Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-05-07 Name: M. Courtney
Location: Charlottesville, VA

"Carrier is Crap"
Had a 2-ton, 15 seer Puron Carrier a/c installed in summer 2006 by an incompetent Carrier dealer. The coil failed in 2009. Carrier HQ was rude, nasty, and unconcerned. With the help of a relative in the HVAC business in Kentucky, I got a coil under warranty but had to pay installation labor. In 2011, 3# of R410 was added but a tech could not find a leak. April 2013: coil leaking badly. A non-Carrier HVAC company was told by Carrier that they would honor only 1 year of the 5-year guarantee. I called Carrier and it agreed to honor the guarantee. Labor and R410-A will cost me about $1,000. Now 7 years into ownership, I will have replaced 3 coils and spent $2,000 in repair bills to keep this junky a/c operating. Buy anything but a Carrier. Carrier a/c units are defective. My nephew works as a Carrier tech for industrial units; he says the coils are failing every couple of years and recommends a tin or aluminum coil. I expect that Carrier will send another copper coil. I hope I can move before this new coil fails. I am going broke. The Trane dealer told me I'd be sorry. He was so right.

Date created: 2013-04-25 Name: joan wilson
Location: Pennington, NJ

"Infinity system"
Junk! I had it installed in May 2004. The refrigerant started to leak after the 5 years warranty was up. I used to replace refrigerant every year since then. Just found out that the coil was bad and the manufacturer is out of business. Carrier has a poor customer service and never initiated a re-call. They couldn't help us. Do not buy Carrier.

Date created: 2013-04-17 Name: ziggy
Location: Niagara Falls, ON

"NEVER again - total JUNK!"
2 ton residential unit with Puron. Never made it through a single summer without breaking down at least once. Refrigerant keeps leaking out; no help from Carrier; lots of excuses; poor service...the dealer who installed it went bankrupt and the new service dealer is full of lies. 5 year warranty runs out this summer. Unless you want more stress in your life or you enjoy losing $$, stay away from carrier garbage!

Date created: 2013-04-10 Name: B Pioveson
Location: Benton, Il

"Extremely poor quality"
Air conditioner coil developed refrigerant leak in the first three years of operation. It was replaced (at owner's expense) with a new Carrier brand coil. That one lasted only 18 months before developing a leak. Just ordered a complete new air conditioner system. It WON'T be a Carrier.

Date created: 2013-04-03 Name: W. Simon
Location: Lebanon

"Carrier is JUNK"
Dear All, I am actually wasting my time to write a negative review about my Carrier central air conditioning units. I have installed 3 in my apartment - 1 for each bedroom and 1 for the main salon. I have had issues ever since they were installed and Carrier's after sales support has been horrible. It has been 1.5 years now and during the winter they do not heat properly, and during the summer they do not cool properly. I have contacted and complained to Carrier locally, regionally, and internationall and nothing has been resolved. The units are low quality as they started manufacturing in China and in Egypt. The Egyptian made units and completely defective and the Chinese somehow works a little bit. Other brands such as Acson (made in Malaysia), have proven to be of much better quality including their customer service. I urge anyone reading over this review not to go with Carrier air conditioning units. they're days are over

Date created: 2013-04-03 Name: G. Bride
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Bad Customer Support"
When we needed part information, Carrier Customer Services wasn't willing to share information about their product part numbers. I recommend other brands that give customer support. There service was terrible.

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Brian Foster
Location: Palm Harbor, FL

"Carrier is junk"
Since a new Carrier central a/c was installed in 2005 I've had constant problems, the blower motor has been replaced twice, the circuit board once and about every 3 months a service call for the constant loud humming noise it makes,so many different parts have been replaced I couldn't even list them all. In short Carrier is the worst air conditioner on the market.

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Bob
Location: Tampa, FL

"DO NOT BUY CARRIER AC UNITS"
After purchasing three Carrier Units for a new home I built in 2005 Carrier refused to cover a $200 fan that died. After spending thousands you would think they would step up on a $200 fan despite it being out of warranty for just over 2 years. To add insult to injury I was told that they now offer 10 years on parts so you would think they would grandfather this knowing they had a loyal customer. Do you want to do business with a company like this. I'll keep you posted if I hear from them now that this info is being spread.

Date created: 2012-11-05 Name: Frank
Location: Miami Fl

"Infinity carrier is junk"
This unit is total garbage. Our old unit lasted over 10 to 15 plus years with zero issues. When our house burned to the ground and we rebuilt it our gc had this ac unit installed. Within 3 years it started making weird noises and blew a compressor. Almost a thousand dollars later and 9 months guess what the same noise is back and we are placing another service call now. Anyone saying installation is a factor is mistaken... We had different companies evaluate and give quotes last time and most of them said the same unit has the same issues regardless of who installed it. We were a complete rebuild and everything new including ducts walls etc..... It's no wonder you get an extensive warranty cause you will need it... Too bad labor is not included... Considering a different unit versus pouring money down a bottomless pit.

Date created: 2012-10-22 Name: T. Heins
Location: San Antonio, Texas

""A" Coil"
Having to replace our second "a" coil - first after only three years of service.