Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E Bridgwater
Location: Cambridge, On

"never buy this brand again"
I purchased a "puron" AC in 2007 for $4000, it has required repairs 3 times since install ( pretty much each summer that I started using it, it didn't work) at a cost of around $300 each time. I contacted Bryant to inform them of the problems and they could not have cared less and although they said they would look into it they then required me to send them a long list of information that I eventually just gave up. I will never purchase a Bryant producr again.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Donald Jue
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Bryant is extremely unreliable"
We purchased our Bryant 3.5 ton in 2005 and have experienced 5 complete freon leaks occurring in the compressor unit. The regional Bryant representative was involved on the 4th leak. The fix was assured permanent. Now we have multiple leaks that are not repairable. We will try to obtain a new unit from Bryant since our troubles began when we first purchased the unit; however, I do not have alot of confidence that this will happen.

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: Bob Richards

"Business Manager"
I live in Phoenix with 110+ temps in the summer and my new 2 stage Bryant system was excellent in keeping the house at a comfortable temperature all summer. I saved $250 in one season.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: RP Schumann

"Confused!"
I have read reviews of at least 12 of the top name brand central units and have not found a one that was positive. I realize most reviews are negative, but this is beyond my comprehension. Surely there must be some good reviews out there. I have a Bryant 4 ton for 15 years with no real issues, lightning burned out a condensor, and would like to upgrade. I need a larger unit and would like to make it a 2 stage system to eliminate the high cost of propane. So what unit do I use? Now I'm at a loss.

Date created: 2010-07-30 Name: H. Clausen

"buyer beware"
I paid over $4000 to have this chinese made junk installed and have spent over $1500 in repairs over the past 3 years having it repaired. It craps out every summer and of course the warranty does not cover the labor to fix this pos. Bryant is a cheap product and a total waste of money.

Date created: 2010-07-29 Name: Robert Mathis

2 years old and has broken down 3 times already. Leaks all the freon out and motor seized up. I have spent over $680 on "non-covered" repairs on this piece of junk. Don't waste your money on a Bryant..it is worthless.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Bill Grant

"Poor Product/Service"
Can't say anything good about the unit. Replace old unit June 28th. Worked two days and failed. Technician said it was a bad A-coil. Replaced the A-coil. Worked a few days and failed. Replaced the A- coil again. Worked 10 days and failed again. This time (Saturday morning) some valve is bad. Just call Monday morning. Of course, predicting 100+ temperatures. Either Bryant or their dealers have a major quality problem!!

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: M. Hicks

"Two speed doesn't last"
The compressor has gone out twice on our less than 5 year old system. Bryant wants the service guy to put in another compressor, which costs labor and freon. What is a 10 year warranty worth when it costs you hundreds every time you use it?

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: L. Delgado

"Awesome AC"
Bought the Evolution 20 Series in 2008. The two speed compressor makes it very energy efficient. The variable speed air handler keeps the temp cool without the ups and downs in temp. For those of us in hot climates, you'll love the humidity control -- you can take it down as much as you like and make the house feel like the "dry freezer" cold. Definitely recommend it.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: Michael M.

"BDP 561cj042"
Purchased the product 4/1996 and it has been a champ for this many years. Replaced the dual run cap and installed a 5-2-1 compressor saver. Works like a champ it is only a 10 seer which uses 4444 kw an hour, when it dies will address it when I cross this bridge. 5-2-1 compressor savers are easy to install, the guy wanted $300 to install it, I said remove it and purchased online for $45. It was very easy to install.... not sure if they work for r-410a.