Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2013-04-13 Name: John Stewart
Location: Mulberry, Fl.

"Bad AC"
A/C unit leaks. Installer had no idea on how to install. The thermostat put in hallway nowhere near to return. I wish I knew the name of the installer.

Date created: 2013-04-12 Name: bob. c

"Goodman stinks. had two both had problems."
I had two Goodman units; they are about 5 years old. The stupid contractor as most a/c guys are, they did not tell me about filling the extended warranty, so I replaced the heating and air unit. After 5 years, I put the other Goodman on my rental properties. That was fixed twice in only 7 years. It is amazing. You cannot have a unit more the 10 years and having one should be considered lucky. There is a problem out there with the consumer accepting these cheap Chinese made products...

Date created: 2013-04-09 Name: John kulesa
Location: Palm Bay fla

"A.c. And heat pump"
Motor condition replaced after a six month new purchase. I think all your promotion bull is just that plus the charges to replace the motor the next repair need I will have unit thrown into the garbage where it belongs and buy from a honest and rut able brand name. I read some of the reviews and you should be out of business selling junk like u make. Shame shame shame. I hope other people read this and take heed and warning. I wonder this country is on its way to hell you people will answer to a higher authority on judgment day rest assure have a greedy day. Would I buy another Goodman product. Hell no...............

Date created: 2013-04-03 Name: E. Pena
Location: Houston, TX

"Problems after 2 years"
The builder installed Goodman for a/c and gas furnace in 2002 and I started having problems two years later. First the compressor went out in 2004, then leaky coils in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Although parts were under warranty labor was not. The last coil also needed to be replaced but I couldn't afford both parts and labor. Considering the amount I had paid over the years for just the labor work I could have replaced the entire system. Also I had to replace 3 capacitors over the years as well. I recently replaced the a/c with Tempstar at the recommendation from a friend who works in the industry. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Date created: 2013-03-20 Name: George Hogrefe
Location: Lanoka Harbor NJ

"Goodman"
Had a Goodman heating and A/C unit installed in my new house in 1997. Over that time the fan motor on the ac unit was replaced in 2008 for $300.00 The AC died after being under 2 ft of water from Sandy. The heater is still running without problems. I am putting in another Goodman AC and hope it gives me the same service. Were they made better years ago??

Date created: 2013-03-15 Name: R.K.
Location: Fort Collins, CO

"Do it Right!!!!"
I wish you people were in the HVAC trade. I think most of you need to get a quality installer. Half these posts I read are about how the builder didn't register it, they were bought online, they had to strip the unit down to fix it. If all those things are true, you need to stop blaming the brand and go after the people that didn't do their job. You pay the cheap price for installation and online pricing that's what you get. Do some research people. Register the product within 60 days of installation to get the 10 year warranty. It's that easy.

Date created: 2013-03-14 Name: Tony Diegidio
Location: Delray Beach FL

"Compressor Noise"
I live in an interior Townhouse in Southeast Florida. The owners on each side of me had their 4 Ton Carrier packaged units replaced with Amana/Goodman 4 Ton units in the Fall/Winter 2012. I could barely hear the Carrier units compressors hum. The Amana/Goodman compressors not only humm loudly but also make a hammering noise. It is so bad that the only way I can sleep is with my ceiling fan on high, a continuous play Classical music cd playing and 33 hours earplugs in to override the compressor noise. The owner of the installation company and the Goodnan southeast technical representative met me at my house. We went up on the roof and checked one unit. The compressor chamber was "Oil Canning" as the Rep. called it, that was the source of the noise. I asked why the Carriers did not "Oil Can" he said the pans they were mounted on where a heavier gauge than the Goodman pans. Both he and Goodman customer service say the units are what they are and they will not reiforce the pans, which he admitted should quiet the oil canning. If anyone else is having this problem I would like to know.

Date created: 2013-03-08 Name: mack matthews
Location: cartersville, ga.

"Class Action Lawsuit"
Bought this unit 2 years ago 15 seer. Constant problems, let's get a class action lawsuit against this company or find out why they are still in business.

Date created: 2013-03-06 Name: Stephanie
Location: Southeastern PA

"Horrible Unit - Horrible Company"
I bought a Goodman indoor/outdoor combo unit in 2008. I had it installed by a Goodman recommended installer. I was overcharged for the units. Two years after having the unit installed, the compressor went. The coil was replaced twice. It started leaking refrigerant and has been ever since. Every year when the seasons change, a call is made bc the unit isn't working. This year however, I have had my emergency heat on since November. The unit isn't working properly and the company won't do anything about it. The original installer can't fix it and is hard to get in touch with and Goodman is telling me the unit was installed improperly. They are pointing fingers at each other but my unit is not fixed. The electric bills are astronomical. I am interested in a class- action suit. Anyone else? Shicks615@hotmail.com

Date created: 2013-03-02 Name: DENISE WILSON
Location: KINGSTREE SOUTH CAROLINA

"No good"
This is no good plus their is a shipping cost to the cu this. This is one unit I will never buy again. Not good man is what it need to be call.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>