Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of FRIEDRICH central air conditioners

Read more about FRIEDRICH central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-07-24 Name: Don Carlos
Location: NY

"If Only the AC Pumped Cold Air"
I purchased a brand new Friedrich 12,000 btu AC window unit. After installation, I turned it on cool with a temperature setting of 60 degrees, it pumps out warm air only. I cannot believe a brand new AC was not check before it was sold to make sure it actually pumped out cold air, like an AC is supposed to do. If you want to purchase an overpriced fan, you also should buy a Friedrich AC.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: K.Kennedy
Location: New York, NY

"CP08E10 window unit"
This window unit has never worked right. Purchased June 2009, but a cool summer. This summer Friedrich arranged for an authorized service team to come out. They said we needed a new one, the compressor was broken. Since then I have been unable to get Friedrich on the phone. They know nothing. Extremely disappointed with the company and their failure to replace the machine. Our previous a.c. worked for about 15 years. This one is also very noisy.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Disappointed

"Friedrich Rips Off Consumers"
Friedrich's Wall Master Unit costs more than $750 and it does not cool the room. In fact, it never worked. After I purchased it, warm air came out of the unit. I exchanged the unit for another one from the dealer and again, the same thing happened. I called Friedrich and they offered to send out a service repair professional at my expense. I purchased a Gibson, which I had never heard of. It cools the room for half the cost.

Date created: 2008-08-02 Name: M. Milks
Location: Texas

"friedrich ac units"
Recently replaced Friedrich Central unit that was installed early 1970'S. Ran great up to the end. Still have room A/C installed by previous owner in mid '80's and it also is terrific. Great products.