Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-06-13 Name: K. Willis
Location: Rockwood, TN

"Coleman heat pump A/C unit"
I am very happy Climatize of Kingston, tn installed my new heat pump/ ac unit and added another return in my double wide mobile home. My original unit never evenly cooled the home. Now my electric bill will go down and my whole house is cooler. Robert Howell and his crew were extremely knowledgeable and courteous of my needs. I highly recommend anyone with a mobile home, who has uneven cooling/ heating problems, install a return on the other end of the trailer when updating their heating system.

Date created: 2014-06-12 Name: Douglas Orr
Location: Burlington, Ontario

"Coleman"
Unit extremely quiet, operating temperature excellent. Installation crew were very professional and completed the job expediently; clean up was exemplary. Although the unit has only been installed for a few days the conditions under which it is currently operating are at the upper end of temperature and humidity requirement, unit has performed extremely well and providing the home comfort we were expecting. Would recommend brand and installation crew to friends and neighbours.

Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: C.THOMAS
Location: WESTLAND, MI

"JOHNSON CONTROLS UNITARY PRODUCTS"
I am impressed by how soon the unit is cooling down my home. I would buy the same brand again. I was more impressed with the quality of service I received from the installer, Aaron. He was very helpful explaining things I did not understand, very professional, and knowledgeable.

Date created: 2013-11-27 Name: F Taverna
Location: Staten Island New York

"Great System"
I had a new Coleman AC5B system installed in my house complete with ductwork and a zoning package. I have two thermostats that control separate parts of the house to give me wonderful comfort and energy savings. It is quite comfortable and without one problem. I would recommend it to anybody as a system that will give you top quality at a reasonable cost.

Date created: 2013-10-11 Name: Dick Morse
Location: Florida

"Revolv/Coleman 5-ton Package"
4 days after installation, the unit failed! After having a local A/C service confirm the failure that I had to pay for, with the manufacture they have done nothing? I have called their tech group only to leave a message no one will answer the phone? They did call me back 3 days later only to insult me. I spoke with someone whom I believe is the owner of the company and he promised me that they would take care of the problem asap, only to be lied to. It's been 4 days now and still have no A/C after spending $2500.00 on a piece of junk?

Date created: 2013-07-11 Name: Cheryl
Location: NW MN

"Leaky Unit!!!"
Purchased this unit for installation on new home less than 5 years ago. Started having issues after 4. I have coped and must have it for the humidity in Northwestern Minnesota. As soon as I was up here full time the unit started giving us issues losing the coolant. Been filled at least 6 times and the leak can't be found. Unit wasn't used overly much before last year. Already expended $600 and am unemployed, can go no further. O-rings missing or installed incorrectly at factory!

Date created: 2013-07-06 Name: Maureen Hawkins
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada

"Bad Quality and Worse Service"
A few years ago, I had a Coleman central air conditioner installed. It ran fine for about 3 days, then the weather cooled off. The next summer, it didn't work due to a tiny hole in the compressor. I suspect it was defective or damaged in transit or installation. Coleman replaced it but I was charged almost $600 for labour. This year, I turned it on for the first time since it was "fixed". It didn't work. You have been waiting a week for the Coleman distributor to return my repair company's call. This air conditioner, to date, has cost almost $2000/day to run and still doesn'T.

Date created: 2013-01-18 Name: m padawer
Location: germantown,tn

"19 year old system"
I have had 19 year old system installed by a local hvac company here in the memphis, TN area; used to split my system as I only had one system in a 2 story house; was very satisfied with contractor and have been pretty much been satisfied with the coleman system; not too many repairs over the years other than the normal things; I did have the coils changed about 8 years ago and now the coil is leaking again, which I had to add some costly freon last summer; I am now contemplating replacing my system; have been satisfied with coleman, but I think I will replace with another mf, not sure @ this point, but would recommend the coleman

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: Marius Corbin

"very satisfied with Coleman service"
I had some issues with 2 Marine rooftop A/C's and the response from Coleman and their subsidiary rv Products was exceptional. They went way pass their obligations to make sure I was satisfied. I would never consider buying any other make.

Date created: 2012-11-07 Name: Marius Corbin
Location: Miami FL

"2 bad units"
I bought 2 Coleman Mach units of 13,500 BTU's in February 08 with the extended warranty of 3 years. 1 unit had to be replaced this year after constant service calls that were not covered by warranty. It leaked gas and was not working when I needed it the most. The other unit just gave up after less than 4 years. They are really bad units and not worth the money. I am in Florida and I need a/c. It did not work when I needed it the most. Do not buy Coleman A/C unit