Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-08-23 Name: J St. Pierre
Location: Lantana, TX

"Horrible AC Unit"
I do not know the exact type of Amana AC unit I have, but it states Distinctions Amana. I lived in my starter home for 10 years, and even though my AC Unit ran non-stop, it never broke down. Six years ago, I was fortunate enough to be able to move to a larger home built by Highland Homes and was very excited. The home has been great, minus the AC unit by Amana. In my six years of living at this house, today 08/23/14(two days before school starts) my AC Unit went out again and this will be the sixth service call to Houk on this unit. Looks like the same issue with the line that supplies the Freon went out again, just like two years ago. I do not have the most expensive house in Lantana, TX, but it is mine and I do not plan on leaving. I hope a builder like Highland Homes does not use Amana again. It breaks down during the hottest time of the year and is not dependable. I would rather have my first AC unit from my first house that ran all the time to keep the house cool and not this supposedly great brand of AC for a nicer home. Very disappointed in Amana and even more disappointed in Highland Homes for using this brand. My neighbor next door and down the street also had problems. One of them had to replace their AC after six years. Not acceptable.

Date created: 2014-08-08 Name: Laurie Zinser

"Don't Buy"
We had periodic problems with Amana / Goodman ever since we bought our new home in 2007. After 7 years of use we had to replace the coil and other misc items with the unit. Stay away from Amana!

Date created: 2014-08-02 Name: Ann LaMarr
Location: Lutz, FL

"Don't do it."
Pure crap, have replaced just about every part in 4 years. Will never buy another Amana product

Date created: 2014-08-02 Name: Reggie Barnett
Location: Friendswood, TX

"Amana/Goodman performs well"
In 2011 we had a 17 year old Trane 2 1/2 ton compressor lock up so I called a local dealer that will install any brand of unit. They replaced the upstairs unit with Goodman and it has performed exceptionally well. In 2013 the 3 1/2 ton downstairs Trane failed because of an evaporator leak. I decided to replace r22 based system with the Amana asx 16 and it is outstanding. Electricity usage is over 500kwh less each month, home is comfortable. I had very minor problems with the builder installed Trane units. They lasted 16 - 18 years. Amana has a lifetime warranty if the compressor fails, they will replace the condensing unit not just change out the compressor. This is the best warranty of all brands and something to consider.

Date created: 2014-07-29 Name: Clara Gee
Location: Pearland,TX

"A/C"
I bought this 14 SEER a/c unit 9/3/10. The compressor had to be replaced 7/21/11 which was $1200 for labor. Now the coils, etc in attic are rusty. The labor to replace these items is $1300. I am extremely disappointed in this air conditioner. I would not buy this brand again.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: R.S.
Location: Florida

"Broke after six months"
Sweating it out for a week now in humid 90 degree weather waiting for Amana Goodman installer to replace a blower. New house only six months new. Others in the community are reporting issues with new units also. Wow. Wish I saw these reviews and knew about the class action before this garbage was installed.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: Calvin
Location: Atlanta Georgia

"Cost Efficient Quality Air"
It hard for me to believe that the ratings are so low. I work on older units a lot of time, and most continue to run with no real problems.

Date created: 2014-06-14 Name: kent hurla
Location: excelsior springs mo

"Bad compressors"
I'm on my second Amana A/C. I will never buy another one. The company won't even talk to me. The compressor went out on both. Stay away from this brand. Wake up Amana, fix the problems with the compressors.

Date created: 2014-04-26 Name: Dave W

AC guy is replacing the compressor on the 3 year old unit. We have been through a coil already, and a couple of electrical parts. Amana is crap, don't buy it!

Date created: 2014-03-28 Name: DW Johnson
Location: birmingham al

"Thanks"
Thank you for such a great product. We are finally comfortable in our home!