Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2011-08-24 Name: MT
Location: Missouri

"Had an issue with the Goodman thermostat"
We bought our new house in December 2007 and had an issue with the Goodman thermostat before we even moved in. The house was freezing every time we went to look at the progress. The builder had the furnace/ac installer to the house at least five times before they finally realized that the thermostat computer panel was faulty. (The installer would put in a new fuse and soon after they left, the fuse would blow again) Last week my ac stopped working. After a $93 charge to access the problem, the "free" compressor was installed and I was charged $610 in labor and freon charges. After reading all the complaints, I see that this is not an isolated problem. How can this company still be in business? How do you file a class action suit?

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: Kevin OBrien
Location: Tampa Florida

"Goodman Unit Dead After 2 years... Do not buy!"
I replaced a 19 year old ac Unit and Air Handler with a Goodman Unit to keep up the expensive repairs. I immediately put a service contract on the unit and had it serviced 3 times a year. The ac was blowing hot I had freon pumped it lasted one day we found the coil had a leak a week later unit was blowing hot had the system checked the compressor was bad. I have several properties and have replaced units before but not this quick. We spent $2,000 fixing this two year old unit. Goodman will warranty parts I could deal with one part being bad but having the coil and compressor go bad in 2 years is unacceptable. Do not buy Goodman products.

Date created: 2011-08-19 Name: B. Cloud
Location: TX

"Goodman is Bad"
Two year old unit has had 10 service calls for various problems. Latest problem is the unit won't blow air colder than 78 degrees if the outside temperature is over 100 (all summer in Texas). Technicians say the freon levels and everything on the unit checks out and this condition is normal. Old, cheap unit this Goodman replaced didn't have a problem keeping house cool when it was 107 degrees. Replaced the old unit hoping for better energy efficiency. Not with a Goodman! Have sent complaints to Goodman website, their responses are basically "Oh, well, live with it". Never buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-08-18 Name: Kevin D.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Quality isn't good"
I purchased a new Goodman unit in April, 2010. It worked okay the first summer. The heater worked okay last winter. However, this summer, the a/c repairman (a good friend of mine that's been in the business 27+ years) has been out 5 times. The 2nd time, we had to replace the compressor. This time (mid-August.), the coils are leaking freon and the dryer filters are clogged (he replaced them in June with the compressor). In his (and my) opinion, the entire unit is a lemon and needs to be replaced but Goodman won't do it. They want to continue throwing their inferior parts and my money at the problem. At least the parts are warranted for 10 years.

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: Karla Hackworth
Location: Nashville, TN

"Worst AC ever..."
Had condo built less than 6 years ago and had Goodman ac unit. It has been an issue from the first year. Endless repairs, service calls. Don't waste your time on this poor excuse of an ac unit. It's not like I bought an old home, so I'd expect the quality to be much higher for this product. The word "good" should not even be legal to be part of their name. This product is undoubtedly the worst one on the market. Very unhappy !!!

Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: Jim in Florida
Location: Titusville, FL

"Excellent deal on a Foreclosure"
Just purchased a foreclosed home that had a 4 year old Goodman ac unit, the home inspection told us that the ac unit needed service. The single mom that had owned the house never did yearly service and only changed the filter a couple times a year. The house was okay cool when we took ownership. I went ahead and had the unit serviced and the coils cleaned. He added some freon and oil, now Oh my God!!! The house has such low humidity now and we had it set at 68 degrees but the house is cold enough to hang meat. Looks like we got a good Goodman built on a good day. Happy we bought the house with this ac unit.

Date created: 2011-08-14 Name: Art Gardener
Location: Berryville,Ar

"HVACR contractor"
I have been installing air conditioner and heat pumps for over 40 years. The problems I have been reading are all installation problems and the brand will make no difference. I have sold at least 10 brands and have serviced all brands for years. They are all good but very poor tech's 90-% of my work is correcting the problems I have been reading about!! Sorry you need better service people!! Art

Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: Terry Valeo
Location: Louisiana

"Sick at my stomach!"
Spent over $20,000 for 3 units in our new home in August of 2009. Recommended by the company who my parents have dealt with all their lives. Nothing but problems with all 3 units. I just called them again this morning for the 8th time on one unit. Freon has leaked 7 times so they finally replaced the coils 2 weeks ago. Guess what, the system is not cooling again. I've had the entire unit outside replaced as well and this crap is not even 2 years old. If I ever do replace these units, I guess I'll break the bank and buy a trane or whatever appears to be the best on the market at the time. Not worth the headache.

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: Dianne campbell
Location: wisconsin

"Noisey unit"
Just installed a new Goodman furnace and air conditioner. This is a home without a basement. Have lived here 20 years with a furnace before this one. This one seem very noisy. Is there anything that we can have the contractor do to quiet it down. The old one was not this noisy.

Date created: 2011-08-02 Name: P. Lopiccolo
Location: Clinton Twp.m MI

"Highest Bills Ever Had"
Just had new air installed this winter. We had a lennox air conditioner for over 20 years thought we should get a new higher efficiency air had the goodman put in my bills are higher than they ever been. The unit seems to never shut off. If we raise the temperature the house is way to hot.

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>