Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: E. Bejarano
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

"Add me to the lawsuit"
My unit was installed 10 months ago. In the last 2 months, the ac guy has come over 6 times. I am waiting for him to come over right now. I called the manufacturer to complain about the unit and they told me to buy an extended warranty. This company has no pride in its product and won't stand behind it. I will tell everyone about my experience and I ask them to tell everyone they know to not buy a Goodman ac.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: Wayne Howell
Location: raleigh,nc

"What company has a right to sell junk at this price"
3 1/2 years old and the coil goes bad and I was told it was all rusted.I Live in Raleigh,nc and we have good weather.The Ac repair man told me its made in China and the only thing that will be covered is the coil.I Had to pay the $790 labor to replace it.I Have to tell you people we have to file a complaint with consumer affars amd the Attorney general in our states to get some help.Just think how much poison is going into the ozone from the freon leaking out.

Date created: 2012-09-27 Name: kevin
Location: tx

"Beware of builders!"
We bought a new home in 06 and it has a Goodman 2 1/2 ton unit on the home. This is a 1,500 sq ft house in Texas where the temp can hit 108 degrees. Just found out that it needs a bigger unit. Carriers rule of thumb is 400sq ft per ton so I should a 4 ton unit. I would say its the builders fault a lot of the times and try to save money by installing a smaller unit which cost them less but you thousands. When we first moved in the ac worked great and really have had no problems with unit just now 6 years later. The unit has worked so hard to cool the house it can't keep up to keep my house cool. If my builder would have done the right thing and put the right ac on my house it probably would've lasted longer. I agree with the techs that say it depends on who installs your unit or lets say who builds your house. Beware of home builders they will rip you off and you don't even think about it until its to late and your warranty is up.

Date created: 2012-09-22 Name: A Adams

"JUNK"
Breaks or leaks every other month

Date created: 2012-09-21 Name: V. Foster
Location: Montgomery, AL

"This unit sucks"
Brought a brand new house 3 years ago, Goodman ac unit has gone bad. Warranty by company will not repair unit, homebuilder bears not responsibility. I can't believe a three year old ac unit already need repairing, it is going to cost me and arm and a leg to fix it. Is there anyone interested in a Class action lawsuit against this Goodman company. This is a nightmare, I am a single mom with very little money.

Date created: 2012-09-17 Name: David
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Money Pit"
I just bought a house built in 2005. It had a Goodman ac unit. Worked fine during my home inspection, move in day it went out. Had a tech come out, $300 later its working. Well that was last month. Saturday I woke up to a hot house. Went outside and the unit was not working. Called a hvac company out and I have a list of things wrong with my goodman ac unit. Compressor, coil, filter, fan the list goes on. I'm a young man supporting a family on single income minimum wage. I'll say this. When I get my income tax check, I'm buying a new unit, and it won't be a Goodman.

Date created: 2012-09-17 Name: R Owens
Location: Riceville, TN

"Goodman: Anything but good"
We have had our heat and air unit for 4 years and in that time have had to have it worked on three times for a cost close to $2000.00. It is a piece of junk both in my opinion and a local heat and air guy. I will never again have any items made by Goodman.

Date created: 2012-09-11 Name: Mark
Location: Austin,Texas

"Contractor for the past 15 years"
The best thing you can do for your a/c is get a good contractor that always replaces bad parts with American parts! The run capacitor is very important it only cost about$35.00. For an American made one get your a/c to install one. When you loose a compressor flush out your system good or the new compressor will have a hard short life.

Date created: 2012-09-11 Name: Hillari Schoeller
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"Any lawyers out there?"
We have 3 Goodman Units that were installed in 2008. Everyone of them has stopped working at one time or another. We replaced the condensor on one the week we moved in. The capacitors were replaced on all 3 units. Last week, the line cracked and the freon leaked out. $700 repair. Now, another one has stopped working. It looks like it may be the same problem. I'm up for a class action lawsuit if there are any lawyers out there! I hate these units, the only guarantee they have is that they will break every year. We have spent thousands of dollars and still have units that continue to break.

Date created: 2012-09-10 Name: Pam Wilkerson
Location: Lebanon, tn

"Not happy"
I have a Goodman ac unit and I am very upset, my unit is only 4 1/2 year old and I have had it worked on will over 9 times and it still not working. I have talked to goodman and they say that there is nothing they can do about it and only wanted to give me a number of a contractor to fix it. I am a single mother and working part time so most of my pay has gone to fixing my ac.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>