Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: a. d. matos
Location: Fairfax, VA

"Wost Reliability in Industry"
I just purchased a high efficiency Goodman A/C and Furnace. I paid over 8 Thousand dollars and had it installed by Pride A/C and Heating. The unit is two (2) years old and it already broke. The company misdiagnosed the problem on their first visit and on the second visit they advised a pressure valve malfunctioned. I am now without A/C on a 90 degree day because they cannot find the part. REALLY…A BRAND NEW A/C SYSTEM AND IT BREAKS AND THE COMPANY CANNOT FIND THE PART. Goodman A/C units are junk and not reliable. Stay away from any and all of these systems, no matter what the price. Never buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: rich
Location: nj

"Not All Air Conditioners Created Equal"
I hate the reviewers compairing their Goodman to other brands because they use the same brand compressors. The compressor manufacturer make the compressor to the standards requested by the AC manufacturer. That means a quiet copeland compressor in a lennox unit is not the same as the noisey one designed for the goodman. The same goes for the fans, relays, and other components made for the other AC brands. Why do you think Goodmans are so cheap. And their gas furnaces, You are lucky to get 5 to 10 years from their stamped clamshell heat exchangers. All it takes is poor filter maintenance to cause the rings to pop. No Good Goodman

Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: richard mosher

"Evaporator Coil"
When my wife and I purchased our house it was 18 months old. We got a service maintinence plan, when the company came out to check our system, they foun it to be low on freon. They checked for leaks and found a leak in the evaporater coil. The coil was still under warranty, but the lobor to put in the new one was $900.00. Now I am finding out that a large number of the coils in our development are failing.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: K Barton
Location: Memphis, TN

"Goodman AC Not Fit For Use"
For the second consecutive year, I am replacing a Goodman AC unit. House was bought 4 years ago and a Goodman unit had recently been installed, no doubt because it was one of the cheapest available. That unit failed last year. Yes, it was still covered by warranty, but I had to eat the $800 labor for installation. Now, after less than one year, that same unit has failed. I will try to work a deal with my heat and air contractor to replace with a different unit, and will gladly pay the difference. This product stinks and I will do whatever I can to replace with something more reliable.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: d short
Location: Courtice, Ont

"Goodman Air Conditioner"
Had a Goodman air conditioner installed in 2008, worked great the first year, 2011 is the third year in a row that I have had to call a technician for service and each time the unit was out of coolant and had to be re-charged, was fully charged last night and surprise, no cold air coming out of the unit, now appears the system is not holding the coolant at all. This has to be some form of enviromental issue with all these Goodman units leaking coolant into the enviroment and hopefully not into my residence. I'm planning on replacing it with a Unit from reputable company.

Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: S. Groot
Location: Dulles Virginia

"Avoid Goodman AC"
We bought our unit in 2005 and it has been nothing but trouble. Every season the unit fails to switch; heat to AC or AC to heat. I've had solenoid coils and reversing valves break. What unit needs a new reversing valve every year! Their parts are terrible, must be made in China. The gentleman in customer service was not at all nice or helpful. Now the installer won't return my calls or come out to fix the unit. The unit broke in April, it took 3 weeks to get the repair person to come and replace the solenoid coil for the 3 time. Two days later the reversing valve broke AGAIN! Piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: J. Hood
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Evaporator coil isuses"
We bought a new home 3 years ago -year 2 our upstairs unit went bad (evaporator coil), now year 3 our downstairs unit has a bad evaporator coil. The parts are both covered by warranty but the labor and replacement coolant is not...so I have spent almost $1,600 in replaceing bad parts in 2 years. My local AC company told me to google and see it's a known issue, I have 3 neighbors who have similarly aged or slightly older homes who are experiencing the same issues.

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: troy

"*%?!!#"
I am sitting in my house in total disgust, this is the third year in a row that I have had to call the installers of this piece of crap air conditioner to come and try to fix it. Did you change the filters? To much freon. Not enough freon. this time it's "your coils dirty and plugged we'll just wash it out", well now it's clean and it still won't cool my house. Your product is total junk and I wouldn't sell it to my worst enemy. My only comfort is that I have a 10 year free parts and labor warranty so that I may have some time to save my money and by a quality product in 7 years, but believe me I'll spend the rest of the time badmouthing your brand.

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: K Stoup
Location: Waynetown IN

"Unit runs out of freon every year"
The AC unit runs out of freon every year and has to be recharged. We've had several service calls by various dealers. They can't find the leak. We can not get anyone from Goodman's to call us and they have not responded to my email. The unit runs for hours straight but the house never cools down. Unit is defective and they won't cover it on warranty. If we could get it replaced and our service calls refunded, I would be satisfied. Buyer beware. I would not recommend buying one of these units.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: T Hilliard
Location: Georgia

"Extremely dissatisfied is an understatement"
We replaced two AC units with Goodman units four years ago. We have had nothing but problems ever since. It's one thing after another! It was bad enough when they were both under warranty, but now that the warranty has run out on both units, this is getting extremely expensive, not to mention the electric bill sky-rockets due to the units putting out warm air instead of cool. Wish we could somehow be compensated. I will never recommend Goodman to anyone, ever!

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>