Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read more about American Standard central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: Susie Custer
Location: Pearsall

"Owner"
Any American standard AC/furnace unit is pure crap! We have two central units ! First copper coil leaked In one year, second copper coil In 18 months!! The Copper is thin and gets holes and leaks!!! I would not buy American standard if they gave me units! ******Beware of mike at sub zero in Devine, tx!! His prices are actually quaduple in price for exact coil replacement. Plus it took Mike 29 days to order a coil!! New company that replaced second coil took 4 days.

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: dennis mcnemar
Location: zephyrhills fl. 33541 lot 392

"MR."
This unit is junk. I have a 10 year warranty. You will fix this unit. I live in Fl . and I am over 70 fix it or replace it. My ph # is 813-788- 9391 call me if you have the balls.

Date created: 2014-05-20 Name: Gary Hobbs
Location: wofford hts, ca

"gary hobbs"
Installed AC in 2003. 3 years later the compressor went out. Replaced. 7 years later the compressor went out again. American Standard would not replace compressor because they say it is from time of original installation that their warrantee covers. What they're selling is junk. I called 5 times to get some resolution and the happy run around. I hope everybody within this internet review reads this and stays away from these modern day Jessie James crooks. Hope you lose a lot of business because of your way of helping the people that trusted your products. I know I'm just talking to the wall but it helps me vent my frustration with American Standard. Gary Hobbs 818 406 8435

Date created: 2014-04-30 Name: Dennis Waddell
Location: Talbott, TN

"Single Packaged Two Stage 4 Ton Heat Pump"
I had installed this unit 5 years ago and it has been nothing but trouble ever since. 1. The compressor went bad 2 years ago. I discovered that the extended warranty I had purchased had not been filed by the installer. American Standard replaced the compressor but I had to pay for the labor and Freon, close to $1000. I had to sue the installer for the warranty. 2. The Thermostat went bad. 3. The defrost board had to be replaced. 4. The Freon leaked out and they couldn't locate the leak. 5. I am now informed that there is a leak in the evaporator coil and it is out of warranty. I am having the unit replaced. This is without a doubt the worst A/C unit I have ever had the misfortune to own.

Date created: 2014-01-08 Name: Ben Castera
Location: Miami FL

"Nothing but trouble"
I would not recommend buying the high tech machines. They cost more and every time there is something they have to get the parts from the factory!!! I cannot believe that American Standard does not have a decent set of parts somewhere in South Florida!!! My problems so far have been: - defective thermostat (remember this is a high tech machine that talks to the various components therefore you cannot use any normal thermostat) - Freeze switch (and I am in Miami!!!) - now motor of the indoor unit And the unit has never been removing humidity like it was supposed to do... in fact it is dripping water.

Date created: 2013-09-05 Name: mike
Location: st. louis

"Aluminum Coils"
Trane American Standard tells you that aluminum coils are efficient. Don't fall for that line of crap. It's just much cheaper than copper, plus they are prone to leaks and cannot be field repaired. The spine fins which I call fuzz help with the inferior heat transfer but they tend to be dirt magnets. Copper is the best by far, tell the truth ir! Copper, much more efficient, can be field repaired!

Date created: 2013-09-03 Name: S Leach
Location: Redding, CA

"Allegiance 14"
We moved into this rental house in early 2011. The A/C unit is from 2006. In the 3 summers we've been here, the compressor has gone bad twice and the coil once. Plus, when the coil went bad it leaked water in the attic, since the pan and drain were installed wrong. So the ceiling was ruined in my 5 year old daughter's room. Each of the outages has meant a 7-10 day stretch while we wait for parts from the east coast. So many millions of people here on the West Coast and not a single part?!?!?!?! It gets over 110 here almost every year and occasionally 115. But here we are on day 9 today waiting for the next compressor which will fail next summer!

Date created: 2013-07-26 Name: Steve Jones
Location: Woodville, Texas

"Disappointed"
Had Rainey A/C of Woodville, Texas install a new unit in 2006. It leaked from day one and continues to do so. It has a 10 year warranty but the dealer just patches the unit and will not replace it. Last week, a switch went out on the compressor and today the compressor would not start. Now I have a loud buzzing from the inside unit. The dealer said that it was probably a transformer and he would be out in two or three days to see about. I will never buy another American Standard anything and for sure not from Rainey A/C.

Date created: 2013-07-26 Name: D. Langwell
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA

"Poor Performance and Repair"
System is 10 and 1 month old. Bought the extended warranty. Unit had several service call since installed. Now, I have to replace TXV valve at a cost of over $1100. Warranty expired one month ago. American Standard says repairs are my problem. Would not recommend this product. Also would not recommend Energy Star Htg. in Elk Grove, California.

Date created: 2013-07-16 Name: J. Solomon
Location: Austin, TX

"Does Not Honor Warranty"
Less than 5 years in the coil froze. Unknown to me, the coil is manufactured by Aspen. Aspen will not honor the 5 year warranty (says it's up to the distributor) and American Standard will not honor the warranty (because they didn't manufacture the coil, just put a substandard piece of equipment in their unit).