Consumer Reviews of AIRE FLO central air conditioners

Read more about AIRE FLO central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: TJ raffody
Location: Indiana

"GARBAGE UNIT"
I have lived in my new house for 7 years. I have two units for my house. I have had problems with both! Dont buy this airflow garbage units. I had 2 companies come on to check them and they both said the compressor is bad. Really 7 years old?

Date created: 2013-08-05 Name: M. Henry
Location: Tampa, Fl

"Worst System Ever"
I replaced and "upgraded" my 25 year old AC unit that never ever broke down, other than the dog biting through a hose and leaking freon. That repair was $80. Four years later and thousands in repair and warranty service charges and it has broken down again. Aire flo has been a nightmare.

Date created: 2012-08-31 Name: James Nesbitt
Location: Valley View, TX

"Terrible product and service"
This thing is a waste of money for sure. Within 1 day...not 1 month or 1 year, the compressor went out. We called our home warranty and they didn't cover it because it was brand new and said it was up to the manufacturer to cover it. They refused to replace the unit even though if it already had a bad compressor chances are something else would go wrong. We were put on hold multiple times and had to speak to half a dozen people. Then they didn't want to release the new part. I suppose they are used to lots of complaints because they know there product is bad. Finally, the compressor is fixed and immediately after another freon refill the capacitor goes out. What a hunk of junk!! This company's product and their customer service is terrible and we are reporting them to the bbb! We could not be more unsatisfied!!! Do not buy their product or allow your warrant to force you to use their product!! Buyer Beware!

Date created: 2012-06-20 Name: bamedeo
Location: Ohio

"Worst Ever"
The unit is five years old and has broke down eight times. Don't buy one!

Date created: 2012-02-15 Name: Robert B.
Location: Topeka, KS

"2nd Opinions are worth it!!"
I have been a technician for over 25yrs and believe that everyone needs to have a 2nd opinion. We provide a free 2nd opinion on all of our major repairs. I have also found that no brand is immune to having repairs done, whether minor or major. Even in the early years of being installed. We have found that the technicians installing the system has something to do with the systems longevity. We use nitrogen to run through the copper lines when welding to displace the oxygen and not create, for simplier terms, soot inside the lines. Which clog up metering devices and cappilary tubes. There are alot of ways to prevent issues and to many people take short cuts. Alot of the issues I see people writing about are the company's they are dealing with, not being thorough enough and using a company that would not even post there company name on the outside of ther truck. Just to let everyone know the units that you able to chose from at the start of this review are units they had some problems with. The company has listened to us as contractors and made the units quieter and more dependable. This is the type of manufacturer I like to deal with.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: Timothy S. Torrence
Location: Larose, LA

"central air conditioner unit"
AIRE FLO Compressor went out after a little over 1 year, it was under warranty, but I was still charged $684.61 for shipping, labor and freon. Had to wait 6 days with no a/c in Louisiana for the compressor to get here.

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: Brian Smith
Location: new orleans la.

"equipment"
I have installed airflow equipment and have been veryn satisfied with it. Sounds like most people are having technicians who don't know what they are doing. If someone needs a motor whether its blower condenser whatever I can get it within two hours. I don't have to wait for a truck. And just because a technician says a part is bad does not mean he really knows. AllwaYS GET A SECOND OPINION.

Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: ron mcgee
Location: star city, arkansas

"never buy this product"
in 2001 my home was destroyed by a tornado. with no place for my family to live we bought a double wide and this unit is what was installed. in it's first summer of 2002 i had to replace the compressor. and year after year it was always something else and the person hired (by the mobile home mfg) to install this on our home went bankrupt. the total replacements are the compressor, plus two repairs to the new one.2 fan motors, two relays/capacitors, the inside blower motor.( the fan wheel came off of the shaft and continued to turn while making contact with the blower housing, almost burned our house down) 2 heater sequencers. so after 9 years of service, it finally just died this last summer.If you choose an Aire flo you will be very very sorry. Did i mention that my summer electrical bill is about triple what i pay the rest of the year?

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: S. Morris
Location: Crestview, FL

"Bad, Bad, Bad"
My brand new house came with an Aire-Flo HVAC. It cooled well the first year, but after that it couldn't keep my Florida house cool, ran 22/7, and gave me $400 electric bills in the summer. I was constantly calling service for various and sundry repairs and replacements. It finally died after only 8 years. Now I have to shell out thousands for a new HVAC system. I am not a fan of Aire-Flo.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Ms. C.

"ms. c"
Gee, we purchased the AC two months ago and the compressor broke down on 30C weather. The dealer wanted to replace the whole unit but Aire Flo only replaced the parts. But for 2 months compressor broke down right away? What else after a few years of use? I recommend not to buy this unit.