USMCGAB"
With the exception of Trane whop has its own compressor, ALL units have the same parts in them. And yes even trane has the same coils,fan motors, and etc...It all starts with the installer. As an Electrical and HVAC contractor I see a lot of screw ups in these installations. Just like all man made products you are going to have some lemons. Over all Goodman has the best warranty of them all and the best price. Remember, it your installer is not a license contractor through the state or the authority having jurisdiction, then you have a boot leggier and you get what you pay for. The majority of the problems I have seen, has always been poor installation

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: R Wessel
Location: Louisville KY.

"Works great!"
Built a new home 2 years ago and installed a 3 1/2 ton Goodman unit. The AC unit has worked without any problems and the utility bills are very reasonable. I think a lot of the issues people run into is a result of poor installation quality of some HVAC companies.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: T. Bloom
Location: Florida

"Overpriced junk?"
The system is barely a month old and the company has been here twice to fix it. My father just passed away and now my elderly mother has to deal with a brand new piece of crap Goodman heat pump along with my father's death. The first repair the inside temp was over 90 thanks to "a wire that became disconnected." The second time came when the weather changed thanks to a sudden cold spell. When we switched to heat, the unit initially ran, but began to shake so bad it shut itself off, then kept trying to turn on, would shake like crazy, turn off and repeat the cycle. This was, of course, on Friday night. They came Saturday to look at it and she has had to rely on emergency heat until they can fix it on Tuesday. I am afraid to think what next??? I wanted to see if others have had similar problems with this company and am not surprised to see that so many have. Americans used to know how to build and install quality...but not any more. No wonder our economy is so bad.

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: T.Quinn

"Contractor"
I am a HVAC Contractor in the Houston area and have been installing all brands of Air Conditioners in the past 22 years. I just happened upon this website and started reading reviews on several brands of equipment, not to many good things said about several brands including Goodman. Please purchase the Extended or Labor Warranties when purchasing any HVAC equipment. Most manufacturers are shipping parts to other countries to be assembled and shipped back into the U.S. These units are stacked, bumped,knocked around, and damaged during shipping. This is creating leaks in Condenser and Evaporator Coils. I wish this HVAC equipment was assembled in the U.S. we would not be having half as many problems with the less expensive labor costs and shipping damage. I have done Warranty work on all brands of equipment in the last 5 years, Coils are leaking everywhere, and when a coil is leaking freon, the Compressors will go out. Good Luck and have annual service checks.

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Angry in TN
Location: Franklin, TN

"Angry in TN"
We had similar bad experience with the Goodman HVAC unit in our brand new home. Evap coil went out after only 18 months. Sure the part is in warranty but service call and labor to replace the part are running $1000. Goodman will not budge on the "parts only" warranty. If you search the internet, you'll find that Goodman products get terrible reviews. I'll not purchase another Goodman product and I'm out to let everyone know what a inferior product they manufacture.

Date created: 2010-11-01 Name: Jim
Location: PSL, Florida

"Carrier"
After reading all of these comments, I choose to spend $1000 extra and geta Ser 16 Carrier with 10 year labor and warranty. Thanks for steering me away from this junk.

Date created: 2010-10-30 Name: L. Michael

"Goodman lie!"
On 3/8/08 a Certified a/c contractor installed a Goodman 3.0 ton 14 seer Central a/c system, aepf426016 3.5,5.0 ton low leak air hndl, and ssx140361 14 seer ac, 3 ton comppressor. On 10/17/09 a Certified a/c contractor came out and replaced the leaking evap coil, on 10/26/10 Certified a/c contractor came out and the evap coil needs to be replaced again. I have spent $750.00 on warranty items. Goodman needs to reimburse me and many others for selling a faulty product. I had two Whirlpool units which lasted for 25 years before failure. Where is Goodman buying these below quality parts from and then selling them to us Americans.

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>