Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: J. Gasaway
Location: Oklahoma city

"Do NOT Buy a Goodman"
It has been trouble from installation. The company did try to fix it & even got the Goodman rep to come out to inspect it & said the factory orifice was wrong. Still have problems.

Date created: 2012-04-27 Name: R. Ponder
Location: Tomball ,Tx

"Goodman is Junk"
Nothing but trouble!!! Unit is 3 years old and constantly in need of repair. Labor and freon alone have run my repair bills through the roof. If anyone wants to file a lawsuit count me in.

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: One disappointed customer of the Goodman product
Location: Milledgeville, Georgia

"GOODMAN IS JUNK; DON'T BUY"
I am having the same problems every other consumer is having with Goodman. The unit started giving me problems when it was only three years old and the problems have not stopped and it's just year 4. I have been paying to replace the freon that has been leaking. I have been told that I need to replace the coil which is running me about $600-700. The company will not offer any support or take responsibility for these lemons they are building. They will only pay for the parts but not the labor. It seems a civil suit needs to be filed against this company. There are far too many complaints about the same problem for this to be a coincidence.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: Matson
Location: north alabama

"NEVER look at Goodman...."
Have had nothing but trouble with Goodman unit. Replacing ac condenser every 2 years! Discovered today that the heating unit is not working. Surprise....not. This is a piece of crap. Millionaire Goodman needs to back his products and replace them if they go out within 10 years. I feel a class action law suit coming on...I'll lead that train!! Already checked and even with warranty run out...you can still sue. All I really want is a replacement unit in this new home I bought 6 years ago.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Name: Lindsey Brown
Location: Atlanta Ga.

"Unknown"
I have a 3 and half ton unit, worked well for two years and now it seem to need a new capacitor every other month and now they have to add freon each time which is expensive. I may order the freon and Capacitors and have them on hand when the service tech comes.

Date created: 2012-04-20 Name: Louis S.

"Run, don't walk, away"
I've had 2 units (upstairs/downstairs) for 8 1/2 years, and I don't think I've gone but 1 or 2 years without a service call. I've had the compressors on each unit replaced, along with several capacitors and had a few cleanings to keep these units going. I wish I'd gotten something else.

Date created: 2012-04-17 Name: NT
Location: UTAH

"DON'T BUY! BUYER BEWARE!"
Owned this unit for 6 years. Have gone through 2 condensers, 2 capacitors, 2 hard starts, 2 fan motors, numerous times hvac tech to come over- my bill, and most of all 1 pissed off stay at home mom!!!! Now looking to buy another ac unit definitely not goodman!!!! JUST DON'T DO IT!!!

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: David Szewczykowski
Location: Davenport Florida

"Goodman junk"
I have had nothing but trouble from day one, my unit is always breaking down. The company I bought it from would do nothing, so I wrote the Goodman company and got just as far. The service tec's that come to service my unit even agree that the unit is a lemon and should be replaced, but they are in no position to help me for fear of their jobs. My nieghbor also had a Goodman lemon and they replaced his unit but refused to replace mine. Buyer beware these units are junk buy something else. anything else, and you"ll be better off.

Date created: 2012-04-07 Name: dan
Location: mi

"Don't buy"
I had a new house built. the builder assured me the goodman ac/furnace unit is a brand name with a guarantee. The first summer a major part of the ac unit burned up. I live in Michigan where an ac is used only a couple times a year. Warranty covered the part but not the $120 service charge. Second winter furnace refused to lite and come on. After another $120 service charge everything was taken apart and cleaned. This is only the second winter on a new unit. Year 3 the ac runs but the air in my basement is cooler than what the ac is blowing out. Told leaking freon and a new system compressor needed. The serviceman thinks the warranty will cover the part but not the $400 charge to install it. 3 years on a new unit and its all garbage. Has anyone filed suit or a claim with the bbb? It appears so many people are unhappy with this maker.

Date created: 2012-04-05 Name: Peter Antisen
Location: Tampa Bay Fl

"3 ton heat pump"
4 1/2 years with the new system and and 2 broken weld joints -- one about 1 1/2 years ago and another one the other day. I would think you should get a good 10yrs out of a system before any major repairs. Very disappointed in the Goodman Condenser. Air handler so far has worked like a champ.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>