Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GIBSON central air conditioners

Read more about GIBSON central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-09-04 Name: Dennis Kohajda
Location: Windsor, PA

"Indoor coil"
I'm not happy with my Gibson unit. I have only had this unit for 2 1/2 years and the indoor coil is already leaking. The best thing is that it has been 1 one month and the service contractor who installed the unit has not replaced it. As of Sep 1, 2008, he said it will most likely be 6 more days until they get the coil. They blame Gibson for not sending them the coil they say they are too busy making other coils for more up to date units. My unit is only 2 1/2 years old and it is considered out of date. The only good thing is the unit is still under warranty. Who knows it might not be by the time the coil is installed. How is that for the care of a warranty customer.

Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: RITA ADKINS
Location: Gulfport, Miss.

"CLIMATE CONTROL/ GULFPORT MISS."
Was installed last week and already have had the repairman out twice and he is due out again today. It does not cut off when it reaches the target temp. My power bills will be out the roof! It hums and takes forever to reach the target temp!

Date created: 2008-08-24 Name: Douglas Nicely
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

"DISTRICT MANAGER"
I have only owned this unit for four months. the first day I turned it on it was making a roaring sound. I called for service and they said the indoor fan motor was out of balance so it had to be replaced I have called service out again for the same problem and they put rubber mats underneath the A/C unit. Still having the same problem today. I was told that this unit was made by Frigidaire and it was just as good. I just don't think so because it has been nothing but a piece of junk.

Date created: 2008-07-30 Name: P. M SANTOS
Location: Dallas, TX

"KNOCK ON WOOD NO PROBLEMS"
Installed almost 3 years not one problem lowered air conditioning bills, big improvement

Date created: 2008-07-28 Name: C. Gyorkos
Location: West Point, CA

"Gibson AC & Heating Unit"
Just found out that our furnace was malfunctioning which could have caused a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning and that the compressor on the air conditioning unit is not functioning properly. We're scared of having it replaced with the same but cannot afford to invest in another. Contractor recommended it and we trusted him. He is doing everything to try to fix the problem but we're still scared!!! Don't know how long it's going to take to fix and we're preparing for sweltering weather. Not good. May have to contact a consumer protection agency. Don't invest in this one.

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: Tony Chuck
Location: Beach Haven, NJ

"mr anthony chuck"
I live at the beach and my compressor is deteriorating, my neighbor bought his unit at the same time and its ok, who should I call?

Date created: 2008-07-07 Name: J. Smith

"Never Again!!!"
My new Gibson unit did not last one week before it had to have a new compressor. Last year I had to replace my compressor again (after only two years). Today is the final straw. My compressor is out again after only one year. Sure it is under warranty. It still costs me $600 in labor not to mention the aggravation. Never again

Date created: 2008-06-30 Name: M. Nitschke
Location: Amarillo, TX

"What a piece of junk"
Coming up on the first anniversary of the new addition to our home, which was high end in every other respect except this one. Had we known what we were in for we would have upgraded to a decent brand name. Last Saturday it ran all day and the temperature rose to 83 degrees inside. The contractor shrugs his shoulders after not finding anything wrong. We have r19 in the walls and r38 In the ceiling and have all windows treated with reflective film, yet we swelter.

Date created: 2008-06-14 Name: CAROLE

"gibson central air"
This is the worst nightmare. Unitís compressor failed and I am still waiting two weeks later for a replacement. This is in the heat wave of up to 100 degrees, upstairs of my home is in the high 90'S. Totally unacceptable and may have to replace the unit which cost $6k and spend another $6k plus. A consumer law suit should be filed by all with this manufacturer. The note below is correct, my home is high end and installer had no right to offer this below standard unit.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: G. Grizzard
Location: Clarksville, TN

"Ms."
This unit was a nightmare. In four years it was repaired 5 times. We just spent quite a bit of money to replace the entire system. I would never, ever consider a Gibson unit again and I would definitely discourage anyone from buying one.