Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: EHPena
Location: Houston, TX

"10 Year Piece of Crap"
Built my house in 2002 and had I known I needed to upgrade the a/c system I would have! The builder installed a Goodman and in 10 years I have replaced 1 compressor (2004), 3 coils (2005, 2006, 2008) and 2 capacitors. I need another coil and decided to replace the entire system. I've been band-aiding the system for the last two years and the a/c guy told me this year to replace the entire system. After reading reviews for the other systems I'm very unsure which way to go. Hopefully, I can get thru this Texas summer before having to buy a new system!

Date created: 2012-07-02 Name: James R.
Location: Houston, TX

"Goodman equipment is very good"
I work for an a/c company. If you own newer Goodman or Amana equipment and are having a problem, it is almost certainly due to faulty installation. When you hire cheap labor or disreputable contractors to do the work, you are getting exactly what you pay for. Hire a good company to do the work and you may pay a bit more, but you can be assured that they will install the equipment correctly and will honor any warranties they sold to you. I have Goodman equipment in my home and have zero complaints. I have toured all of the factories for Goodman, Carrier, and Trane and we have installed all of this equipment over the years. We used to recommend Trane, but they and Carrier have just priced themselves out of the market. When you spend the money for Carrier and Trane, you are spending extra money for the name only. From my experience in working with the equipment and seeing it all manufactured, I would say the Goodman equipment is at least on par with the others, and actually better than them in some areas. The bottom line is, don't skimp on hiring a good installer, and you won't have so many hassles in the future.

Date created: 2012-07-02 Name: S Bryant
Location: Tallahassee FL

"Unhappy with their warrantly"
When we purchased our manufactured home in 2006, the dealer did not leave any paper work regarding the ac unit. The unit's coil just went out and I was just told by Goodman that my serial number did not fall under the 10 year standard warranty. The unit they have on their internet is the exact same unit that I had installed but only has a 5 year standard warranty. Don't bother calling their customer service, they are no help. Just suck it up as a lose.

Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: Rus
Location: San Diego, CA

"Installer COUNTS"
I have been installing this product for 25 years when it first came to Calif. I also install Carrier, Lennox and York. I won't install anything that gives me more than a 1% - 2% warranty return. They all use 1 of 2 compressors. If you don't put it in right you will always have a problem regardless of the equipment. These bad reviews seem to all break down to losey instalation and the guys don't know how to fix it. dah! Put them in right and they will all work for 15 to 20 years. Thats been my experience for 30 years.

Date created: 2012-06-26 Name: R. Zinda
Location: Blastfurnace, AZ

"2 yr old unit leaks in copper lines"
The problem is not so much the unit itself even though it has leaked it is the runaround I'm getting from the service of the unit. Partially from a 3rd party home owners warranty and their assigned service company. They are working together to make sure this unit doesn't get fixed until they find a way to get some money out of the policy holder and I'm certain that they will interfere with the warranty work which has nothing to do with them. It's been 5 days now since the original call was made to service the unit. They showed up late Friday and told me it is the reversing valve now (already had a leak fixed 2 weeks prior by a friend) & need to get the parts, entire new coil and piping assembly 1 piece from factory. I know they are made in the usa so why is it taking so long to fix? No call back, been 110+ lately, never have I experienced such poor customer support. I'm a Journeyman Sheet Metal Worker Union trained, now I'm working in an industrial fab shop as their Maintenance Tech, I worked as an Airbalance Journeyman in the past so I'm very familiar with the field. I believe the policy holder of the home is caught in a situation that the service co and the insurance co are trying to make extra money off of the warranty work. So there are 3 elements here that are all bad Goodman, Extreme Air & Service One. Avoid any of these companies and be sure not to find yourself caught in the web of all 3 of these substandard entities at the same time. I'm just the voice of reason trying to make this work by giving advice to dump the tag team of rip-offs and just get a Goodman certified service tech here to get the job done correctly and sometime within the next lifetime!

Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: dan powers
Location: midwest

"HVAC Instructor"
There is nothing wrong with a Goodman. Like any other brand, its the installer that counts. Too many hacks in our business. I teach hvac for the union apprentices in the sheet metal industry (they're trained for 4 yrs!!). Also, they are trained in ethics in service. I have installed every type of unit out there and it's the installer that makes or breaks a system. Silver solder, or brazed, nitrogen tested, nitrogen brazed, evacuated to 500 microns, superheat or sub-cooling charged. Schraders checked and seal capped. The compressors are the same in a Goodman, Carrier, Rheem, usually Copeland or Tecumseh. Get a good technician and you will not be writing a horror story review on any unit!!! Union sheet metal workers do a lot of side work also. The price will be right.

Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: Araceli L Santos
Location: West Orange, NJ

"What a Disappointment"
We had our a/c installed in 2009. The installer's contract stipulated a 10 year warranty on labor and parts. Last week, the a/c did not work. We called the installer and they had to put refrigerant in it and billed us $298.00. First of all, why would this happen only after 3 years? Second of all, why is the warranty not being honored? The customer service person said there is no such warranty!

Date created: 2012-06-20 Name: jack l
Location: kansas city ks

"Good Units"
I have installed many units over the years. have had no problems with the goodman units. I have over 30 years experience and have seen every brand on the market have problems when installed improperly. What I have read here sounds like poor installs to me and they also don't know how to fix their screw ups blame the man not the machine.

Date created: 2012-06-14 Name: M Bjorland
Location: Citrus heights CA

"Total junk"
I had a local reputable business install a new furnace and ac unit as our old compressor failed. Every year I've had a tech out to fix it. This year the coils freeze up. I had a tech come out and charge me a $300 bill to charge with freon and that night it froze again. It had been loosing freon. Easy and is a total piece of junk. Never again. The old system worked better for longer.

Date created: 2012-06-14 Name: Mac
Location: Hammond, La.

"A/C has to be installed properly."
There are a lot of Goodman's installed. They are inexpensive. Alot of hacks out there not putting them in correctly. Mine works great. Was installed properly. My a/c has been stolen twice at my office. Both times it was an a/c guy. Both are now in jail. So I got my epa license and installed it myself. The reason so many are having problems is not the equipment, it is because they were looking for the cheapest bid and they got what they paid for. But it was not the a/c that was cheap. It was the installer who was cheap and didn't do it right. Believe me, I know.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>