Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-08-16 Name: L. Webb
Location: Houston, TC

"4 TON EVAPORATOR COIL FAILED 6 YRS"
The Carrier ac was part of a Lennar home that we purchased in Texas and is one year out of warranty. The majority of my neighbors on my street have replaced the coils or compressor in their Carrier units. One had to replace the unit...none under warranty. The a/c repair man indicated that it was because of the cheap parts that Carrier used in their products. Unfortunately, it expensive to install a new quality product. If you have a choice, do not go with Carrier...check consumer reports.

Date created: 2012-08-15 Name: L. Hurlock
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

"Carrier Infinity Is Junk and Carrier has no customer service consideration"
We purchased 3 Carrier Infinity units, installed on our home 7 years ago. We have had problems with them since installation. Two outside units have since been replaced after about 6 years and the one original remaining is constantly having issues with lack of proper cooling. Carrier has become junk in my experience, the name once stood for quality but no longer. Carrier as a company provides absolutely no level of consideration for customer satisfaction or service. In the future, I will install bottom line Janitrol before Carrier. Stay away from Carrier's inferior products, extremely high cost for equipment and the parts and labor to fix the junk, in addition to Carrierís disregard for customer consideration.

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: Tom Reese
Location: Brownsburg, IN

"Carrie Corporation offers NO SERVICE"
They will not stand behind thier products. Look at the other reviews and you will figure out that they had quality issues in 2005 - 2007. I have one of those units and it failed. I called them and they showed no concern at all. The inside coil failed as many of them have from that time frame. Carrier Corporation should care about it's customers, they do not. You would be well advised to buy another brand and save the headaches I have due to carrier CORPORATION's lack of customer service.

Date created: 2012-07-28 Name: Ziggy
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Carrier Comfort Series is WASTE OF MONEY"
I bought Carrier products (ac and furnace) for many years because they used to be good. I replaced my junky contractor installed unit (Keeprite)3 years ago with a Carrier (Comfort Series - Puron) unit, thinking I would be set for the next 12 years at least. Much to my surprise, the Carrier first gave up during its first summer; then again the next summer (2x)...it just died again today making it at least 5 service calls since it was installed. It looks like the Carrier is even a bigger piece of junk than the one it replaced! I will never buy a Carrier product again! Total crap! So who actually biulds a quality product these days?

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: j. smith
Location: orlando,fl.

"Air Handler Coil"
My 3 1/2 ton air handler coil just started leaking a year out of warranty. These coils evidently have big problems leaking and they know about it. I called them "Carrier" directly and they acted like they never heard that before. Of course they would not help me in any way. I have a 16 year old comfort range AC for upstairs and the damn thing has never, never had a single issue! Carrier is a terrible product laden with defects of which they will not own up to. I will do everything in my power to put the word out to not buy from this company. In the work I do I see thousands of families a year and you bet I'm gonna tell every one of them to never buy a Carrier product!

Date created: 2012-07-13 Name: N. Shields
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

"Most unreliable product I have ever owned"
I asked the contractor for the most reliable product available and got this. It either breaks down completely or if their is even the slightest power spike it shuts off and you have to go out in the middle of the night to recycle the power. I have read good reviews on this product and can't imagine how anyone could be so lucky. Someone posted a review that said it must be installation. It is a package unit, you sit it on the ground and plug in. I have a competitive brand that is 10 years older and it just keeps on keeping on. This unit has yet to go a full summer without breaking down.

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: Jacques L
Location: LA

"Carrier is JUNK"
We had this Carrier Infinity unit put in two years ago and it has yet to run for 3 months straight! I have never bought a bigger pile crap then this ac unit in my life. It has had every electronic board changed out inside and out. The inside blower fan motor just quit and had to be replaced. Now the outside compressor exploded shot oil all over the house and yard. The system seems to be smarter than the people that work on it as well. I paid over 12k for this system and with well over 35 service calls (and counting) in two years and with labor I am out $3000 on top of that initial $12.000. I would not wish this Carrier unit on someone I hate. Carrier is no help at all in addressing my issues they just donít care. Do not buy this system!

Date created: 2012-07-07 Name: Marlon Breaux
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"CARRIER IS CRAP!!!!!"
I purchased a new Carrier all in one unit three years ago. In that time, I've spent over $3,000.00 in labor (parts are still covered under warranty) for leaking coils, bad valves, and various failures of this very expensive unit. I hate Carrier with every fiber of my being and hope the company goes out of business. They have elected to use cheap imported parts and God only knows where they have their assembly done. Carrier was at one time the best in the industry. They have since cut corners to increase profits, including outsourcing the manufacturing of their parts to other countries, and now produce huge piles of expensive crap. If I can save even one person the pain and frustration I've suffered with this unit then this review has been worthwhile. I've been without a/c now for over a month because Carrier has to wait for a new coil to be manufactured and shipped from China. I've had enough and pray that others will look elsewhere for their next a/c unit.

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: Tim F
Location: Gainseville FL

"Sorry Mark"
Mark sounds like you were had which unfortunately, happens all too often. Most people do not know that among the tops...Carrier, Trane, Lennox etc., it really matters on who installs them. There are a number of reasons that you can have a bad compressor due to improper installation and it sounds like you got hit by it. By the way, Carriers do in fact have Copeland Scroll compressors, not made in china, take a look for yourself, I've been to the manufacturing plant. All you need to know is you probably know nothing about hvac, like most, and the best thing you can do is research the installer.

Date created: 2012-05-20 Name: JOE FITZSIMMONS
Location: Sherman, TX

"HOT IN TEXAS"
In August 2010 I had a new Carrier air handler installed by a local contractor. He installed a 7 seer Bryant outside unit and a Carrier heatpump air handler unit. Since then I have had leaks in the garage from the drip evaporation off the coil, had to have a capacitor replaced, and today I am about to burn up in the Texas heat because the blower motor has gone out and I won't be able to get one until next week. This is not what I consider a reliable unit. Yes I am hot in texas! I will never buy another Carrier product!