Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-11-07 Name: Marius Corbin
Location: Miami FL

"2 bad units"
I bought 2 Coleman Mach units of 13,500 BTU's in February 08 with the extended warranty of 3 years. 1 unit had to be replaced this year after constant service calls that were not covered by warranty. It leaked gas and was not working when I needed it the most. The other unit just gave up after less than 4 years. They are really bad units and not worth the money. I am in Florida and I need a/c. It did not work when I needed it the most. Do not buy Coleman A/C unit

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Gary Hamlet
Location: Durham, NC

"Great Unit"
We had a cce dealer (coleman certified expert) install our system, so we knew that they were qualified to install such a complicated system. To date this system has saved used close to 1,800.00 in annual utilities. I have a Echelon 16 seer air conditioner with the modulating 98% efficiency furnace installed 2 years ago and I have been very pleased. This unit delivers the heating and cooling in my home just as the cce company promised and is much quieter than my old unit. We will definitely recommend this unit to our friends.

Date created: 2012-07-21 Name: D. Marcello
Location: New York

"Central Air Conditioner"
Would not recommend this unit or anything from coleman. Nothing but problems from start. Did not work properly during hot days. Quoted from coleman. Product of the environment. 420.00 dollar to have a kick start added to get compressor to work. Warranty manager "Lee" rude and no return phone calls from company. Known problem but blamed the hot weather in New York as the issue. Manager said that kick start kits are included on some models that are used in areas of hot weather. I bought an air conditioner for hot weather not cold. Kick start kits should be in all units and not just some. Company tried blaming distributor rather than accepting the blame for the engineering flaw. If they don't work in the heat don't sell them up north!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: Robert B.
Location: Orange, Tx

"3 compressors"
My house is not even 4 years old and I've been thru 3 compressors, replaced one fan on the outside unit, had my unit charged 2 other times besides when replacing the compressors, and will soon need a coil replacement. This unit has been nothing but trouble. I would tell anyone to stay away from Coleman and anything Johnson Controls has anything to do with. The customer service from the manufacture was less than acceptable. All my problems were handled promptly by my local repair company with little support from the manufacture. I would just like my money back and go with another brand.

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: J Parker
Location: SE Texas

"Always needs Freon"
I have had this unit for 4 years. The first year was fine and then problems with freezing up. Always having to have freon put into unit. Replaced inside coils but still have problems. Purchased extended warranty but dealer did not send end now I have no extended warranty and a ac unit that needs freon every 15 to 20 days. Still paying for unit at credit union, really sucks.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: eloise
Location: florida

"unhappy"
Have had 3 service calls in one year! Every time I leave for more than two days I need freon again. Technician says they all are leaking and I need to replace my coils. Is anyone else having these types of problems for coleman brand?

Date created: 2011-07-06 Name: ac contractor
Location: Minnesota

"no cool"
I own a ac company. We currently installed several Coleman units and are not at all happy with johnson controls support with coil and leaking water issues. to us as contractors. I called a a.c. company that is currently in a lawsuit against johnson controls and spoke with the owner. He says j.c. has paid his customers full refund for replacement of the defective units but they had to contact attorneys but they won on contingency. He also said he no longer sells the units. Contractors beware..___

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: john
Location: bridge city tx.

"ac coil leaks and micro channel technology"
Microchannel Coleman and York units are defective. Johnsoncontrols is being sued

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: chad
Location: nederland

"johnson controls"
Coleman is being sued for coil leaks

Date created: 2011-03-04 Name: Sue Smith
Location: ohio

"VERY GOOD PRODUCT"
I've had this Coleman unit for 14 years and haven't had a bit of trouble. I've regularly maintained it.