Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-07-03 Name: HOPE EDMISTON
Location: Texas

"AMANA SUCKS"
We purchased the inside and out brand new with a 5 yr warranty then paid for the ten yr extended. So far we have had the inside motor and squirrel cage replaced 4 times because they fell apart. Then we've had the outside fan replaced. The condensers been replaced and we had to change our inside breaker from a 40 amp to a 60 amp due to the outside unit shutting it off after the 2 inside fan was replaced. now as of last night (temp. 105 Texas) inside temp was 92, the compressor and condensors are both out. Had to find a window unit and have my kids sleep in my room on the floor just to keep cool. I know there is a lemon law and if Amana doesn't want to replace it then I will be finding me a lawyer. When you pay $5000.00 you expect the darn thing to last more then 3 yrs. but these repairs have been happening since it was 6 months old. I will never buy Amana again. We're not rich people and can't just go replace it every 3 yrs. You except it to have minor problems, but this is crazy. never again!!!

Date created: 2009-06-26 Name: Larry Tompkins

"Very dependable"
Our Amana ac unit has been absolutely wonderful. It keeps our home very comfortable and we have not experienced any problems in the 4 years since it was installed. Very quiet and very dependable.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: D. Bloomer

"Amana Central AC"
We have an Amana ac. We have not had one problem with it. We have it serviced yearly and are completely satisfied with it.

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: hank

"love it"
This is the second summer I have had my amana a/C. I wished I would have replaced my unit sooner if I knew I would save this much on my bills. I was surprised to see some of the reviews on here, about noise my service man sat down with me and showed me several units explaining the different types and how some were better then others. you must have just had bad installers I love my amana.

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: J.L. Haney

"Amana unit is terrible"
I'm in the process of replacing my 5-ton Amana packaged A/c unit. It was installed new in July 2003. Since that time, I'm on my 3rd compressor and just now the blower motor and circuit board has failed. The motor alone costs $700.00. When the service tech opened up the panel on the unit, it was amazing to see how much corrosion and mildew was in the unit. I've never seen the inside of an a/c unit look so bad. I've been adding up the repairs and I've almost spent as much repairing the unit as I did to purchase it new. I always thought that Amana was a good brand, but I have learned the hard way just how terrible these things are. I have never been more dissatisfied with an appliance as I have been with this one. I called Amana's consumer affairs division and was basically told to read the warranty and if its not covered, oh well, its your problem. One would think that a reputable company would look at the level of failure and be willing to help make this unit right, but not Amana. I also understand that Amana is either owned or affiliated with Goodman. Just to be safe, I would stay away from anyone that has anything to do with an Amana. These things are pure junk and Amana is useless.

Date created: 2009-06-13 Name: Bill Stephens

"Amanna SEER14"
I bought a replacement AC/Heating unit to replace an old unit(20yrs old) and this year the compressor went out. the install company Hixon h/a came out and replaced the compressor at no charge but told me that Amanna was charging them $50.00 for trade-in of old compressor. This model was purchased because it had a 10yr warr on the compressor and lifetime on the heat-exchanger and other heating compnets parts....I Thank Hixon for standing behind their products but shame on Amanna for charging the vendor.....

Date created: 2009-06-09 Name: T Johnson

"numerous repairs in less than 10 months"
I purchased an amana ac unit in August of 08, it has already been repaired and now it is out again. Where I am, it is over 90 degrees and they are telling me that it will be 48 hours before they can get anyone out here. I have requested that they replace the unit since it is obviously a lemon, but they are refusing. It is 90+ degrees inside and unbearable. I was misled on this unit and it is a piece of crap. When I was speaking with the rep at Amana I heard him speaking with a supervisor in the background and he said "here is one for tomorrow" and the guy said "no, we can't confirm next day, it has to be two days". This is utter garbage. I even offered to have a local company that I could get here today to do it and pay half, but they refused.

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: Lisa

"Very Quiet Unit"
I bought a foreclosure that had the unit stolen from it. I got an Amana 14 seer. I wanted to get an Amana because it has a lifetime warranty on the compressor. It is very quiet and runs well. I am so pleased!

Date created: 2009-05-02 Name: AMANA

"Wouldn't recommend this brand"
I have had 3 service calls due to freon leaks! First service call, couldn't find the leak, second service call, found leak within condensor, replaced the condensor. Now just had third service call and had different contractor which found leak in valve. I was very disappointed and was concerned because this year is the last year that I could refill with chlorine based freon. If there is leak, I would be supremely disappointed and stuck with useless system. I do not like the idea of shell out another three grand to replace the faulty system. Amana sucks!

Date created: 2009-04-30 Name: AMANA

"love it"
My amana a/c died after turning 18 bought a new one much smaller and alomost slient compard my old one form what i've read theres differnt modles that are bag the compressor so there's almost no noise all I hear is the fan blowing