Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-08-18 Name: p huss
Location: wisconsin

"like said installer lnstaller installer"
Like said I think its all about who installed the unit. Installed a 13seer amana march 2012. Great unit so far. Set at 78 and its to cold for me. As for the warranty I am sure I paid extra for this but I am ok with that because for next 20 years everything is covered parts and labor and the compressor lifetime. I installed a amana furnace at the sametime and same type warranty and I am just as happy. a Big Thank To The good guys in appleton wi. I can not say enough about how good they where from start to finish. Will again as needed in the future.

Date created: 2012-08-10 Name: D. Smith
Location: Atlanta

"Great System"
I had 2 Amana systems installed in my 10 year old home. The older units were what the builder put in and when the repairs started increasing I decided to change out both systems. The company I worked with did a great job and the systems are cooling my house better than ever. I use to have to set my thermostat at 68 just to stay comfortable in the Summer and now we keep it set on 74 and it is cold. Our utility cost has dropped by over 50% during the Summer.

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: Robert Plasid
Location: Houston Tx

"Amana Is Top Of The Line."
The problem with the internet is any one can slam anything or anyone, any other mfg can smear the other homeowner. Facts are the people that are very happy with their Equipment on any Mfg model are not out here venting their problems. Trane Carrier Amanna Goodman all are good units How they are installed and maintaned or used, I love it on a service call. when I go out for a problem there always a New filter and the unit shines. Stop by without calling and I have found no filter installed or so dirty that it was about to be sucked up. I'm going to sum this up. How can every other person be happy and five stars and every other bitting the Bullet, Find out the truth, there a lot more to every story, Installation is the key, Outlaw DIY and 99% of the problems will be solved.

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: Willy g
Location: Aurora Ontario Canada

"Amana distinctions 14 seer"
This Ac unit was the most difficult purchase to make because many reviews said stay away from Amana. I called a few companies all which had their own brand and labour warranties. However we decided to go with direct energy, even though they were big bucks. But, I know that if any issues they are a phone call away (12 year parts and labour) Ac working great house is cold Period!!! All Ac units use pretty much same parts except trane This site really confusing with many different reviews!! Just picked one !!

Date created: 2012-07-21 Name: S Mooney
Location: Charlotte NC

"Cold & Happy"
My Amana ASX 14 has kept me cold for 12 years. The ac keeps running and has never given me a issue. Happy customer.

Date created: 2012-07-11 Name: Jim T
Location: Charlotte NC

"Great Product and Install Company"
I spent a lot of time researching manufacturers and found Amana's AC's and Gas Furnaces to be one of the best. Through my research, I found it was just as important to find a good hvac company to install the product. I chose a local company (Charlotte, North Carolina), Brothers Air & Heat. Brothers gave me a fair price but more importantly proformed a great install. I watched the installation crew and they showed me all the steps they performed to have a perfect install. I love my Amana AC/Furance and will never use any other hvac company other than Brothers. Jim

Date created: 2012-07-11 Name: Subject Matter Expert
Location: Missouri

"Air Conditioning Bliss"
Customers of Amana or any brand for that matter. If your system has to be charged with freon it is not Amana's fault. It is (who) you selected to install it. If your system is less than 5 years old and you were charged to repair anything on your unit it was installed incorrectly. Again, (who) the company you select is very important. Cheap labor is not necessarily skilled and skilled labor is not necessarily cheap. You get what you pay for. Amana is Awesome! How could you rate anything but 5 stars?

Date created: 2012-07-06 Name: C. Free
Location: Lexington, ky

"Terrible Experience"
The unit is less than two years old and been charged with refrigerant twice. I found out this week after the second charge that the coil was leaking. The hvac company didn't act surprised when they found it because they have had five or six other Amana units with the same issue. The good news is that the coil is under warranty. The bad news is that the repair cost me $800. In my opinion stay away from Amana.

Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: Larry R
Location: Denton,TX

"Amana distinctions units"
I bought 2 Amana Distinctions units in March 2011, a 4 ton and a 3 ton. Both are 2 stage 16 seer. I haven't had anything but good out of both units. They are quiet and reliable. The only thing I have done is change my filters on a regular bases and washed the coils on the outside units in the spring. I think that installation has a lot to do with them and I found a nice fair independent installer. I saved about $5000.00 over the next lowest bid (for both units) and love bragging about my electric bill with my neighbors.

Date created: 2012-06-28 Name: W. Billings
Location: Key Largo, FL

"Could have done better"
Decided to replace our old ac when remodeling the house, and chose the Amana based on our now former tech's recommendation, and the warranty. After the install we discovered we couldn't run only the fan like we've been able to do with every other unit we've had. We've had two repair calls that the new tech attributed to power surges. The "lifetime" filter is a joke, stops only the largest debris, and allows everything else to deposit itself on the coils. Also found out, from the former tech, that annual service didn't include cleaning the coils and would cost several hundred dollars. To add insult to injury the size of the "lifetime" filter is is different than every other filter on the market, and the ones we had custom made cause the unit to whistle and howl. When it works it works well, but we certainly haven't saved any money with our new, energy efficient air conditioner.