Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of ARCOAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about ARCOAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: Robbie Brown
Location: Downsville, La.

"2 ton air conditioner"
We have a Arcoaire unit for 30 years now. We replaced the fan motor 11 years after installation. We have a yearly mantainence service. Just now having some cooling issues. Hope we can find a contractor for this product again.

Date created: 2010-07-03 Name: Steve W.

"20 yrs old and still running great"
Our a/c is 20 yrs old and we had our first problem this year. It cost $58 to replace a contactor and now the unit is running like a charm again.

Date created: 2010-07-02 Name: M. Kowacz

"Piece of S***"
I would never in my life purchase this ever again. The freon leaks all over the place. All my piping are frozen over like they are located in Siberia. I have to refill the freon literally every month. The freon gauge showed me that it was filled 75% when it was actually 15%. The air conditioning can barely battle the heat and takes the heat down a big 10 degrees on a good day. I had to invest in a number of cheap fans which in all honesty work a lot better than the air conditioning. I would rather keep buying cheap $12 fans than constantly pay for repairs and freon. The air conditioning system was also installed by contractors that were of low quality education to say the least and weren't able to properly communicate with me so we resorted to speaking in simple English and a form of sign language consisting of the contractors pointing at parts of the air conditioning system and nodding. I also have to spray Febreze in intervals of 3-5 hours in order to combat the foul odor. I used to have difficulty hearing my tv when the air conditioning was on until I purchased a high quality top of the line surround sound system for my living room area. I would never recommend buying this product to anyone on Earth. Please email me at mark15092@yahoo.com if you have any recommendations for my situation or are experiencing any similar difficulties with this piece of s***.

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: Helen Lewis and Stan Lewis
Location: St. Louis

"Helen"
Unit will not cool. Can not get the dealer that installed it to fix it. It is still under warranty. They came out the next day. I called May 27th. Did you get that date? It's now June 23rd. They said they would order the part, then, they said that you sent the wrong part. Have to reorder, then they called and said they would pick up the part in St Louis Wed and come out and fix it Thursday. That was last week, June 16th. It's now June 23rd. Have not heard a word since after a lot of calls and left messages. They are out of Percy, Illinois. It is hot here in St Louis. My dinning room is 93 today. Please call or email us. Stan Lewis 618 781 9658

Date created: 2010-06-13 Name: C. Jackson

"jackson"
Just read all the bad reviews. I guess, I was lucky. Had it for 16 yrs. No problems at all.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Kathy

"Great product"
We installed this unit in our home when we built it 23 years ago. Only had one repair. The motor fan went out about 10 years ago. Am now shopping around to replace it with something else since it is this old.

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: Gina Bunch

"NO problems with our arcoaire a/c unit"
We have had our Arcoaire air conditioner for about 10 years. So far, we are completely satisfied with the air. We haven't had any problems. I would recommend this brand. I haven't had to deal with any warranty issues on my air, so I can't comment on whether or not the manufacturer is great on warranty repairs. However, the fact that I haven't had to says a lot. If we ever have to replace our unit, we will go back to Arcoaire.

Date created: 2009-07-16 Name: Felicia P

"Beware of Arcoaire"
I purchased my house 2 years ago and the ac unit was only 5 years old. In the 2 years that I have been in my house; I have had to have the ac repaired 4 times. Coils, condensor fan motor, parts burning out and something else I cant even remember. This ac unit is trash.

Date created: 2009-07-01 Name: Patricia Martinez

"For God's Sake, Don't Buy This Piece of Crap!"
This is totally Sears' fault and they will not give us any money back unless we sue them. This piece of crap air conditioner hasn't worked right almost from the start. Plus, Sears' subcontractors were horrible and caused 2 leaks under our house--1 natural gas and the other for the air conditioner, which has helped to ruin it. Sears will take no responsibility for any of this fiasco. We complained to the Better Business Bureau, after many wasted hours of complaints and phone calls. Sears just has the attitude--yeah, you want anything from us, you just sue us and see what you can get. The Better Business Bureau just closed the case because they have no balls. Sears is a horrible company. Run, run, run away from them fast! Do not make the mistake of spending big bucks with Sears like we have! Their products are bad and their work is shoddy.

Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: big b