Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: Tom G
Location: Naperville, il

"Tech"
Reading all the bad reviews makes me realize how many hacks are in the industry. I totally agree with Mr Freeze: it is not the equipment but how it is installed, started and maintained. As for the homeowner who thinks Copeland makes a different compressor for Carrier than they do Goodman, wrong. You could buy the most expensive equipment and have Slash and Run, Inc install it and it will fail quickly. Equipment must be properly sized; pipes must be kept clean by purging with nitrogen while being brazed. Vacuum must be pulled on equipment to 500 microns. Then charge must be adjusted per charts included with equipment. Many hacks just purge freon thru line set which is against EPA regulations. I have made much coin with Goodman and have many pleased customers. I have a 20 yr old Janitrol and plan to replace it with a Goodman. Seems that the weakest part on all equipment these days is the capacitor. Don't know why. The older units used an oval one that was larger in size than new ones. So if you want the cost of advertising or sponsoring sporting events added to cost of equipment buy a name brand. If you want same components for a lower cost buy Goodman. Goodman does have 10 yr warranty on all parts and lifetime on compressor. Much better than other manufacturers. Mr Freeze, keep up the quality work.

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: L. Charney
Location: Ontario

"Waste of Money!"
We bought this unit seven years ago and had it serviced/cleaned once a year. Last week it just stopped working. The repair person said that the capacitor had exploded and the condenser and assorted other parts would need to be replaced but suggested we get a new a/c unit. I would never buy Goodman again. Central a/c should last longer than 7 years!!!

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: Amanda Ott
Location: TEXAS

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US."
Goodman Manufacturing, Hello my name is Amanda I live in Waxahachie,Texas I built my home in 2008 and put three Goodman Air Conditioning & Heating unit on my home Sold to us By Mark Fanning Prestige Ac 817-819-6513 . On my main air I have replace coils 7 times and 3 compressor and many other things on the unit from the first day we moved in . And today it has been 5 days with no air in this 102 degree weather and the compressor is out again. We have had a service man out here 8 times this month trying to get it fix. I was told that I to talk to a Ken Meral at 214-498-3912 for he to ok and work on this unti. As of June 29,2010 he well not call us or touch base with us on anything and we don't understand why when you are a big company. I have been out $2000. to $3000. a year on this unit. As of right now this year I have been out $1013.85 of our pocket. I have talk to a lady at Ext. 5862 in your company and she has not gotten back with us. I was told last night at 4:45pm by the service man name Carl at 817-295-6519 that your Goodman Air would replace my unit with a smaller one and I would have too pay $1100.00 for it because you longer make a 5 ton 15 sheer unit. I find this hard to believe when I look on your web site and it shows it. The living space that we have to cool is 3750sq feet. I have talk to the BBB my case I feel where getting the run around and we need someone to help us. The money is not the problem I just need a unit that well work and someone to give us some answer please. I'm a stay home wife so if you read this and would like to talk to us about this please feel free to call us. Thanks Amanda

Date created: 2011-07-28 Name: JCranston
Location: Granbury, TX

"Nothing but problems"
New house; New ac Goodman; 4 years old now. Every year issues; leaking; refrigerant; many days of no ac in tx. Today had Evaporator coil system replaced (just like man below). Turns out with copper tubing and aluminum body, the dissimilar metals cause reaction and premature corrosion/rust to the point of way too early leaking. The man put in a new Gibson coil that is 100% aluminum and he says it will last a long time. He says all over the neighborhood these are failing.

Date created: 2011-07-27 Name: D Woods

"Central Air Conditioner"
I was referred to Boonstras one hour heating and air conditioning in Burlington to repair my central air. It took them one week to finally find out that it had a ten year warranty because the warranties were filed in Texas. Their repairman, named Darren finally came to analyze it and see what repair had to be done. He was at my home for approximately five minutes when he said he could not tell me what was wrong with my air conditioner because I had blown a fuse. Then he proceeded to tell me that I owed him $99 for his time. Also, even though the main parts of the unit was under warranty, for example the compressor, the labor to repair it would be $690.00. I feel that this company was so unprofessional and was only interested in grabbing me for my money. The central air unit is only four years old and I have had nothing but problems with it. Sometimes it would make a loud clangy noise and would not turn on for minutes as it is supposed to. As well, the repairman was recommended to me by Goodman Manufacturing Company in Mississauga, Ontario. It seems that it has cost me approximately $1,000 per year for only two to three months of the year to provide air conditioning in my home. Quite a costly luxury I would say. This product and the people who service these products are total rip offs and only are interested in how much money they can get out of us consumers, any way they can. I will never again purchase this product or any Goodman product, nor will I ever deal with the scoundrels who service them.

Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: C. Jones
Location: McKinney,TX

"Goodman, biggest peice of @#&$ ever made."
We had a Goodman installed less than 30 days ago and it is already broke. We bought a house with a seller's warranty and had to use it within 60 days to replace one of the ac units. We didn't have a choice as to what brand was being put in and the installers placed a #$&%man unit and in less than 30 days it has already failed. Do not buy one of these units. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. This company is pathetic and the people who run this company should be put in prison for selling this crap.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Papabear
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

"My nightmare"
I bought this brand about 5 years ago. 2 month after it was installed the fan quit working, it was replace under warranty. a few month later there was a connector that was arcing, replaced under warranty. A year later the compressor went. It was replaced but Goodman did not honor the 5 years warranty. A Year later replaced the compressor again. Last week (July 22, 2011) the sorry piece of you-know-what quit again. This time I'm not wasting one more penny to diagnose the problem. It is the symptoms as before. I'm done with this Goodman trash.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Kathy
Location: Tallmadge, OH

"Piece of junk!"
We bought this unit (2 ton) 5 1/2 years ago. We live in Northeast Ohio so there are only about 2 months we would use it. Out of that 2 months we might use it 30 days - at the very most. The thing seized up this weekend during our 95+ degree heat wave. Of course, no warranty! What a piece of junk this is. I wouldn't put it in a dog house! Now we have to put out more money and get a new central a/c! You can be sure that it won't be a Goodman!!!

Date created: 2011-07-24 Name: stacy barfield
Location: Richfield, NC

"DIDNT LAST OVER 4 YRS"
Found out after the unit was put in that it wasn't even big enough to cool the air when it was in the 90's outside! Then after 4.5 yrs the compressor went out one night and we had to go stay with my husband's family for 2 days (we have 2 small babies). Will see how fast it gets replaced and how much they try to charge me.

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: D. DeFazio
Location: PA

"Holy Humidity"
Replaced our old unit (Carrier) with a Goodman unit -- very bad mistake! The house gets cool but it constantly feels wet. We went out and purchased a digital temp. gauge which also tells the humidity and the humidity in the house. It is in the upper 50's low 60's, even when we have the temp set on 67. We gave the gauge to neighbors and family to see what their houses read and they were in the 40'S. No-one seems to be able to give us an answer as to why this is happening and they have adjusted settings on the unit but it is still the same. Even the repair people say it is like there is an opening in the house somewhere. NEVER had this problem with our old unit and now we are stuck with this one! Would never, ever recommend this brand to anyone!

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>