Consumer Reviews of American Standard central air conditioners

Read more about American Standard central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: Steve

"VERY HAPPY"
I had a full American Standard System installed 4 years ago. 95% 2 stages furnace, and allegiance 16 air conditioner. It works great. Never had a repair yet. It's quiet and my bills are lower. The guy comes out twice a year and does a tune up. The same company just installed systems in 2 of my neighbors houses. I think a lot of it comes from the way the quality of the company. I wouldn't recommend anything else.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: D. Pullem

"American Standard Customer Service is TERRIBLE!!!!!"
American Standard customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. I have had a slow coolant leak starting in the 2nd year of service. I have had service out 6 times for the same problem. The warranty ran out couple of years ago and I have had service twice since then. I tried to get American Standard to cover the costs, since this is an on-going problem that has never been fixed. I even wrote their president Mr. Poses twice and both letters were ignored. He apparently doesn't care what people think of his company. As I write this review, my A/C is out again. I would never again buy an American Standard product of any kind.

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: Gerry Ashum

"Problems galore"
Very noisy and very unreliable. I've had the repair company out five times and they still have not been able to repair the unit or correct the noise issue. I've have asked for a refund to no avail so it looks like the next step is to go to court. Totally regrettable decision.

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: Roger P.
Location: Arizona

"Stay away"
We've had to have repairs done five times in just under 3 years on our American Standard AC. Leaky coils, seized up fan motor, seized up compressor, to name a few. Even when it's running, it doesn't keep the house cool on the warmer days. Complete worthless piece of junk. It would make a better boat anchor that it does an AC. Don't buy American Standard unless you enjoy throwing your money away. Roger Pettie, Arizona

Date created: 2010-03-22 Name: Hui Chen

"Never another American Standard"
My contractor never told me that this piece of junk had aluminum tubing running through it. The dogs pee on it. Now, the entire unit leaks out the expensive new coolant. I am told I need to buy another unit. This time, I will buy an Amana or Lennox with a copper tubing.

Date created: 2010-02-09 Name: Joey B.

"Review"
I purchased a 20 seer 3 ton, tax credit American Standard system about 6 months ago. I am very happy with my new system. I have no more noise issues that I had in the pass. The contractor was very helpful with all my questions. I'm actully looking forward to see what my summer electric bills are going to be this year.

Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: Blake Reyes

"My American Standard"
I had an old Carrier unit replaced with a 16 seer American Standard unit. I couldn't be happier. I read a ton of reviews before I bought and they all had one thing in common. Everyone that was unsatisfied was unsatisfied because of the install or the company that installed it. The equipment is all the same. It's the company that's important. Don't go for the low baller or the high bid. Go with a company who you feel comfortable with and you feel will back up what they tell you. I would recommend American Standard to anyone who wants a top quality AC system. Just make sure the company who installs it is top quality also.

Date created: 2009-08-30 Name: Bob R.

"power bill down"
Had all in one unit installed about 2 months ago. contractor said that we would see a big change in our power bill. got our power bill for our first month of using new unit and he was right. power bill went down by a full third. this was with someone home 24 hours a day and temperature hitting mid-90's each day. feel that we made a good decision by installing american standard. we are very pleased with the unit and am looking forward to lower gas bills this winter.

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: Jeff D.

"American Standard Air Conditioner is not worth the money."
The previous air conditioner that was in our home lasted the first 3 years we owned our home without any maintenance other than changing the filter. a rat ate the wiring outside and it burned up the motor. We call a company and they said that we needed a new unit. They recommended American Standard. Now the service company has been here to service the unit 5 times in the last 3 years and now they are saying that the unit needs a $300.00 cleaning. Either the unit is a lemon or the company that sold it to me was a rip off.

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: Bob R.

"quietest and best ever"
Had a gaspak installed with 16seer to replace 14 yr old bryant that ran constantly and would not keep house cool. within 30 minutes of turning new system on temperature inside house had dropped to 76 degrees.this was on a day that outside temp reached 95 degrees. the unit is also so quiet that the other day my neighbor and I had to walk over to check and see that it was running.unit has stayed on stage 1 since it was installed. my wife is very,very pleased with the unit. the contractor that we chose stated that of all the units he installs this was our best choice. my wife and I have to agree.we should see large savings on our next power bill.