Consumer Reviews of FRIGIDAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about FRIGIDAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-03-24 Name: C Graham
Location: Florida

"1-3 service calls/year and less than five years old"
We have had trouble with this unit constantly. We've had air handler problems, blower problems, coolant leaks and compressor problems. That covers pretty much everything! Some repairs have been done more than once. Getting warranty service from Nordyne (the maker of Frigidaire ac units) was next to impossible, at least with the dealer they've had me work through. I asked for another dealer, and was instead given a phone number that only a tech may use to contact their factory, which does me no good. Google turns up numerous ripoff reports. I'm looking at replacing a nearly five year old $6k unit which I put in to get greater energy efficiency than the working 22 year old unit I'd had. I need to put a stop to the ongoing repair bills and inconveniences. I could not regret the purchase more.

Date created: 2011-11-23 Name: Ed Posie
Location: Scarborough Ontario

"quality workmanship"
I had a Frigidaire air conditioner FS4BE installed with my furnace 2 years ago. The nice thing was that the old unit that was installed was over -sized and never made the home comfortable in the summer. The contractor installed a proper sized unit and the home has never been as comfortable in the summer and the added bonus is the electrical costs went down. It is nice to get quality workmanship for a change.

Date created: 2011-10-25 Name: T Higgins
Location: Barrie Ontario

"honesty"
I had a 14.5 seer air conditioner installed with my new furnace. It runs quieter than my last unit and uses less energy. The real reason I first bought the unit FS4BE was the contractor was so honest about what I needed to fix my furnace. Honesty does pay, Thanks Luke.

Date created: 2011-10-21 Name: S. Kulla
Location: Kingston Ontario

"I had a Frigidaire air conditioner fs4be030k installed"
I had a Frigidaire air conditioner fs4be030k installed with my new furnace. My old unit was loud and an eye sore. The new air conditioner is quiet and runs like a top. It is nice to get your moneys worth.

Date created: 2011-08-05 Name: Tony
Location: Toronto Ontario

"Frigidaire central air conditioner and furnace"
The Frigidaire central air conditioner and furnace I had installed in my first rental property is the most reliable piece of equipment I have ever had. I have now installed them in all 12 of my properties and will make sure that is the only equipment I will use.

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: Heather Green

"Heather Green"
I had a Frigidaire air conditioning unit installed 9 years ago that has run perfectly, knock on wood, ever since. I keep the outside unit clean of debris and cover it in the winter. I have had my installer check my ac every other year since it was installed but it always checks out fine. Since that time I have bought other Frigidaire appliances and they all seem to be very reliable, attractive, less expensive than other brands and have a good warranty. I hope Frigidaire keeps making good products and I am grateful they still make them in the United States!

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Portland, OR

"A good air conditioner for the price"
I bought this air conditioner last year after having a tough summer in 2009. Since I did not have a big budget, I had to settle down for this moderately priced air conditioner. But a few days after usage I realized that I had not settled, I had hit the jackpot. This air conditioner made my life easy. It cooled up the entire room in about five minutes. What is more the noise that comes out of it is also minimal. I can watch TV in low volume while my baby sleeps peacefully with the air conditioner on. I have had dust accumulation problems with my previous air conditioner. Assuming that all of them accumulate dust rapidly, I sent for my handy guy to service the air conditioner this may in order to have it ready for summer. He spent only 20 minutes on it and very little dust had accumulated. I love this air conditioner and have suggested it to anyone who asked my opinion. The only thing it lacks is a thermostat, so it has to be manually turned off and on, but for the price it would be too much to ask.

Date created: 2011-05-19 Name: Christy
Location: KC

"worst cental ac unit ever, 3 yrs old & have so much $ in it now that I could have had 2 lennox units over 24 yrs."
This is the worst unit and no one wants to own up to the fact that I have a lemon that was not even welded correctly. 6 months after I had it installed it already needed new parts. Then only 3 yrs. old and it needs freon every 30 min. Not to mention that it also sounds like an airplane outside my house. The manufacturer won't install a new unit for me. Nice job passing the buck Frigidaire! Burn me once, but you will never have my business again or anyone else that I know.

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: Macomb, MI

"Keeping Things Cool"
I have had my air conditioner for about a couple of months now I think. The main things which I feel are exceptional about it is that it works for one thing and that it blows cold air just like I have always wanted. The pure rush of having cold air hit your skin after a hot summers day is something which I always look forward too. I do dislike although that it is a window type because now my window is pretty much occupied with the air conditioner and I really can't use it like I have before. I didn't have to repair or replace at all and so far it is working pretty good. I would get the same again but, I don't know if I would go with the window type and I guess I would recommend it to a friend it they did not care about their windows being occupied at all.

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: E.A.BROWNRIDGE
Location: TORONTO

"HAPPY IN ONTARIO"
i HAVE HAD MY fRIGIDAIRE AIR CONDITIONER INSTALLED FOR 3 YEARS AND i HAVE NEVER HAD ENERGY BILLS SO LOW. tHE UNIT IS EXTREMELY QUIET AND i HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM