Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: Gary Hinton
Location: Georgia

"2nd coil condenser failure within 3 years"
I purchased my house new in 2010 with a Goodman unit installed as new. In February 2012, the coil condenser failed and I had to replace the unit. It was replaced with another new Goodman unit, and September 2014 that unit failed for the same reason. I will never buy another Goodman unit. When I called and complained, they told me the unit was still under warranty and would cost $800-$1100 to repair. The warranty covers parts only, not the labor. When I called the a/c company, they told me that Goodman units have been failing since there were changes in government regulation. With all the reviews I've seen, we should all get together and sue them and demand a recall.

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: U.G
Location: Northridge, CA

"Compressor not working after 4 years"
I bought the 4-ton Goodman condenser unit, and after 4 years the compressor stop working. I knew that I had a 5-year warranty on the compressor, so I called them and they told me that the warranty is only for the parts. I asked 4 different companies how much they will charge only for the labor. The answer was between $1400-$1800. I can't believe that Goodman doesn't give a warranty for labor. Stay away from this awful company!

Date created: 2014-09-19 Name: Yoko
Location: Laughlin, NV

"Undependable AC units & company won't stand behind their products."
I own 3 Goodman AC units on my roof. They were installed by L & S AC in Las Vegas on January 14, 2013. My contractor picked the AC company. All of them needed repairs in a little over one year, which means I had to spend $3,300 in the last six months. One of the big problems was that L & S did not tell me about Good Care warranty, which would have covered the units and labor for ten years for $1,500. They also did not register two of them, and the third was a wrong unit. I have a Goodman AC that was repaired by L & S on March 16, 2014; they put in a new compressor and a reversing valve. Now, in six months, that unit already needs a new compressor, a reversing valve, and a condensing coil. I now have a dependable AC Company who is trying to help me get a new AC from Goodman, since the unit broke for the second time in the last six months. Since the unit broke three weeks ago, I have spoken to 4 customer service people at Goodman Co. in Houston, TX, to get a new AC unit, but none of these people has helped me so far. The best one was Caroline, who told me that a technical rep will call my AC company, but that has not happened since I spoke to her four days ago. I keep calling Goodman every day and also my AC company to see what progress has been made, but nothing, even after 3 weeks of no AC in the Mohave desert. It's 94'f in my house. I should not have to keep calling them, and spending my time, energy and money on this. It should be easier for an AC contractor to replace them with so many problems. I am ready to take those units out and replace them with a company that will stand behind their product and service.

Date created: 2014-09-11 Name: Edward Rusinek
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

"Lost Freon line"
In the last 3 years bought 3 MH(package units), all 3 ton. Two of them lost Freon in 10 months in service. The third one lasted only 36 days and lost Freon, all for the same reason: service (charging Freon) tubing broke off from low pressure line and, of course, Goodman won't do anything about it. It cost me $782 to re-solder all 3 of the same tubings (in same place) and recharge the lost Freon. Sent a letter with bills to consumer relation dept. as instructed and never heard from them. When the distributor asked them about it, they told him to reimburse me 50% of my expenses, so they did. But Goodman won't take any responsibility for their inferior/poorly design tubing connection,which is very simple to correct. Goodman's people are very rude in their answers to this persisting problems. Every local a/c service business strongly recommended staying away from Goodman products. Plagued with problems and no warranty. They don't consider Freon and soldering rods ($12 for one) as parts so they won't pay for it.

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: S. Mosley
Location: Phenix City, AL

"Worst unit ever"
This is the worst unit ever made!!! We built and purchased our home 2011 and the contractor had this unit already installed when we brought the house. We started having issues with the unit after only 18 months, starting with low refrigerant, then compressor went out, and now cracked pipes. I would never recommend this product to anyone. When I lived in Kentucky, we had a Trane and it never gave us any problems.

Date created: 2014-08-27 Name: D.Taylor

"Not a good company"
I have only been in my home for 2 and a 1/2 years. My unit needs a new coil. I am the first homeowner of my home. Brand new home, I called to see about the warranty and I was told my warranty only covers the part and not the labor. I don't think this is fair. After reading up on this company, I see that they have had a lot of problems with the coil on these units and they sometimes are replace and still aren't any good. I will never ever buy anything from this company. And when you call them they act like they don't care. BAD Company!!!

Date created: 2014-08-26 Name: James M Ofsanko
Location: New Jersey

"I install them"
Never had a unit go bad in the last 5 years I have been installing them. A lot about a system depends on who installed and if it was installed properly. Which, in this business, I find a lot cut corners. With new laws coming to New Jersey, should weed out the fly by nighters. I also agree with a post - most units are cut from the same cloth.

Date created: 2014-08-20 Name: Dennis Anderson
Location: East Troy, WI

"Pissed"
Junk.. Second time in 2 years it broke down. Now needs a new compressor. My option is wait for 2 weeks for one to be shipped or pay 100.00 for 3 to 4 day shipping. Mid August and here I sit...Should have got a name brand. Oh well..

Date created: 2014-08-16 Name: william j fromal
Location: Bear de.

"Goodman A/C failed after 15 months"
Bought unit from a/c direct had it installed 08/15 2014 unit stopped cooling. Called Horizion A/C to come take a look. $1,468.30 later repaired pin hole in refrigerant line -- obviously manufacture issue -- leak was at brazed joint. Called Goodman to see about warranty. Person answered with attitude when I described my problem. They stated that if they do not replace the part there is no warranty.Will not recommend or purchase another Goodman product. The repair bill was more than the purchase price.

Date created: 2014-08-12 Name: Joanne H. Taylor
Location: Barrrington, Rhode Island

"Housewife"
Had gas furnace and a/c unit installed in August of 2010. Starting in June of 2011 every time a/c unit ran water could accumulate on cellar floor. After finally getting my own plumbing contractor, as the company who installed the unit kept giving me the runaround, found out we had a crack in the tray which should collect the water and send it to the pump. Goodman said it was the fault of the contractor who installed the unit, that they damaged the tray. Had a new unit installed, at my expense, and the same thing happened to this second tray. Wrote to the company and they replied that they manufacture the best quality equipment and gave me the excuse that I should have purchased their "so called plan". They never honored any warranty within the time period. Would never recommend this product to anyone. So far it has cost me almost as much for repairs as I paid for the new unit at the time of purchase. Other unit I had lasted me for fifteen years and never had a problem. Heard this company was No. 2 in the manufacture of these units. They keep producing equipment and not treating their customers reasonably they will end up being at the bottom.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>